Bearded Theory 2025

8 minutes ago, Paul ™ said:

Cant please everyone, on the whole this announcement has went down very well across SM

I know. I love the festival and it's a great meet up point for my festival family from around the country, but that line up is not for me. It could change as we know but I thought last year's line up was the worst i'd seen at BT, I definitely think they've lost a lot of the diversity that I encountered when I first went. 

Now that's a cracker of a first announcement and getting Iggy is a great pull! Think we're missing a Pallet Headliner with SOM and Leftfield Meadow headliners and Yard Act will be sub on the Pallet. 

Mary Wallopers and CMAT have got me very excited and Trupa Trupa will be a lot of fun, hopefully they're on Woodland.

52 minutes ago, riverwise said:

Nice. My guess is Iggy and the Manics will be main stage headliners, with Sisters and Leftfield headlining the tent? Not sure if Yard Act are quite big enough to headline either stage, so I reckon there’s at least one big(gish) name to come pleasebehawkwind pleasebehawkwind pleasebehawkwind

We thought there'd need to be "someone bigger" added this year.

It didn't happen. Reckon that's it for the Pallet / Meadow headliners.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Flaminglippy said:

There is loads more to be announced along the same lines.

It's a brilliant festival...amazing crowd and atmosphere and relatively small site. Although there are lots of bars and food stalls you can also take your own food and drink in the arena. 

It sounds good, I will certainly be considering it.

Excellent starter for 10. Looking forward to ADF, Left field, Neds ,Iggy, Throwing Muses, Nova Twins... Just trying to work out Stewart Lee being on the line up. Being voted the 41st greatest standup of all time will mean he's too big big for the Knockerdown so surely be on the Pallet or Meadows as a break from music acts?? Or is there another Stewart Lee I don't know about??!

For what it's worth, my take on it is there is another Pallet headliner tbc. On the video that with the announcement Iggy Pop and Manics were on the 1st page, SoM and Yard Act on the 2nd page, so thinking they are either subbing or headlining The Meadow. If SoM were the third headliner I would have thought they would have been on 1st page. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, bertieb73 said:

Excellent starter for 10. Looking forward to ADF, Left field, Neds ,Iggy, Throwing Muses, Nova Twins... Just trying to work out Stewart Lee being on the line up. Being voted the 41st greatest standup of all time will mean he's too big big for the Knockerdown so surely be on the Pallet or Meadows as a break from music acts?? Or is there another Stewart Lee I don't know about??!

Yeah that's an odd one. I assumed Meadow but then might struggle to hear him just talking with all the noise from other stages etc. 

2 minutes ago, Flaminglippy said:

Yeah that's an odd one. I assumed Meadow but then might struggle to hear him just talking with all the noise from other stages etc. 

Possibly Woodland on Thursday cf. Clinton Baptiste? I am not sure that quite worked though and the sound was all over the place. Plus he doesn't have a star so not Thursday?

39 minutes ago, Stillill42 said:

Oh nice start lads. Throwing Muses, bejaysus. Great stuff altogether. 

Yes, was very excited to see Throwing Muses on the list.

Really strong first announcement for me. I guess Manics are a band it's not hard to get to see but they still put on a strong crowdpleasing set.

3 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Possibly Woodland on Thursday cf. Clinton Baptiste? I am not sure that quite worked though and the sound was all over the place. Plus he doesn't have a star so not Thursday?

Are they stars?? I thought that at first and thought the same thing...then noticed they seem to be dotted around randomly at the top of the poster as well. 

6 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Didn't help that Clinton Baptiste is shite after the novelty wears off 30 seconds in

15 minutes ago, philipsteak said:

Don't know how but I've somehow never seen the Manics. How are they these days?

Excellent at Glastonbury a couple of festivals back. This will be the first time I've seen them in the dark for ages. Probably 1996 the last time I went to an actual gig by them but I've seen them 3 times since.

1 minute ago, Gnomicide said:

Excellent at Glastonbury a couple of festivals back. This will be the first time I've seen them in the dark for ages. Probably 1996 the last time I went to an actual gig by them but I've seen them 3 times since.

Saw them a few years back at BDs and they were a machine, really good. They opened with Motorcycle Emptiness and closed with Design For Life which left me grinning 

23 minutes ago, philipsteak said:

Don't know how but I've somehow never seen the Manics. How are they these days?

I saw them last summer and whilst James' voice is really being put through the wringer these days, they still put on a really crowd-pleasing set. I'd not seen them since about '98 and it was a great hit of nostalgia.