Bob Vylan

Pr0paneNightm4re

Bob Vylan has pulled out of Slamdunk and there’s lots of rumours going about them supposedly running over their set time, refusing to come off stage and then subsequently having a scrap backstage (people seem to be saying this involved Pale Waves too?!). Be very disappointing if this is as bad as it seems. Does anyone have any info?

IMG_6753.jpeg

Oh, in contrast to their music,which is great, they seem quite a chilled out couple of blokes. Wonder what's going on. Hope they don't pull out of their Glasto gigs because I haven't seen them yet.

Edited by Cooter

Can’t possibly comment as I wasn’t there but I’ve met them a couple of times (not a super fan just tend to meet musicians) and they’ve seemed really friendly. It seems that lots of people on social media (who already disliked the band) have come out of the woodwork to attack them without evidence. Seen someone claiming that they attacked Pale Wave’s production crew with a baseball bat while on drugs which seems unlikely (especially given that BV are straight edge). Hopefully it gets addressed so we can find out what actually happened. 

Yea some FB comments seem to generally say they were a few minutes late off stage and singer Bob said he ain't leaving and they'll have to come and drag him off the stage, or similar words. All while he wandered around the stage with his trademark prop cricket bat! lol

Maybe a few non-fans thought this looked quite threatening when it's actually not at all.

Fuk knows what the tear up with Pale Waves is all about though, sounds like great entertainment!

1 hour ago, Cooter said:

Yea some FB comments seem to generally say they were a few minutes late off stage and singer Bob said he ain't leaving and they'll have to come and drag him off the stage, or similar words. All while he wandered around the stage with his trademark prop cricket bat! lol

Maybe a few non-fans thought this looked quite threatening when it's actually not at all.

Fuk knows what the tear up with Pale Waves is all about though, sounds like great entertainment!

Looks like Pale Waves were due on after the next act so can see how an argument would develop with such short changeovers.

16 hours ago, Pr0paneNightm4re said:

Bob Vylan has pulled out of Slamdunk and there’s lots of rumours going about them supposedly running over their set time, refusing to come off stage and then subsequently having a scrap backstage (people seem to be saying this involved Pale Waves too?!). Be very disappointing if this is as bad as it seems. Does anyone have any info?

IMG_6753.jpeg

I was told yesterday they got cancelled from Leeds due to fighting

• 1 month later...

Lovely sunny day in the garden, chilling with the bobs blasting.  

From reading comments here I'm not alone with their leftfield gig being a highlight this and must have been rubbing shoulders with a fair few here.  It'll be criminal if they aren't on Other next year.

Yeah, I enjoyed them on LF and they came across as nice fellas. You can never know for sure, but sometimes I think these kind of rumours might be racially motivated. You see it quite a lot, with footballers too. Racists want to put people of colour across as thugs and drug addicts, and naive, primed members of the public seem to believe it more readily.

Missed leftfield set but caught them in shangri la / peace stage on Sunday night late on. Very enjoyable and credit for a particularly ambitious bit of crowd diving at the end. Climbed up above where the sound desk was opposite the stage and went in from a quite a height with reasonable air-time  ha 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, internetjef said:

Missed leftfield set but caught them in shangri la / peace stage on Sunday night late on. 

Would have loved to have seen that, but with the ridiculous “crowd management” nonsense in place, getting from Block 9/The Common would have taken about 3 days 

35 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Would have loved to have seen that, but with the ridiculous “crowd management” nonsense in place, getting from Block 9/The Common would have taken about 3 days 

yeah I went off like a rocket after Justice and raced over to shangri la as I hadn’t made it on the earlier nights. Even then it was looking a bit dicey on that bit where you step up onto the railway track and everyone is like a zombie hoard, before they let a chunk of the crowd enter . Wouldn’t have fancied that crowd management job .

hadnt even gone to see anything in particular , just for a bit of last night raving, was a welcome bonus when realised the Bobs were playing  nearby 

Yea, was a highlight for me when I saw them in the LF tent. I knew I wouldn't make their late peace stage slot so this was a must for me. I was the twat at the front holding the royal mail bag/plastic water rifle on a pole at the front, (put the money in the bag etc!) Love their stuff but first time I've managed to see them. My daughter was in the pit pushing middle aged men about! Was an absolute massive good laugh 😃 

Added bonus was The Farm in LF just before BV. Their last tune was a marathon "All Together Now" singalong, was actually quite beautiful to witness and brought a Glasto moment tear to the eye.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skip997 said:

Yeah, I was considering it after the National, but it was 2 hours later and I didn't fancy filling that time in the SEC so had a quiet one like a sensible chap and parked my arse up the tree stage for a smoke and a chill to see the weekend off.

Yes they were incredible and seem to be lovely, friendly guys. Also made an appearance with Soft Play and it was interesting to read that it was actually a conversation with Bob Vylan that led to them changing their name. 

IMG_6976.jpeg

FWIW I saw Bob Vylan headline at The Rising Festival a fortnight ago, and despite being about 15 minutes late on due to sound issues they honoured the stage curfew and finished on time, telling the audience they had to stop to protect the festival licence. This latest story goes against the grain of what I saw from them. 

They were also excellent; raw, energetic, and entertaining. 

• 1 month later...