Rock Werchter 2025

Archi

19 hours ago, VCF said:

Great memories of the Friday too. CHVRCHES > Belgium/Brazil > the end of Franz Ferdinand > The Killers was something else.

Anderson .Paak ruled that Friday though. Never have I seen a crowd this crazy at RW. One of my all time favorite festival shows ever. 

23 hours ago, VCF said:

Great memories of the Friday too. CHVRCHES > Belgium/Brazil > the end of Franz Ferdinand > The Killers was something else.

Ooo at TRNSMT Festival that same year had a run of Friendly Fires > Franz Ferdinand > CHVRCHES > The Killers. This just reminded me of that as both sound excellent, even if I chose to go to other festivals than to Glasgow for that.

2018 had some amazing line-ups all round tbf. David Byrne on the same day as AM and QOTSA, as another posted said, would've been great.

Edited by charlierc

On 8/29/2024 at 4:23 PM, 49Lawson said:

Perhaps my favourite festival ever this, remember the run of Friday > Saturday like it was yesterday. Leaving Snow Patrol to see Belgium beat Brazil 2-1 in the World Cup, having an absolute party in Klub C with Franz Ferdinand through into The Killers into the party in the Hive on the night. 

Fast forward 24 hours and seeing England reach the WC Semi Finals, then seeing Fleet Foxes, Jack White and Pearl Jam before even more carnage in the Hive.

As I say, possible my favourite ever run during a festival. Never known an atmosphere like it and the other bands we seen those days (plus the other 2) were mostly brilliant as well.

Easily my favourite Werchter. By a long stretch.

23 minutes ago, SweetJesus said:

Don’t be an asshole. Andrej is reliable. Maybe he don’t have an info about dates and events, but he knows when some band is on tour

22 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

As others have said Andrej is pretty on the money with other rumours.

Normally with these things you don't start name dropping your sources as that's a surefire way to lose the info.

Ok, i hope you' re right!

On 8/29/2024 at 2:44 PM, Floyd_Ams said:

What an amazing edition that was! It was the years when RW was spoiling us with lineups the were unparalleled and yet, you were feeling more comfy in the festival grounds than today. I miss those days...

Do you think as it’s the 50th next years will be more stacked than the last couple of years? Seems like there was more names on the poster back then too

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, sisco said:

Do you think as it’s the 50th next years will be more stacked than the last couple of years? Seems like there was more names on the poster back then too

Nope, I don't think that they'll take that into consideration at all. It all depends on what's out there.. The only thing that probably will be more stacked is the field with more crowds😉 

BMTH, K.I.Z, Biffy Clyro among others that are revealed for RAR next year. A bit earlier than RW, but I have a feeling we'll se BMTH there. Would love Biffy, but they seem to be on RW "shitlist" as rumors has they won't play the spots they are offered..

23 minutes ago, tmolvik said:

Nope, I don't think that they'll take that into consideration at all. It all depends on what's out there.. The only thing that probably will be more stacked is the field with more crowds😉 

BMTH, K.I.Z, Biffy Clyro among others that are revealed for RAR next year. A bit earlier than RW, but I have a feeling we'll se BMTH there. Would love Biffy, but they seem to be on RW "shitlist" as rumors has they won't play the spots they are offered..

BMTH are an exclusive 

I love Biffy so hope that changes 

1 hour ago, sisco said:

You'd think theyd do something a bit special.

Anniversary stuff is just a big gimmick for most festivals. They book what's available and some years seem stronger than others just because of the sheer number of touring acts around a certain size for festivals in one season. 2018 felt like this, a lot of big but also affordable acts snapped up by lots of European festivals.

51 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

Anniversary stuff is just a big gimmick for most festivals. They book what's available and some years seem stronger than others just because of the sheer number of touring acts around a certain size for festivals in one season. 2018 felt like this, a lot of big but also affordable acts snapped up by lots of European festivals.

I do think you’re right and I’ll guess we’ll know soon if it’s a good touring year or not.  

Tbf, fully expecting it to be the likes of Pearl Jam, Billie Eilish, Nick Cave and the bad seeds, FredAgain but wouldn’t it be nice to have that 1 act where everyone was like, wow I can’t believe they got them. 

54 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

2018 was ridiculous. Still got an old Mad Cool cup from that year - whenever I drink out of it my head still falls off over the fact I was able to see all of those acts in the space of three days 

Edited by BOBBY_FIRMINO

1 hour ago, BOBBY_FIRMINO said:

2018 was ridiculous. Still got an old Mad Cool cup from that year - whenever I drink out of it my head still falls off over the fact I was able to see all of those acts in the space of three days 

Yeah I went to mad cool too that year. Line up was stupid good.

14 hours ago, sisco said:

I do think you’re right and I’ll guess we’ll know soon if it’s a good touring year or not.  

Tbf, fully expecting it to be the likes of Pearl Jam, Billie Eilish, Nick Cave and the bad seeds, FredAgain but wouldn’t it be nice to have that 1 act where everyone was like, wow I can’t believe they got them. 

Would be great, but the problem is they don't have to. As long as they sell out even with the "lazy" bookings, there's no need to splash the cash. I think this years Thursday might have been to weak, even for them, but as long as they have a good name there, the rest of the days will sell out pretty much no matter the names.

On 9/2/2024 at 11:28 PM, BOBBY_FIRMINO said:

My wristband from my day ticket there to see Arctic Monkeys is still around. Was a really good day and I think I also should in retrospect have stuck around for the Saturday.

Mad Cool 2022 also had an amazing line-up and I'm still kicking myself that I let a degree of post-covid anxiety talk me out of booking a trip there.

7 hours ago, charlierc said:

My wristband from my day ticket there to see Arctic Monkeys is still around. Was a really good day and I think I also should in retrospect have stuck around for the Saturday.

Mad Cool 2022 also had an amazing line-up and I'm still kicking myself that I let a degree of post-covid anxiety talk me out of booking a trip there.

Yeah the whole weekend was immense. I think it was sold out by the time we booked so just ended up buying a day ticket for all three days. Bit more expensive but 1000% worth the money when you consider the lineup.

Really regret not going in 2022 myself as that was another great bill. Already had Primavera booked as the summer trip for that year, but funnily enough spent a good chunk of the weekend wishing I'd booked Mad Cool instead 

I dont know which EU festivals are owned by Live Nation, but in the press release it says heavy festival touring and that Live Nation does the tour. So all fest that fall under LN umbrella should have Linkin Park.

I am guessing Rock am ring / Park - Werchter - Mad Cool - Download etc.

They have a only 6 shows coming this Fall. With Germany on 22th and UK on 24th. I imagine we could have an announcement right after these shows. I honestly think it's better than use the hype now that wait until the new album in November. 

8 minutes ago, Andrej said:

I dont know which EU festivals are owned by Live Nation, but in the press release it says heavy festival touring and that Live Nation does the tour. So all fest that fall under LN umbrella should have Linkin Park.

I am guessing Rock am ring / Park - Werchter - Mad Cool - Download etc.

Yeah got to be very likely based on that haven’t they!  Would be more than happy with that too