Rock Werchter 2025

Archi

37 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

Dua Lipa is playing multiple evenings in Antwerp in june. 
Normally is Billie in Werchter next year, this was the plan some time ago. But you know, anything can happen. 

more very very soon, a day event will share news 

Wow! Ken is back.  Exciting times

Good to see you. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Ken19 said:

Dua Lipa is playing multiple evenings in Antwerp in june. 
Normally is Billie in Werchter next year, this was the plan some time ago. But you know, anything can happen. 

more very very soon, a day event will share news 

Holy Moly its Ken!

Nice, they won't be at Werchter itself then! 1st bullet dodged. Now let's hope that bands such as The Script are also at Boutique then 😆

edit: It's fun to watch Imagine Dragons being announced for non-festival dates and seeing everyone on efest say :
"great start, they won't be there"

Edited by polnico

Cool to see you back @Ken19! You spoke about day event with new very soon, I guess it was for Imagine Dragons. Didn't expect them to do such a big stadium tour. And for Dua Lipa, I guess she gonna play at Park De Nieuwe Koers like Rammstein did this Summer.

Hopefully, RW will start announcing soon as this announcement season seems to be much more 'mysterious' than the last one. I think that at this point last year we were pretty certain that Foos and Dua Lipa will be among the headliners. Now we don't really have any safe bets, do we?

1 hour ago, Archi said:

Cool to see you back @Ken19! You spoke about day event with new very soon, I guess it was for Imagine Dragons. Didn't expect them to do such a big stadium tour. And for Dua Lipa, I guess she gonna play at Park De Nieuwe Koers like Rammstein did this Summer.

Imagine Dragons are one of the biggest band in the world now even if a lot of people don't like their music. 

Here in France, I think they can sold out 2 stade de France really quickly. 

Last time at La défense Arena (40 000) it was impossible to have tickets because there was so much people who want to see them. Same for their Chambord concert. 

Really curious to see who will play RW.

Maybe

Green Day/Blink

Billie Eilish 

Linkin Park

Metallica 

I ask me if Muse will play some festivals next years. 

They would have played Pinkpop in 2024, maybe it'll be in 2025. 

They played a lot Werchter (each tour) maybe for the festival anniversary. 

Edited by P.bintein

I agree for Imagine Dragons. I saw them at La Defense Arena and I was surprised to see them soldout this so fast. I just thought they'd do festivals first. Gonna for 2026 I guess. Hope to have some news for RW - or confirmation at other festival like this - soon.

Good that Werchter won´t waste a headline slot on Imagine Dragons (no offence to people who like them). 

Of the names already mentioned I´d be happy with Pearl Jam, Olivia Rodrigo, Nick Cave, Muse or Metallica. 

Not as excited to see Linkin Park or Oscar & the Wolf. 

Obviously Macca and Radiohead/The Smile have a permanent position on my wishlist;) 

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, P.bintein said:

Imagine Dragons are one of the biggest band in the world now even if a lot of people don't like their music. 

Here in France, I think they can sold out 2 stade de France really quickly. 

Last time at La défense Arena (40 000) it was impossible to have tickets because there was so much people who want to see them. Same for their Chambord concert. 

Really curious to see who will play RW.

Maybe

Green Day/Blink

Billie Eilish 

Linkin Park

Metallica 

I ask me if Muse will play some festivals next years. 

They would have played Pinkpop in 2024, maybe it'll be in 2025. 

They played a lot Werchter (each tour) maybe for the festival anniversary. 

I would be very happy with that but I’m still expecting them to share a headliner with Glastonbury (and I want the Eminen rumour to be true) so I’ll go with:

Linkin Park

Billie Eilish

Eminem

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds  

30 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

@Ken19good to see you, any idea if Radiohead is a realistic call for 2025? Apparently they got together 2 months ago to rehearse... 

Good question! Also, according to Colin Greenwood they got together just to play the old songs which to me indicates they are rehearsing for a potential tour. On the other hand, The Smile will have an album out soon and Colin will tour with Nick Cave. 

38 minutes ago, ParanoidTourist said:

Good question! Also, according to Colin Greenwood they got together just to play the old songs which to me indicates they are rehearsing for a potential tour. On the other hand, The Smile will have an album out soon and Colin will tour with Nick Cave. 

That last one especially. I think Colin will tour with Cave throughout 2025.

Maaaaaybe before returning on stage in late 2025 before them doing festivals again in 2026. 

9 minutes ago, matrainertje said:

That last one especially. I think Colin will tour with Cave throughout 2025.

Maaaaaybe before returning on stage in late 2025 before them doing festivals again in 2026. 

This hasn't been confirmed. He's just doing the European dates so far, that's all that has been confirmed so far.

30 minutes ago, Matt86 said:

Muse will only headline show for 2025, and festivals in 2026, they ALWAYS have the same pattern.

Used to be the other way round tbf.

I would be highly surprised if they turn up at Werchter so soon after doing it in 2023 and having to abandon Knights of Cydonia due to antics with the sound desk. '26, maybe.

On 9/8/2024 at 7:20 PM, VolkIreland said:

If you're going to go solo, we have a Solo travellers group (or small groups or whatever) that's been going now since 2019 if you want to join and hang with us during the festival. By us, I mean any of the 200+ people in it.

Yeah I’d be interested in this mate - cheers