Coach Tickets 2024

Danny T

2 minutes ago, Glasto96 said:

Not sure if this is right topic to ask but.

A friend of mine is selling his ticket to someone else, its a Wednesday coach ticket but the person who wants to buy the ticket can’t go until Thursday. Are coach tickets which aren’t collected on allocated coach time handed back in to the box office on site or must you get on the coach time given to get access to the festival? Thank you 🙏🏼 

A double whammy of selling the ticket and that person arriving a day late...I'd say the odds are stacked heavily against them getting in.

2 minutes ago, Glasto96 said:

A friend of mine is selling his ticket to someone else, its a Wednesday coach ticket but the person who wants to buy the ticket can’t go until Thursday. Are coach tickets which aren’t collected on allocated coach time handed back in to the box office on site or must you get on the coach time given to get access to the festival? Thank you 🙏🏼 

They usually give them into the box office, I’ve never done it and someone will be able to offer a first hand account but this seems very risky!

They scrutinise you a lot more at the box office by the sound of it, and will check ID etc. so unless they look identical, he stands more of a chance of not being let in.

Just now, Joshuwarr said:

A double whammy of selling the ticket and that person arriving a day late...I'd say the odds are stacked heavily against them getting in.

absolutely this ... The ID needed will be examined if the ticket does get  to the box office and then they will also have the photo checked on entry to the festival , that said the driver on our last 2 checked the ID on the coach matched before handing over the tickets if they did make the correct bus 

6 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

absolutely this ... The ID needed will be examined if the ticket does get  to the box office and then they will also have the photo checked on entry to the festival , that said the driver on our last 2 checked the ID on the coach matched before handing over the tickets if they did make the correct bus 

I have gone in on someone elses ticket before with their ID and we didn’t look very similar. Maybe I got lucky with the person checking!

Also, where actually is the box office on site? Is it anywhere near the actual coach drop off point?

7 minutes ago, Glasto96 said:

That's incredibly risky. As well as two "normal" risks that people can often get away with, that's introducing a third far more significant risk.

Yes, while the festival have never officially confirmed it, in previous years unclaimed coach tickets have been handed to the box office and made available for collection.

Yes, it's not unknown for people to get in on someone elses ticket on the gate - it's not guaranteed to work by any stretch but it does happen.

But for that "someone else" to try and collect the ticket from the box office - where they'll insist on checking ID before handing over the ticket - is frankly crazy and stands very little chance of working.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Glasto96 said:

I have gone in on someone elses ticket before with their ID and we didn’t look very similar. Maybe I got lucky with the person checking!

Also, where actually is the box office on site? Is it anywhere near the actual coach drop off point?

its at gate A 

Resale Tickets email now received.

Swindon - Dep 13.00 on Weds, Ret 05.00 Monday.  Cancelled the premier inn we had booked in Swindon as won't need that now and spent the money on a 12.30 train back.  Not messing about with a 5am bus!

Sort of backs up the theory resale tickets get later buses as have seen someone else with a 6am departure (but 4am return).

Happy enough - would have been good to get there sooner on Weds but we are going and will squeeze our tent in somewhere!

2 hours ago, ramblingmad said:

Also interested in this but bearing in mind that, O2 is on the wrong side of London, coach drivers need 30 mins break and traffic getting into Glastonbury reckon it will take 5-6 hours.

You think it will take that long? We plan to camp South West (Dairy Ground, Paines, Baileys etc.) so I'm hoping there will still be spots to fit 3/4 tents come Wednesday evening

1 hour ago, Crazyfool01 said:

If as many people as possible can list times and departure points it should help create a decent more up to date reference for next year . Thanks 

3pm departure on the weds from Reading. 8am return!

12.00 Thurs departure from Leeds. No return time given(!).  Tickets booked in the resale.

Latest I’ll have ever arrived at the festival so not ideal - bit concerned about finding a camping spot - but very glad to have a ticket having missed out last year!

Thursday resale ticket here. 06:30 coach from Plymouth. Should be through the gates by 9 at the latest hopefully.

Flying solo this year so not too concerned about finding a camping spot. Happy to pitch up on the outskirts which should be relatively straightforward with one tent.

No return time on my email though so will have to dig into that.

5 minutes ago, GolfPesto said:

You think it will take that long? We plan to camp South West (Dairy Ground, Paines, Baileys etc.) so I'm hoping there will still be spots to fit 3/4 tents come Wednesday evening

No it won’t I’ve done the 5am and 7am before and it’s about 4 or 4 and a half hours max  and you are v unlucky if the driver needs to stop 

2 minutes ago, Barneym said:

No it won’t I’ve done the 5am and 7am before and it’s about 4 or 4 and a half hours max  and you are v unlucky if the driver needs to stop 

Nice! We are dep 13:00 on Wednesday, later than we would have liked, but praying we don't arrive too late so we can get a spot and enjoy the Wednesday eve

2:45pm Thursday out of Brum.

12 mates all on the 5:45am that morning.

Had emailed requesting the 6,6 and 1 (me) were all together and had said they are I’ll try their best to group together. Seems they got it half done 

1 hour ago, Glasto96 said:

2 years ago we had a nephew coming with us who was sitting his GCSEs on Glastonbury week and couldn’t make the Wednesday coach.

We spoke to See tickets and they agreed to change the coach ticket to a general admission ticket and we met him at the gates on the Friday.

The ticket was posted out a week before.

Ask your mate to come up with an idea on why he can’t make the Wednesday coach and ask to change to GA. Family emergency or something like?

I’m not sure if they asked for proof of his exam dates so be careful if it’s something your mate would consider.

10 minutes ago, TGCarr said:

Wont be getting to the site till about 17:30/18:00.

i wouldnt have a clue about where to camp as it’ll be chocka. This has sent my anxiety sky high 🤣🤣🤣

Bear in mind there must be something like 10,000 people coming after you on Thursday coaches and they all find somewhere to camp. You're not going to be in Pennards or probably anywhere on the East but you'll be fine if you look in the outer fields on the West.

Edited by Druid

1 hour ago, Glasto96 said:

What others have said, they will 100% scrutinise at the box office. I’ve picked tickets up from there before and they are quite thorough, they questioned a lot even though it was my tickets and my ID. They also do check on the coach when they hand them out (or have in previous years I’ve got the coach).