Join our friendly community of music lovers and be part of the fun 😎

Rock Werchter 2025

Archi

14 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Really solid first act for us personally. They may be everywhere next year but I'm just not bothered about the other bills they're on overall. Hoping Rock Werchter comes through with something a little different. 

I still have the hunch they will pass by Glastonbury but not for a full set. Like they aren't getting paid loads anyway for a full set so it's more about if they want it. That gap between Oslo and Luxembourg is too big not to notice.

Chucking The Prodigy into the mix too for this.

Olivia Nick Cave

Green Day The Prodigy

Linkin Park Billie Eilish

Metallica Jack White

I could also see The Prodigy headlining the marquee but not sure what their size in Belgium is now. I don't think Werchter will get larger than usual acts but I think they'll get more acts of a size they can book will people wanting to do this year. 

1 minute ago, BenG92 said:

Chappell Roan also a strong contender in the pop girly bracket. Primavera have really knocked it out of the park for a specific audience this year with her, Sabrina and Charli. 

To be honest a lot of festivals knock it out the park for a particular audience though, you don't book rock bands if you want to the young pop kids.

1 hour ago, sisco said:

I think you’ll get 1 pop princess from that group, but it’ll be Olivia Rodrigo

I'd be amazed if they booked her over Olivia. We are talking about a festival that booked Avril Lavigne, Sum 41 and Dua Lipa has way more grit for her songs. Pink! Is pure pop but she's edgy. Sabrina would look so out of place for Werchter even on a poppier year....I don't think it's someone that will massively appeal to them or they've want or need.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ParanoidTourist said:

Thom Yorke is currently doing an autumn solo tour in Australia apparently playing loads of Radiohead songs. Would be an awesome headliner for the barn.

Blimey the setlists for these gigs look amazing, it has to come to Europe has to.

Or perhaps its just a filler until Johnny Greenwood is fully recovered 

Or perhaps Thom Yorke has the juices ready for a Radiohead reunion. 

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, thetime said:

Blimey the setlists for these gigs look amazing, it has to come to Europe has to.

Oh yes, a Radiohead reunion would be the best but I guess the odds are more in favour of Thom solo or the Smile. 

But I agree: the setlists are amazing for his current tour.

1 hour ago, thetime said:

This tour was announced way before Jonny's illness.

• Upvote 1