Coach Tickets 2024

Danny T

43 minutes ago, Fearless_Fish said:

The whole time!

Hmmm. I think you might struggle to find anything cheap close by.  The Q park at Sovereign Square is the cheapest close by and that's £150. 

Couple of options a bit further away if you look on Just Park that are cheaper but they'd be a 10 to 15 min walk.  If you want to drop me a DM happy to offer any advice but maybe better getting the train to Leeds as Sovereign Street not too far from station 

10 minutes ago, dondo said:

Hmmm. I think you might struggle to find anything cheap close by.  The Q park at Sovereign Square is the cheapest close by and that's £150. 

Couple of options a bit further away if you look on Just Park that are cheaper but they'd be a 10 to 15 min walk.  If you want to drop me a DM happy to offer any advice but maybe better getting the train to Leeds as Sovereign Street not too far from station 

Cheers for that. Train's not an option due to having a toddler to drop off before driving down to Leeds. I guess we'll just have to grin and bear a 15-20 minute trek. Hopefully we'll still end up walking less far in total with our bags than we did last year when we got put in a car park at Glastonbury that's not even on the map!

6 hours ago, cheesey_toastie said:

One warning - which our friend didn't heed go light on any pre-festival refreshments until you're sure:
1) There is a toilet on the coach
2) It works. 

He danced down the aisle for a good 40 minutes. 

Appreciate this, thank you for replyng!

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone who's used coaches before, are they strict with showing ID? Never had coach tickets in all my time going, don't fancy taking my passport, as I'm going away the Friday after the festival!

Edited by Drfoxxx

2 minutes ago, Drfoxxx said:

Anyone who's used coaches before, are they strict with showing ID? Never had coach tickets in all my time going, don't fancy taking my passport, as I'm going away the Friday after the festival!

You probably won’t be asked for ID. But I would take a picture of my passport on my phone to be safe 

4 minutes ago, Drfoxxx said:

Depends on the driver. Had a great one last year - to make sure everything was on time he gave me all the tickets to hand out as people got on so he could keep up with loading luggage.

The legend even tipped me 5 quid when we got to the site! 😄

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Drfoxxx said:

Ive never had my ID checked so far and this will be my 4th or 5th time on the coach

What about getting a ticket before boarding the coach. My partner wants to arrive Friday due to health reasons but our coach is 645am Wednesday. Think worst scenario she gets ticket at Glasto and goes back home and returns Friday but obviously would prefer to avoid that. 

17 minutes ago, mpdow2 said:

What about getting a ticket before boarding the coach. My partner wants to arrive Friday due to health reasons but our coach is 645am Wednesday. Think worst scenario she gets ticket at Glasto and goes back home and returns Friday but obviously would prefer to avoid that. 

They are not allowed to do this. I would suggest this is unlikely to happen. Sometimes they don't hand them out until you're half way there. 

There are suggestions here that if that your ticket ends up at the box office if you don't get on the coach. I've never done it - I guess the festival could refuse entry. That would still mean your partner has to queue and go through extra checks to get the ticket. 

Done coach three times, different every time,

First time, tickets on coach half way, no ID needed

Second, same but debit card as ID

Third, debit card ID, tickets before we got on the coach,

Tickets in hand two friends went off to travel in their car, driver does head count on bus and it's only short by one person, someone with a normal ticket got on to travel with their friend 

Done coach 3 times.  Never been ID'd.  Twice my wife asked the driver if he wanted her to distribute tickets whilst he was driving and he was delighted to offload the task.  Daughter once was able to persuade a driver to give her ticket before departure.   probably OK if bus is on time, driver in a good mood and you are the only one asking... 

• 2 weeks later...

Getting jealous of all these reports of people arriving when some of us poor sods have got to wait almost 24 hours until even getting on a coach! 

If anyone's interested in a return journey swap let me know - my boyfriend and I have been allocated a 3pm return to Birmingham on Monday but would love to get home earlier if anyone wants a lie-in or has sorted an alternative route back. We actually live in Liverpool, so anywhere North West would be amazing!

See you all in the field soon(-ish)!