2024 Traffic Directions etc

parsonjack

29 minutes ago, Stultiloquence said:

I’ve been taking exactly that route for years with no problems.  

I did notice this closure though, which makes me think good to get through before 8am on Wednesday.  Not sure where the dismantled railway line bridge is….

IMG_5469.jpeg

The dismantled railway bridge is at the northern end of the B3136, only a few hundred metres from Tesco roundabout.  

• Thanks 1

Anyone know the post code for East side of the site?

We want to got though Gate B on Thursday (mates will be setting up our tent in Big Ground). 

Apologies if this has already been mentioned in the thread #neverreadback 

1 minute ago, nikkic said:

Anyone know the post code for East side of the site?

We want to got though Gate B on Thursday (mates will be setting up our tent in Big Ground). 

Apologies if this has already been mentioned in the thread #neverreadback 

If you're aiming for East parking to then enter on foot through Gate B then BA4 6SS will get you near enough to then be directed by stewards.

Bear in mind though that your SatNav may try to send you down local roads that are closed so better to plan your route along main roads rather than purely rely on the tech. 

28 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

If you're aiming for East parking to then enter on foot through Gate B then BA4 6SS will get you near enough to then be directed by stewards.

Bear in mind though that your SatNav may try to send you down local roads that are closed so better to plan your route along main roads rather than purely rely on the tech. 

Thanks mate, appreciate it.

Coming from Bristol aiming for gate D so want west side car parks orange or pink. Am I correct in thinking I should be putting the Glastonbury Tesco postcode in satnav then follow signs from there. Or there a better way without going right into Glastonbury town 

9 hours ago, SevenMaus said:

Hi folks! Can anyone offer any advice on the best route for driving from Sussex to Sticklinch please? Thanks so much!

Ok not sure where you are in Sussex but I'm going to take a guess on you heading West from there to somehow join the M27 at Portsmouth and follow to Southampton. 

If so then leave M27 at J2 and head north west on A36 to Salisbury.  Stay on A36 past Salisbury then join A303 heading West.  As you're in Sticklinch you'll need to approach Pilton from the West (Glastonbury town side....) so you now have 2 choices....

1 - stay on A303 until Podimore roundabout then A372 - A361 to Street - Glastonbury - Pilton and right down Stickleball Lane into Sticklinch where directed by stewards.

2 - stay on A303 until Podimore then A37 for 2km - left to Charlton Mackrell - Butleigh - Glastonbury - Pilton and right down Stickleball Lane into Sticklinch where directed by stewards.

Option 2 is shorter but takes you through a couple of small villages so in terms of time there might not be much in it.

7 hours ago, Anon12465 said:

Coming from Bristol aiming for gate D so want west side car parks orange or pink. Am I correct in thinking I should be putting the Glastonbury Tesco postcode in satnav then follow signs from there. Or there a better way without going right into Glastonbury town 

From Bristol you want A37 to Farrington Gurney, then A39 to Wells.  From Wells take A39 south towards Glastonbury. 

If you would be happy with Pink then you can go left off the A39 just outside Wells where signposted down Woodford Lane and through Launcherley and North Wootton villages into Pink where directed by stewards.

If you want the option of Orange then stay on A39 all the way into Glastonbury town itself then take A361 heading East towards Pilton and into Orange (or Pink) where directed by stewards.

21 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

From Bristol you want A37 to Farrington Gurney, then A39 to Wells.  From Wells take A39 south towards Glastonbury. 

If you would be happy with Pink then you can go left off the A39 just outside Wells where signposted down Woodford Lane and through Launcherley and North Wootton villages into Pink where directed by stewards.

If you want the option of Orange then stay on A39 all the way into Glastonbury town itself then take A361 heading East towards Pilton and into Orange (or Pink) where directed by stewards.

I’m heading for Sticklinch from Bristol so thinking of getting south of the site before coming up to avoid the queues for Orange. If I take the route you suggest for Pink that that should work, right?

37 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Id love the option of orange but arriving around mid day so I think they’ll be filling pink by then

3 minutes ago, Anon12465 said:

Id love the option of orange but arriving around mid day so I think they’ll be filling pink by then

How they fill Orange/Pink is one of life's great mysteries tbh....or at least to me.  

Anyone know whether you've any chance at Orange if you turn up later?

20 minutes ago, t0paz said:

I’m heading for Sticklinch from Bristol so thinking of getting south of the site before coming up to avoid the queues for Orange. If I take the route you suggest for Pink that that should work, right?

Pretty sure heading down the route I quote for Pink eg via Woodford Lane and Launcherly village won't work for Sticklinch as it would require a right turn onto the A361 where you meet it....which would be against the flow of traffic coming from Glastonbury.

For Sticklinch you're pretty much stuck with heading east along the A361 from Glastonbury town I'm afraid.

11 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

For Sticklinch you're pretty much stuck with heading east along the A361 from Glastonbury town I'm afraid.

Ok, cheers. That’s the route we’ll go for.

1 hour ago, t0paz said:

I think stickleball lane is one way only from the A361, I wouldn't risk attempting to enter from the south.

2 hours ago, parsonjack said:

Ok not sure where you are in Sussex but I'm going to take a guess on you heading West from there to somehow join the M27 at Portsmouth and follow to Southampton. 

If so then leave M27 at J2 and head north west on A36 to Salisbury.  Stay on A36 past Salisbury then join A303 heading West.  As you're in Sticklinch you'll need to approach Pilton from the West (Glastonbury town side....) so you now have 2 choices....

1 - stay on A303 until Podimore roundabout then A372 - A361 to Street - Glastonbury - Pilton and right down Stickleball Lane into Sticklinch where directed by stewards.

2 - stay on A303 until Podimore then A37 for 2km - left to Charlton Mackrell - Butleigh - Glastonbury - Pilton and right down Stickleball Lane into Sticklinch where directed by stewards.

Option 2 is shorter but takes you through a couple of small villages so in terms of time there might not be much in it.

Amazing, thanks so much!

Hi. We are East Camper vans. I am sure we have previously gone south down A37 from Shepton Mallet but post code from east (Lincoln) is TA117DP which sends us south of the site and north up A37. Any advise appreciated. Thanks. 

4 minutes ago, Jackal1 said:

Hi. We are East Camper vans. I am sure we have previously gone south down A37 from Shepton Mallet but post code from east (Lincoln) is TA117DP which sends us south of the site and north up A37. Any advise appreciated. Thanks. 

Technically you can go either way. So it is probably a traffic based decision. But from the north it would normally make more sends to head south down the A37 from Shelton Mallet

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Kaboom Boxer said:

Anyone tackled blue route yet this morning? Wondering what time to attempt the drive from Coxley to Tangerine Fields Base Camp. 

From Coxley to TF I'm assuming you know you'll need to loop round Wells - Shepton - A37 South - Blue Route?

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

From Coxley to TF I'm assuming you know you'll need to loop round Wells - Shepton - A37 South - Blue Route?

I don’t know the area at all just that TF has advised I use blue route. I assume it’s heavily signposted and I just need to head towards Wells then follow blue route signs?