Join our friendly community of music lovers and be part of the fun 😎

Rock Werchter 2025

Archi

Sam Fender in talks with Glasto so you’ve got to presume there’s a chance he’s here too.  I do think the negative side to that though is if Olivia Rodrigo is doing it they’ll not share 2 headliners (awaits the someone to appear to say.. well they have in this year before 😂)

Linkin Park hopefully will be announced once they do their big announcement (was that mid November?)

FredAgain was loved last time in the barn  wouldn’t surprise me for some sort of co-header with the weakest headliner.

Also other acts who surely are going to get spots as they’re about:

Barry can’t swim

Amyl and the Sniffers

Teddy Swims

Biffy Clyro

Could shape up to be a pretty good festival

Btw, you’re all suck ups 😂, Ken says literally one word and you all upvote.  Is it a case or keep him sweet and you’ll get info 😂😂.  That being said, hey Ken, love your work  

37 minutes ago, sisco said:

Sam Fender in talks with Glasto so you’ve got to presume there’s a chance he’s here too.  I do think the negative side to that though is if Olivia Rodrigo is doing it they’ll not share 2 headliners (awaits the someone to appear to say.. well they have in this year before 😂)

Linkin Park hopefully will be announced once they do their big announcement (was that mid November?)

FredAgain was loved last time in the barn  wouldn’t surprise me for some sort of co-header with the weakest headliner.

Barry can’t swim

Amyl and the Sniffers

Teddy Swims

Biffy Clyro

Btw, you’re all suck ups 😂, Ken says literally one word and you all upvote.  Is it a case or keep him sweet and you’ll get info 😂😂.  That being said, hey Ken, love your work  

I think the last time it happened was 2017 (Radiohead and Foos) but you’re right it is a rare occurrence! I don’t think it’ll bother them though, I think their aim is just to try and book the best line up that’s available to them each year; and I think your right that Fender might be looking at a Co-headliner slot. 

FredAgain playing after someone wouldn’t surprise me, Werchter always used to have a couple of days with dance acts playing after the headliners so FredAgain would probably work.

Think you’re right regarding the other bands kicking about, I’m expecting Fontaines to get a relatively good billing on the Thursday with AATS and Kneecap before they head off to their London show. 

Re Ken, pretty much spot on 😂 it’s rare in these forums people come by with good info. In my 10 or so years of chatting in these forums, it’s extremely rare someone comes along with info about international festivals so Ken is very much an icon in these parts haha!

5 minutes ago, 49Lawson said:

I think the last time it happened was 2017 (Radiohead and Foos) but you’re right it is a rare occurrence! I don’t think it’ll bother them though, I think their aim is just to try and book the best line up that’s available to them each year; and I think your right that Fender might be looking at a Co-headliner slot. 

FredAgain playing after someone wouldn’t surprise me, Werchter always used to have a couple of days with dance acts playing after the headliners so FredAgain would probably work.

Think you’re right regarding the other bands kicking about, I’m expecting Fontaines to get a relatively good billing on the Thursday with AATS and Kneecap before they head off to their London show. 

Re Ken, pretty much spot on 😂 it’s rare in these forums people come by with good info. In my 10 or so years of chatting in these forums, it’s extremely rare someone comes along with info about international festivals so Ken is very much an icon in these parts haha!

Am hoping for Fontaines DC too.  If I could have them, Bloc Party and Biffy in the day at some point I’d be over the moon.  

anyway.. when do we think the next name is coming?!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, sisco said:

Am hoping for Fontaines DC too.  If I could have them, Bloc Party and Biffy in the day at some point I’d be over the moon.  

anyway.. when do we think the next name is coming?!

Would be very happy if all three of them find their way onto the bill! 

I think we’ll have at least one more name before the week is out… fingers crossed!

1 hour ago, sisco said:

Barry can’t swim

Amyl and the Sniffers

Teddy Swims

Biffy Clyro

I don't think Sam at Glastonbury has any bearing really, if he's a late add/booking then plans etc may be in place elsewhere etc. The worst case scenario would be Werchter had Fender over Rodrigo, I don't know what his rave is all about to be honest but that's me. From what I can work out his song with Noah Kahn and Seventeen Seventy were the 'highlights' if you like but it's quite a mellow rock which is guess where the heartland element comes. Like country rock is it. Just probably not for me. I think I'd just listen to what I like instead of Bruce and get the proper thing.

I don't see Fred closing after a headliner, being a sub maybe or marquee headliner. Werchter haven't had a dance closer in at least 8 years from what I can see. 

To be honest everyone is a suck up for anyone on here with good info, it helps dictate someone's spending.

35 minutes ago, 49Lawson said:

Fontaines and amyl would probably go down well on Olivia's day should she be announced for then. I'd say there is a very good chance as long as she's not Sunday or Glastonbury which I do not expect. I don't know their Belgian size but I'd say 3rd down maybe. If she did 3 days England by chance then she's not there until Saturday and I don't see her having 3 days gap to there.

The good thing for Werchter is there is barely any festical competition for them that weekend in July. You've got Roskilde, Opener, Lytham and Les Ardentes and Les Eurockness.

They've generally got their runs of who they want almost over any of those festivals given they are 4 days and so are Roskilde and Opener for example, meaning they can even play like Denmark, Poland, day off and Werchter. I've seen Roskilde adjust dates some years too so they get in on who Werchter have.

Ardentes is a totally different booked festival anyway.

19 minutes ago, northernangel said:

I don't think Sam at Glastonbury has any bearing really, if he's a late add/booking then plans etc may be in place elsewhere etc. The worst case scenario would be Werchter had Fender over Rodrigo, I don't know what his rave is all about to be honest but that's me. From what I can work out his song with Noah Kahn and Seventeen Seventy were the 'highlights' if you like but it's quite a mellow rock which is guess where the heartland element comes. Like country rock is it. Just probably not for me. I think I'd just listen to what I like instead of Bruce and get the proper thing.

I don't see Fred closing after a headliner, being a sub maybe or marquee headliner. Werchter haven't had a dance closer in at least 8 years from what I can see. 

To be honest everyone is a suck up for anyone on here with good info, it helps dictate someone's spending.

I like Sam, was a great set at Glastonbury before (weather was perfect too so helped) and he’s a big hit in Belgium.  Something like Him and Fred could work as a co line up tbf.

Im more excited now to see who they’ll come up with as we all pretty much knew Green Day would be there.  Few more headers and a bunch of undercard to come before the ticket sale date and then another bunch for the Christmas announcements.  Exciting times

9 minutes ago, sisco said:

I like Sam, was a great set at Glastonbury before (weather was perfect too so helped) and he’s a big hit in Belgium.  Something like Him and Fred could work as a co line up tbf.

Im more excited now to see who they’ll come up with as we all pretty much knew Green Day would be there.  Few more headers and a bunch of undercard to come before the ticket sale date and then another bunch for the Christmas announcements.  Exciting times

I actually think Fred and Fender would be awful....definitely looking for a marquee or barn headliner.