Rock Werchter 2025

Archi

23 hours ago, Karlos12345 said:

Yeah one might think. But there have always been credible rumors by October if PJ was planning a European tour the year ahead.

The rumors are always starting around now indeed. Give it some more weeks. Announcement normally in december. This year was different because of the new album...

4 minutes ago, OrdinaryBoy said:

Romanian music festival Electric Castle announcing their first "big headliner" tonight at 19:00 local time. Whatever it is, might be one of the werchter headliners as well as the festival will be 2 weeks after the werchter weekend. Possible The Cure tour announcement? 

It's Justin Timberlake.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, OrdinaryBoy said:

Romanian music festival Electric Castle announcing their first "big headliner" tonight at 19:00 local time. Whatever it is, might be one of the werchter headliners as well as the festival will be 2 weeks after the werchter weekend. Possible The Cure tour announcement? 

JT and they don’t share headliners.  They share a few acts normally so would be more interested once they’re announcing that.

Also, Kylie ruled out this morning

3 hours ago, sisco said:

Well the new Olivia Rodrigo dates make her guaranteed for Glasto and likely for Werchter too

33 minutes ago, sisco said:

I’m currently predicting:

Green Day
FredAgain / The Cure
Olivia Rodrigo / Oscar + The Wolf
Linkin Park

I shall be back when I’ve got zero correct 😂

I don't think Olivia will be at Werchter but I agree that having Wednesday off is a convenient gap with Belgium close. I'd add Jack and Blink to that and I'd be happy with that. I'd replace both of Fred and OATW too.

13 hours ago, sisco said:

I’m currently predicting:

Green Day
FredAgain / The Cure
Olivia Rodrigo / Oscar + The Wolf
Linkin Park

I shall be back when I’ve got zero correct 😂

Such is festival season but it would need a very strong undercard to convince me if that was what we got served up. I'm hoping that there's a few bigger bands hiding in the wings with yet-to-be-announced dates to really shake things up.

I know 10 years ago places didn't really start announcing until Nov/Dec at the earliest but in recent years with the September/October announcements it has made the rumour mill a bit tepid this year. Most of us are just trying to guess what we'll be getting instead of having anything concrete to sink our teeth into.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, 49Lawson said:

Such is festival season but it would need a very strong undercard to convince me if that was what we got served up. I'm hoping that there's a few bigger bands hiding in the wings with yet-to-be-announced dates to really shake things up.

I know 10 years ago places didn't really start announcing until Nov/Dec at the earliest but in recent years with the September/October announcements it has made the rumour mill a bit tepid this year. Most of us are just trying to guess what we'll be getting instead of having anything concrete to sink our teeth into.

Well I thought it was massively stacked and really unlikely 😂.  You’re asking much much more than me

44 minutes ago, sisco said:

Well I thought it was massively stacked and really unlikely 😂.  You’re asking much much more than me

Oh no sorry, I definitely think it's objectively strong, I just meant subjectively I don't think it would do much for me personally haha! I've already seen most of the names listed there and the ones I haven't I don't have much interest in. Would personally prefer Billie over ORod but we'll see what we end up with soon enough I imagine...

It would definitely sell well though, just I would have to see what else was coming before I committed haha.