Wrong address on registration

Scrump

So.... Someone in our group has had the ticket dispatch email. Queue celebration and wisely a check of their details...

Only to realise that their delivery address is wildly out of date. They no longer live there nor do they know who lives there. I'll spare us all the why's and wherefores of how this could happen!

Just wonder if anyone knows who best to speak to seeing as the tickets been dispatched already. I assume See will say it's royal mail issue and visa versa.

Check your addresses people!

8 minutes ago, Scrump said:

So.... Someone in our group has had the ticket dispatch email. Queue celebration and wisely a check of their details...

Only to realise that their delivery address is wildly out of date. They no longer live there nor do they know who lives there. I'll spare us all the why's and wherefores of how this could happen!

Just wonder if anyone knows who best to speak to seeing as the tickets been dispatched already. I assume See will say it's royal mail issue and visa versa.

Check your addresses people!

Knock on the door of the house and ask if the person could forward it on or call them when it arrives?

Just now, Scrump said:

Agreed, that's my first instinct. Added complication would be that he now lives abroad! I think he'll figure it out somehow but it's gonna have to be his path to travel.

Send them a letter and bribe them to forward it 

Contact the post office and ask to change delivery address surely? Not familiar with how the Royal Mail works, but with registered mail here you can request alternative delivery options (or does initial delivery have to fail before that kicks in?). Would assume that now it’s left See Tickets that the post office are the best bet. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Scrump said:

Thanks all.ail redirect sounds like a good plan. Will pass that on. 

I can get back to obsessing about the full line up release now!

Your mate will have to submit the request immediately (and it costs) plus there's no guarantee it'll be set up in time for it to be active before they try to deliver the ticket as it's so late. 

I had a redirection in place and someone sent me something recorded delivery to the old address, and it didn’t work. It’d been in place for a year at this point, so not new, but it was rejected by the person who lives there and returned to sender.

So I would definitely see if they can contact the new occupants, I don’t think I’d leave it to chance a redirection would work.

5 hours ago, Twiggy553 said:

Setup a mail redirect. You can do it via the Royal Mail App

Could be tight time wise with tickets being sent out now

its too late for anyone to change it, or to get a redirect done. You (or someone on your behalf) is best off knocking on the door and having a chat with whoever is there to keep an eye out for it so you (or someone on your behalf) can go pick it up once its there.