Rock Werchter 2025

Archi

9 hours ago, MrTobs said:

I get the two album argument, don't think they'd really care though, considering her popularity. But barely one hit must be a troll, considering she has three number one singles almost everywhere and about 8 songs with more than a billion streams.

I'd argue she'd need a co-head though to please older audiences and cause she is not at the same level as Dua Lipa.

Not a troll, just some long term memory. Several #1 hits over a short period of time is quite common in the digital era.

My point is not to minimize her success (honestly did not know she had anything big other than drivers license), I would almost argue it's the less relevant factor. Show me the last #1 Muse had anywhere and I'm still shaking from their set last year. Yeah, pop stars shine hard (and most of them fade quickly). But my point is that popular as she may be on Tik Tok, Spotify, radio, whatever, she is relatively inexperienced. She's in the midst of her first massive tour. I saw her last glasto set. She cute. But you expect a headliner to deliever a radically good show, and being popular for 2 years is usually no sufficient evidence for that in my opinion.

BTW I also thought that Dua was an extremely weak choice 🙂

Edited by Ohad

1 hour ago, Ohad said:

Not a troll, just some long term memory. Several #1 hits over a short period of time is quite common in the digital era.

My point is not to minimize her success (honestly did not know she had anything big other than drivers license), I would almost argue it's the less relevant factor. Show me the last #1 Muse had anywhere and I'm still shaking from their set last year. Yeah, pop stars shine hard (and most of them fade quickly). But my point is that popular as she may be on Tik Tok, Spotify, radio, whatever, she is relatively inexperienced. She's in the midst of her first massive tour. I saw her last glasto set. She cute. But you expect a headliner to deliever a radically good show, and being popular for 2 years is usually no sufficient evidence for that in my opinion.

BTW I also thought that Dua was an extremely weak choice 🙂

They had Måneskin as a headliner. Nothing more needs to be said about the direction they are taking...