The Very Official eFestivals Meet-Up 🎪

eFestivals

On 6/19/2024 at 1:29 PM, Crazyfool01 said:

1 week out … anyone thinking of lurking and not sure wether to join in ? 

Not sure if I'll be there by 6, but if I am I'll come and say hello

Just now, Cm36 said:

Not sure if I'll be there by 6, but if I am I'll come and say hello

will go on a few hours think im usually still there 9.30 -10 and then wander off to see fireworks ... theres usually still people around then so not sure quite how late it goes on 

25 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

will go on a few hours think im usually still there 9.30 -10 and then wander off to see fireworks ... theres usually still people around then so not sure quite how late it goes on 

I'll see what happens then!

7 minutes ago, Dreamingofsunnydays said:

I lurked last year at the meet and ended up getting in on the group photo. I’m tempted this year…but you know….. social anxiety 

thats a great first step .... I can easily say to you its not that bad and everyone is incredibly friendly nd nice but that wont help with any social anxiety ... feel free to come say hello to me and let me know anyone youd like to meet though , once youve done that bit im absolutely sure the anxiety will ease ... we are all there to make new friends with possibly a drink in hand , no forum cliques or anything like that , everyone absolutely welcome 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

thats a great first step .... I can easily say to you its not that bad and everyone is incredibly friendly nd nice but that wont help with any social anxiety ... feel free to come say hello to me and let me know anyone youd like to meet though , once youve done that bit im absolutely sure the anxiety will ease ... we are all there to make new friends with possibly a drink in hand , no forum cliques or anything like that , everyone absolutely welcome 

Thanks mate appreciate that ❤️

22 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Anyone joining us that’s not yet responded ? Don’t be shy 

I’m a maybe.. I’m rubbish at sticking to plans and randomly shy, been a member here for so long and have never found the courage to come say hello but maybe this is the year I do 🙂 

10 minutes ago, Pipine said:

I’m a maybe.. I’m rubbish at sticking to plans and randomly shy, been a member here for so long and have never found the courage to come say hello but maybe this is the year I do 🙂 

Hopefully time to break that pattern … as there isn’t one . 

31 minutes ago, Pipine said:

Don't be a maybe - you should definitely come along - it was my first Glasto 2 years ago and I decided to go to the meet and it was the best decision.  Met so many top people and still keep in touch with many of them.  Really looking forward to it again this year.

Don't overthink it - just turn up 😊

21 hours ago, Dreamingofsunnydays said:

I lurked last year at the meet and ended up getting in on the group photo. I’m tempted this year…but you know….. social anxiety 

As @Crazyfool01 says everyone is welcome - no cliques etc.  Just come along and you will find everyone really friendly - it is a great way to start the festival.

Maybe all of us introverts should meet up in advance and then all head to the meet together as a united front haha.

I'm planning to come along as I owe some people beers for bagging me tickets. I'll probably do a few flybys first to get the lay of the land and then jump in (or bottle it and walk off into the sunset).

Hi folks.. I'm solo all day on Wednesday, so if you're a welcoming bunch, I'd like to come along and hang out for some pints and a blether with the best forum fiends in town. I don't know any of yous, but I'll do my best not to be a shy guy.

Ridge and Furrow at 1800hrs, yeah?

If you are shy it's always possible to go along and have a peep from a safe distance.  I know, as it's what I did last year, although I was lucky enough to meet a couple of kind souls.

So I waited well over two decades to say hello, but should have just done it before 😊

If you're at the meet - we're running a comp! Details below and in the OP

We'll be giving away free eFestivals t-shirts at the meet. Grab one, take a pic or reel of someone wearing it, and tag eFestivals (X: @eFestivals, Insta: @efestivals_official, TikTok: @efestivals).

The poster with the biggest social engagement (likes + views + reposts) will win £100 transferred directly to their bank account. If you convince Shania, Chris Martin, or Dua to wear one on the pyramid, you may get a bonus 😉 Please don't go too wild though and don't get into trouble wearing an eFests t-shirt. We trust you're all a great bunch anyway 😎

The competition will close to new entries on Friday the 5th of July, and the winner will be selected, announced, and contacted via social channels on Monday the 8th of July 2024.

Have fun at the festival!

• Like 2

Hi All, Hoping to arrive early Weds evening and would love to join you.

It will be my first time travelling solo as my wife is poorly and, although she is recovering, she's not feeling confident that she has the energy to get through the whole festival. I am a bit anxious about being on my own - I love Glasto and have been many times but none of my mates got tickets this year - so I genuinely will be alone without my soulmate. It would be good to meet some people here, I've been lurking on Efests for many (15?) years but never been to the meet!

I know you're a friendly bunch but I'm quite shy...

David

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, scrippit said:

Hi All, Hoping to arrive early Weds evening and would love to join you.

It will be my first time travelling solo as my wife is poorly and, although she is recovering, she's not feeling confident that she has the energy to get through the whole festival. I am a bit anxious about being on my own - I love Glasto and have been many times but none of my mates got tickets this year - so I genuinely will be alone without my soulmate. It would be good to meet some people here, I've been lurking on Efests for many (15?) years but never been to the meet!

I know you're a friendly bunch but I'm quite shy...

David

Come say hello I’ll see you are ok .. and introduce some people to get you started .. that’s if I remember names 

• Like 1

Have a fantastic fest all who are going.  To anyone still in two minds about the meet I bottled it in 2016, walked past it three times before plucking up the courage and talking to a few people in 2017. The Thursday of 2017 was spent getting shitfaced with @stuartbert two hats @H.M.V @Seldom Seen Kid and @fatyeti24 at @Sawdusty surfer's big table.  By 2019 I was carrying @Beerqueen on my shoulders for a photo op, got lashed in 2022 and finished up 2023 dancing at the bottom of the ribbon tower to a portable speaker with @stuartbert two hats, @Crazyfool01, @circus92 and others I've got too bad a memory to remember. 

It really can be a lot of fun, and you can make some proper good friends 🙂

Edited by Quark
  • Like 4

On 6/23/2024 at 7:42 PM, Pear_Cider said:

I'm setting off first thing in the morning...see you all on Wednesday!! 😄

Safe travels everyone

Trev

Have a good one pal, see you in 2025!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Quark said:

Have a fantastic fest all who are going.  To anyone still in two minds about the meet I bottled it in 2016, walked past it three times before plucking up the courage and talking to a few people in 2017. The Thursday of 2017 was spent getting shitfaced with @stuartbert two hats @H.M.V @Seldom Seen Kid and @fatyeti24 at @Sawdusty surfer's big table.  By 2019 I was carrying @Beerqueen on my shoulders for a photo op, got lashed in 2022 and finished up 2023 dancing at the bottom of the ribbon tower to a portable speaker with @stuartbert two hats, @Crazyfool01, @circus92 and others I've got too bad a memory to remember. 

It really can be a lot of fun, and you can make some proper good friends 🙂

Aww I'll miss repeating that.  I don't think I've made it to one since, but will try this year.