Onsite coop??

Dizzy2012

On 6/7/2024 at 3:45 PM, clarkete said:

Thank you so much for sharing.  Clearly few would be as open as you and it means so much. 

Be well ❤️

Extra motivated for the Avalon bar shifts where we’re raising money for CALM. I hope it’s an organisation of some use although I’m aware it really needs more resources.

I hope hugs help too ❤️

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LowerMead said:

I do question why they do it a little. For a festival that pushes its green credentials heavily, having a load of freezers running constantly does seem a teeny bit hypocritical.   

It's an entire town that pops up for a week and the energy of a few freezers is nowt compared to pretty much anything else. 

Most importantly, the whole place is run on renewables. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-65950534

BTW I didn't have the same issue buying ice in either 22 or 23. 

I shove it in a fancy Sho 800ml flask (recommended elsewhere in here) to keep it frozen for the day. 

Edited by clarkete
  • Like 1

On 6/18/2024 at 10:48 AM, clarkete said:

It's an entire town that pops up for a week and the energy of a few freezers is nowt compared to pretty much anything else. 

Most importantly, the whole place is run on renewables. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-65950534

BTW I didn't have the same issue buying ice in either 22 or 23. 

I shove it in a fancy Sho 800ml flask (recommended elsewhere in here) to keep it frozen for the day. 

The flask idea is genius. I have added my big thermos king to join my collection of cool boxes 

5 hours ago, Magic89 said:

Does the coop sell cases of red bull ?

I certainly don't recall seeing it. 

lemonade, coke, Fanta, juices, anything else is a bonus. 

They sell a decent selection of other stuff - sandwiches, snacks, ice, etc

On 6/18/2024 at 9:41 AM, LowerMead said:

I do question why they do it a little. For a festival that pushes its green credentials heavily, having a load of freezers running constantly does seem a teeny bit hypocritical.   

Won't be anything compared to the amount of cold rooms / freezers the food stalls and trader wholesale uses... But it's all run on cleaner energy anyway. 

1 hour ago, jackplaysguitar said:

Hi, does anybody recall whether the co-op sells large juice/pop, or is it just cans?

they sell the 1L orange juice etc cartons if thats what you mean. A lifesaver for me two years ago when i was far too hungover to function.