2024 Traffic Directions etc

parsonjack

3 hours ago, Kaboom Boxer said:

I don’t know the area at all just that TF has advised I use blue route. I assume it’s heavily signposted and I just need to head towards Wells then follow blue route signs?

Where are you now?  Blue Route A361 South will only be signed once you get to Shepton if you have headed to Wells then Shepton from there 

13 minutes ago, Anon12465 said:

Setting off now heading to wells then wanting to get int orange/pink. Seems a361 is very slow. Is Woodford lane open T go straight into pink? 

Should be but going past Woodford Lane is your only option if you want West parking from Wells 🤞Can you confirm if it's open please for others to use?

Edited by parsonjack

4 minutes ago, Anon12465 said:

I thought you could go down Woodford lane into pink parking as it’s that side of the a361. Thought you only need to go down towards Glastonbury and then back up a361 if you want orange or stinklinch

Yes..... you should be able to go down Woodford Lane to Pink....if it's not allowed however your only option for West parking (Pink or Orange) is to continue to Glastonbury and then east on A361.

2 hours ago, Anon12465 said:

Woodford lane sign saying no access to festival so down to Glastonbury and up the a361. 5 miles of traffic though 

That's a pity.  Certainly the Traffic Management Plan has that route operating north to south from today, then reversing from Sunday, so the implication is that it's there to service in/out for Pink parking.

Odd 🤔

Just now, Arrowman said:

Anyone else stuck in dire traffic around Cannard's Grave? Our coach must have crawled about two miles in an hour

Same here, we're back towards Shepton Mallet and barely moving. Our coach from Bristol Airport was 90 minutes late and we've been on the coach for 2.5 hours now. 

Oh dear this sounds grim.  My daughter’s coach from Greenwich is at least 3 hours late arriving to pick them up due to an incident on the M25.  To think that she’ll then have to cope with this when she finally reaches this end of the journey… hopefully it will have eased by the time she gets in the vicinity.  If not, you guys will have been stuck there a long time…hope it improves quickly for you…