Rock Werchter 2025

Archi

35 minutes ago, sisco said:

Yeah I think you’re right.  

Pearl Jam

Green Day

Billie Eilish

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds

Would be a fairly strong 4 with some good subs/co-heads.  

(although I do think FredAgain will be there)

I would be well happy with that . 

Throw in Fontaines dc and we are good to go !!

Hoping for:

Nine Inch Nails, Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds, Billie Eilish, The XX, Tame Impala, The Cure, Bon Iver, Jack White, Faith No More, Olivia Rodrigo could be fun too. 

Ok, woud not totally hate it if they were there:

Fred Again, Green Day, Kings of Leon, Eminem, Pearl Jam, Florence and the Machine

Please no:

Oscar & the Wolf, Linkin Park, Twenty One Pilots, Mumford and Sons 

What am I missing with Nick Cave? I have heard of them but couldn't name a hit. I listened to a couple of tracks on youtube and it's very meh!

So what I am missing, why are they seen as headliners?

Edited by Codhead
  • Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Codhead said:

What am I missing with Nick Cave? I have heard of them but couldn't name a hit. I listened to a couple of tracks on youtube and it's very meh!

Very intense performer.  Only recently got into him tbf so not the best to comment

3 hours ago, matrainertje said:

Hoping for:

Nine Inch Nails, Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds, Billie Eilish, The XX, Tame Impala, The Cure, Bon Iver, Jack White, Faith No More, Olivia Rodrigo could be fun too. 

Ok, woud not totally hate it if they were there:

Fred Again, Green Day, Kings of Leon, Eminem, Pearl Jam, Florence and the Machine

Please no:

Oscar & the Wolf, Linkin Park, Twenty One Pilots, Mumford and Sons 

I’d come to your festival! 

Edited by sisco

51 minutes ago, Codhead said:

First time seeing/listening to NC at last Primavera I was at.

Was just an intense, happy, painfully sad show.

Amazing backing band and he just makes his audiences day with interactions.

Throw 'this is Nick cave' on Spotify and you should be pleasantly surprised 

54 minutes ago, Codhead said:

Listen to a live version of "Jubilee Street"

2 minutes ago, Codhead said:

This was one of the ones I listened too and it just droned on, and didn't do anything for me.

Really? I personally find this version amazing, and it's one of my go to songs to get people into Nick Cave. Maybe he isn't for you 

1 hour ago, Codhead said:

One of the greats, with a awesome back catalogue. Certainly a headliner, I'm hoping he plays primavera. 

15 hours ago, Codhead said:

This was one of the ones I listened too and it just droned on, and didn't do anything for me.

That's exactly how I see it too, just not for me at all. But then if I search similar artists to Nick Cave, there is very few I will like so clearly not for me. It wouldn't be an issue to not watch a band headlining not on a main stage though.

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, northernangel said:

That's exactly how I see it too, just not for me at all. But then if I search similar artists to Nick Cave, there is very few I will like so clearly not for me. It wouldn't be an issue to not watch a band headlining not on a main stage though.

But have you actually seen him live?

To be fair, no video really does justice to how thrilling his (their) live shows are. I go to concerts/festivals since 2006 but few come close to what Cave brings to the table, live wise. And about the question if he's headline worthy or not: in Belgium he easily sold out 2 times the Sportpaleis (Europe's biggest arena). Not every Rock Werchter headliner manages to do so... But I have the feeling he's much bigger in Belgium (and Germany, Denmark, the Netherlands) than the UK, for instance. 

Anyway, I always loved this on stage registration of Stagger Lee from Primavera a few years ago:

55 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Just droned on? Did you turn it off before the 5 minute mark?

If you have to listen to 5 minutes of monotonous stuff as a precursor to it building up slightly then maybe not the best song to introduce people to. I did only managed 4 and a bit miutes of it as it was a little like white noise

Each to their own, if people are enjoying his music, then it's all good with me.  I just wanted to try and see if I was missing something.

52 minutes ago, matrainertje said:

But have you actually seen him live?

To be fair, no video really does justice to how thrilling his (their) live shows are. I go to concerts/festivals since 2006 but few come close to what Cave brings to the table, live wise. And about the question if he's headline worthy or not: in Belgium he easily sold out 2 times the Sportpaleis (Europe's biggest arena). Not every Rock Werchter headliner manages to do so... But I have the feeling he's much bigger in Belgium (and Germany, Denmark, the Netherlands) than the UK, for instance. 

Anyway, I always loved this on stage registration of Stagger Lee from Primavera a few years ago:

Thing is I don't need to, i just don't like his music.