Rock Werchter 2025

Archi

2 minutes ago, dude111 said:

Green Day?

they annouced lolla india and RaP teased them

If they are really announced for Southside/Hurricane in the next few days, we could have them. They didn't play in Belgium on their last tour, I'd be sadly surprised if they miss Belgium twice in a row.

1 hour ago, Archi said:

If they are really announced for Southside/Hurricane in the next few days, we could have them. They didn't play in Belgium on their last tour, I'd be sadly surprised if they miss Belgium twice in a row.

Does RW normally share with Southside/Hurricane?

Actually, does anyone know what festivals RW normally has a big crossover with.  For instance, I was sad the other day and identified over the past 13 years (I think that’s how far I went back) RW and Glasto have shared at least 1 headliner 73% of the time

4 minutes ago, sisco said:

Does RW normally share with Southside/Hurricane?

Actually, does anyone know what festivals RW normally has a big crossover with.  For instance, I was sad the other day and identified over the past 13 years (I think that’s how far I went back) RW and Glasto have shared at least 1 headliner 73% of the time

There's usually a lot of crossover with glasto, and in more recent years Mad cool as it's two live nation events on consecutive weekends. I could definitely see Green Day happening if they're playing Germany two weeks earlier.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

Problem with Green Day in the recent past is that they wanted to decide who can play the main stage before them. And not only 1 band, but all of the bands. 
This was a no go for Werchter the last times they were offered. No idea how the situation is this time. 

There are rumours of Fred Again and Olivia Rodrigo headlining Glasto in 2025. Do you expect them to be on the RW line-up as well?

38 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

Problem with Green Day in the recent past is that they wanted to decide who can play the main stage before them. And not only 1 band, but all of the bands. 
This was a no go for Werchter the last times they were offered. No idea how the situation is this time. 

Well at IOW festival this year they had Mcfly, Beverley Knight and Zara Larsson on their bill (also Simple Minds and NBT).  I reckon they might be over it 😂

35 minutes ago, mln said:

There are rumours of Fred Again and Olivia Rodrigo headlining Glasto in 2025. Do you expect them to be on the RW line-up as well?

I fully expect at least one of them will be, basically when I looked through the lineups they share a headliner 73% of the time (very precise and boring of me I know)

Just now, johnybegood said:

I think that we should avoid this kind of questions to Ken if we don’t want him to disappear again… 😉 

Was more a how far down the line they are with the booking process rather than who. 

I have info on a couple of bands and I’d not share myself either until the time is right because you’ll not get the info again 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, sisco said:

I’d be happy with Green Day, Biffy Clyro, Amyl and the Sniffers and Wet Leg from that announcement 

I'd be happy with Green Day, Biffy Clyro, Amyl from that. Biffy gotta be getting a slot back at Glastonbury though either subbing or Other headliner. I think it'll be a sub as they are too mainstream. Something like C&S, Biffy Clyro and some rapper

4 minutes ago, northernangel said:

I'd be happy with Green Day, Biffy Clyro, Amyl from that. Biffy gotta be getting a slot back at Glastonbury though either subbing or Other headliner. I think it'll be a sub as they are too mainstream. Something like C&S, Biffy Clyro and some rapper

I think they’ll headline the other opposite either a Olivia or Fred.  Subbed last time so that’ll work better I think.  Anyway… back to RW

Always amazes me how low acts are on overseas festivals.  Looking at the official website for Hurricane/Southside Wet Leg and Amyl are basically the bottom line so far!  Could easily both be Klub C headliners I guess 

Edited by sisco

1 minute ago, sisco said:

I think they’ll headline the other opposite either a Olivia or Fred.  Subbed last time so that’ll work better I think.  Anyway… back to RW

Always amazes me how low acts are on overseas festivals.  Looking at the official website for Hurricane/Southside Wet Leg and Amyl are basically the bottom line so far!  Could easily both be Klub C headliners I guess 

I would hunch currently at Charli XCX, The Prodigy and Nick Cave being Other headliners at a guess. But yes

Don't really know RW much for placing but I'm open to next year as I think they'll go big for 50.

20 minutes ago, northernangel said:

I would hunch currently at Charli XCX, The Prodigy and Nick Cave being Other headliners at a guess. But yes

Don't really know RW much for placing but I'm open to next year as I think they'll go big for 50.

Those 3 also have to be in with a very good chance of being at RW too.  

Honestly can’t wait for the announcements to start, we’re going whatever comes but always good to start listening to the acts.