Train Strikes ?

mike99

28 minutes ago, mike99 said:

No train strike have been announced for June yet. They have to give 2 weeks notice. A possible announcement on Monday. Fingers crossed for those using the trains 

patience please mike! 😛 

So this is the danger week for me if there is a strike about to be announced for Saturday June 22nd and means I have to find alternative means (likely a National Express coach) to go back home from Manchester after seeing Green Day.

11 minutes ago, charlierc said:

So this is the danger week for me if there is a strike about to be announced for Saturday June 22nd and means I have to find alternative means (likely a National Express coach) to go back home from Manchester after seeing Green Day.

I’m worried about the same for the Foos on the 22nd of June 😬

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, deadponyclub said:

I’m worried about the same for the Foos on the 22nd of June 😬

And them, but for Cardiff on June 25th rather than London.

... though I was leaning towards driving there as it stands as a first attempt to try long-distance motorway driving.

8 minutes ago, charlierc said:

And them, but for Cardiff on June 25th rather than London.

... though I was leaning towards driving there as it stands as a first attempt to try long-distance motorway driving.

motorways are horrid for driving.

54 minutes ago, Dave_c said:

I hope not, my other half is planning to train it to Castle Cary on the Friday from the midlands. Assume you get a refund on train ticket should they strike?

Yep, you do ( though would obviously still be a headache)

2 minutes ago, prestonmanc said:

Yep, you do ( though would obviously still be a headache)

Yeah, she can drive as a backup but that's annoying as I'm driving down Wednesday so we'd both have cars and have to leave separately on the Monday. What's the cut off date for confirming no strikes over the fest? 2 weeks before?

14 minutes ago, Dave_c said:

Yeah, she can drive as a backup but that's annoying as I'm driving down Wednesday so we'd both have cars and have to leave separately on the Monday. What's the cut off date for confirming no strikes over the fest? 2 weeks before?

Yep 2 weeks notice has to be given, though recently they've announced them in blocks a few weeks in advance I think. Should know soon either way, we're waiting anxiously around this one too! 

17 minutes ago, Spindles said:

It was a bit of a pain in 2022, but honestly no one I spoke to were against the strikes.

I was lucky enough to sort out staying in Birmingham overnight to catch my coach rather than get the train.  Hope I would be able to do the same, if need be (but hope not)

Haven't labour said they plan to re nationalise the train services..? With it looking pretty much a done deal that we will have a labour government next month, I don't think there is any need to have further strikes. Hope not anyway, have a train booked to Leeds on 25th to get coach down to glasto the following morning.