Opening time of Camper van fields

Alison C

Does anyone know how strict they are on what time you can get into camper van fields on Tuesday. I know it says 12.00, but my husband is having a knee operation the week before Glastonbury so I want to get as close as possible to cut down on his walking time. We have a ticket for blue quite area.

It'll depend on when they open this year and we won't know that until the time they do - but if you turn up and the access isn't open you'll just have to drive past and come back when you can. You won't be able to queue up on the road to wait.

1 minute ago, Alison C said:

We have over 4 hours drive to Glastonbury , so would have to leave before 4am to get there for 8am. Is it only on the morning that I can find out or will it be before?

yeah someone will post ... can you not get close and park up and bimble for a bit maybe half hour away 

Just now, Alison C said:

yes that's an idea , but if we have to leave at 4am will be a bit of a bummer to have to wait till 12.00 if they dont open early🤔 

very much a good chance of them opening well before that ... they usually do but obviously you cant be early and no-one can guarantee .... 

22 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

It's always around 8am. I can't see there being any chance of it being significantly different to that time.

As per above, we have got into the CV fields early on the Tuesday, don’t arrive too early as the police will force you to drive on, with the complications of trying to turn around on the small road. We got in just before 8am last year, there were around 50 CVs ahead of us. If you’re in the quiet area you get to park up as close as possible to the gate if you’re very early. Only problem we ever has was the last really wet years when vehicles were getting stuck, but at a guess we’ve been in no later than 08:30 for 5 or more years. 

Hi, jumping on the opening time here but with the car parks, sorry. Been advised they normally open up around 3pm although they say 9pm on the website. I'm heading over to stay in a hotel this year, anyone had any experience on this?

24 minutes ago, Alison C said:

Thanks Guys, think its worth the early start than to get as close as possible

Where are you travelling from

10 minutes ago, Alison C said:

Chester 

Haha just down the road from me 

You could stop here on your way and await opening time of CV fields:-

https://www.albioninnashcott.com/

https://maps.app.goo.gl/nYoLESiRqemmzJz79

It's only 30 mins from the CV entrance 

You could even stay overnight

We stopped there last year for a beer and a toilet break and seemed Ideal for anyone wanting to stay overnight.

We also changed our journey plan from previous years because of the new tolls on a small section of road in Bristol. So we stayed on the M5 and exit at junction 23 , it was much better than getting stuck in and around Bristol 👍🏼

Edited by gazzared
More information