Glastonbury 2024 headliner, subs & Sunday legend hurt/heal

FloopFiller

36 minutes ago, Superscally said:

You mean the critically acclaimed, massively influential and fantastic live act? The one that people are voting up?

Surely it doesn’t take into account the kills ? They could have been killed by any number of points 

2 minutes ago, Superscally said:

If someone kills someone on 7 with 10 points, then that will leave 3 unaccounted points that will skew the divisible by ten rule...is my interpretation

They kill them with 7 points and use the remainder elsewhere 

1 minute ago, Crazyfool01 said:

They kill them with 7 points and use the remainder elsewhere 

...but if they haven't? As far as I see it, @Spindlesis right, if people have used their ten points appropriately each time and assuming no mistakes in maths, then the total of all remaining scores has to be divisible by ten... 

Just now, Superscally said:

...but if they haven't? As far as I see it, @Spindlesis right, if people have used their ten points appropriately each time and assuming no mistakes in maths, then the total of all remaining scores has to be divisible by ten... 

ah fair enough ... ive just nominated you to do a recount 🙂 

55 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

ah fair enough ... ive just nominated you to do a recount 🙂 

I think that @Spindles has spotted a flaw in the system that might well have been going on for years. @Superscally could you check all previous winners as well? HurtHealGate might have had an unfair effect on the careers of several artists.

On 6/2/2024 at 12:14 AM, DareToDibble said:

Dua Lipa 110 

LCD Soundsystem 155 

Little Simz 150

IDLES 60

The National 145 

The Streets 140

Jungle 90

Justice 315

Heilung 150

Nia Archives 150 

Sampha 110

Sleaford Mods 20 (-10)

Romy 115 

Fontaines D.C. 210

Orbital 270

On 6/2/2024 at 12:42 AM, Isaaclk said:

Dua Lipa 110 

LCD Soundsystem 160 (+5)

Little Simz 150

IDLES 60

The National 145 

The Streets 140 (-5)

Jungle 90

Justice 315

Heilung 150

Nia Archives 150

Sampha 110

Sleaford Mods 20

Romy 115 

Fontaines D.C. 210

Orbital 270

This may be where it went wrong

2 posts one after the other, 2nd one reduces The Streets by 5 but does not actually reduce them by 5 meaning the total of all scores left is no longer divisible by 10 and it never recovered from there as far as I can see.

4 hours ago, hihevs said:

Dua Lipa 160 

The National 130

Justice 215

Fontaines D.C. 206

Orbital 4 (-10)

6 minutes ago, Spindles said:

I admire the detective work.  It's the rogue 2 points that really makes my eye twitch.

The rogue 2 points were cos of how acts were scored and then killed so when Orbital on 4 were killed it left an odd number elsewhere and the same had happened before but this was of course not helped by Orbital being killed using all 10 points when they only had 4 as happened on the page before this one.

2 minutes ago, Spindles said:

I can sleep tonight.  Thank you.

but in short the entire game is wrong and so needs to be restarted from the beginning and to be entirely fair should include headliners and subs from every single stage to have full inclusivity, something that Glastonbury would like.

34 minutes ago, devonhammer said:

I think that @Spindles has spotted a flaw in the system that might well have been going on for years. @Superscally could you check all previous winners as well? HurtHealGate might have had an unfair effect on the careers of several artists.

Just have. It looks like Nick Cave should have won every year, including this.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Superscally said:

it’s to do with the fact you can add and take away points. Eg. If you had 2 acts both on 50, +1 to one and -9 to the other you end up on 41 and 51, not divisible by 10 anymore. Maybe there were mistakes too though!

50 minutes ago, Hotfry said:

Skindred were added mid game and then taken away on 105 points. So that hasn’t helped. 

This competition is a farce. 

Completely ruined the festival for me. Who wants my ticket? 

If we all stay at home for the last week of June, we could create a comprehensive rulebook and save the festival in 2025.

10 minutes ago, Tiger Woods said:

it’s to do with the fact you can add and take away points. Eg. If you had 2 acts both on 50, +1 to one and -9 to the other you end up on 41 and 51, not divisible by 10 anymore. Maybe there were mistakes too though!

If we start listening to logic like this, we'd have voted to remain and wouldn't be basking in Brexit glory.

8 minutes ago, donthaveacoolname said:

Will find out soon that the forum has been infiltrated by black market bookies, looking to rig the results 

There's some speculation that Chris Martin betting heavily on Coldplay getting killed off early is the reason for the quality of the last 28 Coldplay albums.

Just a rumour of course (don't sue me)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Tiger Woods said:

Ha! This is definitely it! Top of the class!