Rock Werchter 2025

Archi

19 hours ago, BenG92 said:

Massive Attack still not quite done, Liverpool date in November, would be great if they did a final 2025 run that included a Barn headline here. 

While they are in my wishlist every year, I’ve given up hope to see Massive Attack at RW. I don’t know what it is…their requirement for no other gigs in parallel due to potential sound leak, their criteria for how “green” the festival is, fear of certain habits of their fans or some beef from the past with the organization (all these have been brought up in this forum over the years), but they just don’t do RW for 21 years now. 

It’s a shame because I’ve seen them a gazillion times and they are always amazing live. And they would be ideal Burn headliners indeed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Name taken said:

They are no part of the Livenation-machine.

Lokerse Feesten is also Live Nation…

they were supposed to play in 2017, but the deal felt off ….  In the end they would have to cancel the show anyway 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, matrainertje said:

Or 2018, which was even better. 

I always kick myself for not even thinking about EU fests when this happened. 

Kali Uchis > Steve Wilson > Little Simz > BRMC > Alice in Chains > Vince Staples > QOTSA>  Gorillaz

Wolf Alice > First Aid Kit > White Buffalo > CHVRCHES > London Grammar > Anderson .Paak > The Killers

Stereophonics > Stone Sour > MGMT > Jorja Smith > Fleet Foxes > Jack White > Pearl Jam

Post Malone > Pale Waves > Idles > David Byrne > Noel G > Nine Inch Nails > Nick Cave > Arctic Monkeys

Is an absolutely obscene run.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Kali Uchis > Steve Wilson > Little Simz > BRMC > Alice in Chains > Vince Staples > QOTSA>  Gorillaz

Wolf Alice > First Aid Kit > White Buffalo > CHVRCHES > London Grammar > Anderson .Paak > The Killers

Stereophonics > Stone Sour > MGMT > Jorja Smith > Fleet Foxes > Jack White > Pearl Jam

Post Malone > Pale Waves > Idles > David Byrne > Noel G > Nine Inch Nails > Nick Cave > Arctic Monkeys

Little Simz has to be there next year right!

4 hours ago, BenG92 said:

2018 was madness! People tend to focus on the headliners but what an undercard we had that year! One of the best lineups I’ve ever seen in a festival. We would have crossed paths many times it seems if you had been there. 

29 minutes ago, clasher said:

2018 was a mad year across the board for festivals. We'll be lucky if we see anything like that in the foreseeable future.

2022 wasn't far off but I think that was kind of a swelled position given 2020 and 2021 had been ruined by some virus or other. 2018 was certainly wild for just how organic it was that a ton of amazing acts were all on tour at the same time.

2 hours ago, Floyd_Ams said:

2018 was madness! People tend to focus on the headliners but what an undercard we had that year! One of the best lineups I’ve ever seen in a festival. We would have crossed paths many times it seems if you had been there. 

It was a fantastic year. I found myself rushing between the stages and were never bored. Whereas in 2023 and 2024 there were breaks for a few hours in between the acts who I found worth seeing on some of the days. 

1 minute ago, VolkIreland said:

I don't remember the price for the 2-person pre pitched, but the 4-person pre pitched was €486

We’re taking our own tents so the pitch should be cheaper than that then