Palestinian Flags

am00

1 minute ago, CanWeRest said:

WHAT ABOUT THE f**kING VICTIMS AND THEIR FAMILIES FROM OCTOBER??? DO YOU NOT CARE????

I think you're well aware as to the response you'll get from this strawman argument

Just now, CanWeRest said:

WHAT ABOUT THE f**kING VICTIMS AND THEIR FAMILIES FROM OCTOBER??? DO YOU NOT CARE????

and this is what they do. 

Did you read my post? I care more than you do about both sides. Do you not care for the countless dead children over the last twenty years. the oppressive apartheid ? 

Do you not care about the Palestinian victims which outweigh the october victims in dead bodies alone 1000 - 1 . probably more. both are tragedies, BOTH need condemning. you just want to condemn one and keep the other side silent.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, CanWeRest said:

Taking a break from this. People think that me being against waving the Palestine flag means I've taken a side. It's about common decency. 

Too many idiots on here.

if its about common decency then what do we do about israeli flags at glastonbury? offer a soloution for that and we have the solution for Palestinian flags.

Does Netanyahu own the Israeli flag?

No it belongs to the people of Israel just as if I flew the Union Jack I would not be supporting Sunak and his crew. 

It’s the same with Hamas they don’t own the Palestinian flag

Just now, TiZuff said:

if its about common decency then what do we do about israeli flags at glastonbury? offer a soloution for that and we have the solution for Palestinian flags.

I'm against that too. But that wasn't the question. 

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, am00 said:

Hi all! 

Haven't chatted much this year because I wasn't lucky enough to get tickets...but have been logging on more and more recently as excitement ramps up for you all- as much as I can cope with before I get unbearably jealous ! 

A friend *is* going, for the first time, and posted in a large Facebook group about bringing her Palestinian flag. She got lots and lots of responses and the majority were pretty negative and downright rude. She's put off going now to be honest. 

I was surprised and told her the closest similarity, politically I guess, I had was being there 2016 when brexit result was announced and to me it felt like a good place to me at the farm. 

Sorry for the ramble .just how do you guys think about it? I suggested the Facebook crowd are maybe not representative of what she will find when she gets there.... But I'm in Ireland so maybe the general feelings are different here. 

She should take it. If people want to take Israel flags that’s cool too. If people want to get angry about this they should give their head a wobble. 

loads of bands will have Palestinian flags on stage. Kneecap should be fun. 

Just now, tarw said:

Does Netanyahu own the Israeli flag?

No it belongs to the people of Israel just as if I flew the Union Jack I would not be supporting Sunak and his crew. 

It’s the same with Hamas they don’t own the Palestinian flag

Decency. Why fly either of those flags in the midst of this? People seem intent on escalating tensions.

• Upvote 1

No compassion or decency here. Just tribal bullies boldly stating things without really thinking about the suffering.

Edited by CanWeRest
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, CanWeRest said:

I'm against that too. But that wasn't the question. 

conveniently you didn't say that in your opening post did you? just left that discussion alone and focused on restricting visibility of Palestine.

sounds about right.

28 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

The reality is that some Jewish people feel upset, uncomfortable or threatened by some of the support for Palestine. It's fair for you or me to think that's not necessary, or ridiculous, or whatever, and as hinted at, there was a thread a few weeks that got in to that.

But that doesn't change the fact that those people feel that way, and that some of those people will be at Glastonbury. And that by carrying a flag like that, you'll be making those people uncomfortable. Is your friend happy to do that? There's no right or wrong answer to that question by the way. It's not rhetorical either. It's totally valid to say "this cause is important to me, and those people will have to deal, and if they speak to me or confront me I'll have that conversation". It's also totally valid to say "y'know what, this is Glastonbury, the cause is important but I don't want to upset anyone, I'll leave it at home and find other ways to show my solidarity".

Their right not to be upset does not override another person’s right to support the Palestinian people and show your revulsion against the genocide that’s occurring. 

if people are upset about Palestinian flags I wonder how they manage to walk down the street. Loads of them about. 

1 minute ago, TiZuff said:

conveniently you didn't say that in your opening post did you? just left that discussion alone and focused on restricting visibility of Palestine.

sounds about right.

that wasnt ever the question!!!!! not my fault if you feel daft now because of assumptions you made about me.