Bearded Theory 2025

11 hours ago, northernangel said:

Mary Wallopers, Dexys and MSP have all been recent park stage bookings. MSP may not have actually happened due to covid years bit there is definitely a pattern.

Last year alone there were 233 acts that played BT - I looked and 8 played Woodies or Other in 2024 GF so finding 3 on the Park does not really back up your point.

I have done BT and GF for years and Woodies and Other are where most duplicates play, the Park only now and again.

Bearded is 10k capacity and YNot is 40k so not a comparable experience for me. I prefer the smaller capacity festivals. I think the festival experience is also different than attending a string of gigs, regardless of how many.

I like the lineup.

At first glance looking forward to seeing:

Iggy Pop

Yard Act

Leftfield

Nova twins

The Selector 

Asian Dub Foundation 

Stewart Lee

Zion Train

Bentley Rhythm Ace

Audioweb

Not a big fan but Manics will be a good band to see live I should think.

A few bands I haven't heard before but checked out the Spotify playlist and liked the sound of:

Molotov Jukebox 

Getdown Services

CLT DRP

Popes of Chilltown

Dakka Skanks

So lots for me and I haven't really got started on Spotify.

Lots of BT vs Ynot on here.

Been BT 3 times if memory serves me right. Always a laid back festival vibe going one. Kind of place people take kids but it’s not overrun with them. I use to think the days were slightly genre based ,ie Friday rock / indie , Saturday folky, Sunday more reggae R&B, don’t know if anyone else thought that. Not been for 3 or 4 years now but seriously considering after that line up drop. Agree that the undercard / smaller stages aren’t as strong as maybe other festivals, but there is plenty to discover if you can be bothered doing your homework. 
Went YNOT 4 years running. First one probably 2017 or there abouts (madness headlined) , great weather , great bands. Went downhill from there the following years. Seemed to loose its soul. Became overrun with teenagers. Bands aimed at them. Place became a dump at times.

Maybe obvious to say but the lineup attracts the demographic.

I’ve done Kendal last 3 years, somewhat of a happy medium between the two, but for me their headliners aren’t for me , seem to appease the 90s indie man. BT has a good diversity and seriously thinking of giving it another go this year. That said got greenman tickets so got to get funds for that first.

As others have said can’t do them all due to £££. 
would definitely say BT is a good one for couples and or families.

just as side note, seen people say how many bands they see at a festival. I plan ahead but in reality what does everyone really watch? I reckon on average I get about 5 full sets a day. I’ve just looked back on clashfinder as I mark off who I seen, on a good day there 6 or 7 , on a bad day , ahem.. 1 or 2 , and I wonder what the hell was I doing all day🍺🍺🍺🍺

Edited by Solidgold

8 hours ago, Solidgold said:

just as side note, seen people say how many bands they see at a festival. I plan ahead but in reality what does everyone really watch? I reckon on average I get about 5 full sets a day. I’ve just looked back on clashfinder as I mark off who I seen, on a good day there 6 or 7 , on a bad day , ahem.. 1 or 2 , and I wonder what the hell was I doing all day🍺🍺🍺🍺

Last year I saw - 

Sprints 

Soft Play 

Tarantism 

Brewers Daughter 

Peat & Diesel 

Panic Shack 

Bob Vylan 

Bez 

Bar Stool Preachers 

Mighty Flux 

Flap Sandwich 

Beans On Toast 

Jess Silk 

Pet Needs 

Goat Girl 

Dogshite

Kitty Liv 

Slamboree Woodland 

Sleaford Mods 

Bentley Rhythm Ace 

Jim Bob 

808 State 

Janes Addiction 

Orbital 

Chris Liberator 

Bodega 

English Teacher 

Jolly Grogsters 

Cherry & Persh

Dry Cleaning 

The Orb 

Steve Davis 

Amyl & The Sniffers 

System 7 

Mostly full sets, some just a handful of songs and moved on.

Firmly in the 'festivals are great value for money' camp. In reality, even if only see 5 or 6 full sets a day (plus a handful of bands you see partial sets by by accident) over a 4 day festival £300 that's only £75 and you'll pay that for a decent sized headliners own gig nowadays. For me it's the ability to go and see loads of stuff that in 'real life' you wouldn't have the time or money to go and check out. I remember at Truck years ago, watched about 3 songs of the Horrors headline set, decided they weren't for me, was debating going back to tent and instead went to see Dan Le Sac v Scroobius Pip in the dance tent and they ended up being the highlight of the weekend.

Feativals are great for punters finding new bands and great for bands finding new fans. Win Win.

Edited by Flaminglippy

1 hour ago, Flaminglippy said:

that's only £75 and you'll pay that for a decent sized headliners own gig nowadays.

Fine but the average band on the lineup isn't quite charging that price in the Midlands. Maybe in London, but last year I've seen some bands on the lineup before and after Bearded for £10-20 at Castle & Falcon and Hare & Hounds. To be fair I don't care that much about the £s.

1 hour ago, emmanuel said:

Fine but the average band on the lineup isn't quite charging that price in the Midlands. Maybe in London, but last year I've seen some bands on the lineup before and after Bearded for £10-20 at Castle & Falcon and Hare & Hounds. To be fair I don't care that much about the £s.

Fair point. I am from Brum and agree £70 is probably a bit 'top end'...that said Pixies (who I am still convinced will be announced as Sunday headliner) tickets are £60 for The Academy, so are Flaming Lips who headlined Bearded a few years back. Although Academy is such a crap venue it puts me off going to any gigs there anymore. 

Edited by Flaminglippy

2 hours ago, emmanuel said:

1 hour ago, Flaminglippy said:

Fair point. I am from Brum and agree £70 is probably a bit 'top end'...that said Pixies (who I am still convinced will be announced as Sunday headliner) tickets are £60 for The Academy, so are Flaming Lips who headlined Bearded a few years back. Although Academy is such a crap venue it puts me off going to any gigs there anymore. 

We are in Wales and £70 is cheap for someone like Iggy Pop.

Culture Club are that much for the cheapest seats.