***Someone else's tickets sent to our address***

Lushroom

3 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

That's very lucky that her old address is now occupied by fellow Glastonbury goers!

Extremely lucky. Would have been so easy (and even likely) for an old address to be unoccupied, or for the new occupant to simply bin it, or for them to put it to one side and forget about it until it's too late, and that's without even thinking about anything nefarious.

Honestly can't even comprehend how it's possible to forget to change the address on this. If I was moving, then that'd be the first thing I added to my "must notify" checklist, before Banks, family, etc.

12 minutes ago, incident said:

Extremely lucky. Would have been so easy (and even likely) for an old address to be unoccupied, or for the new occupant to simply bin it, or for them to put it to one side and forget about it until it's too late, and that's without even thinking about anything nefarious.

Honestly can't even comprehend how it's possible to forget to change the address on this. If I was moving, then that'd be the first thing I added to my "must notify" checklist, before Banks, family, etc.

Quite.

Although I did laugh when my mates ticket arrived with mine today, when he had to re-register a couple of years ago he used the same photo from when he first registered in 2010 (for the 2011 festival), so the photo on his ticket is now pushing 15 years old!

3 minutes ago, Euphoricape said:

Postie responsible may well be sacked. Im a postie and delivering a special delivery without a signature is the easiest way to lose your job. 

Late last year I had some tickets not turn up that was special delivery, eventually it got thrown through my door at about 7pm on a Friday night five days after it was due to arrive.......'staff shortages' apparently. 

Well worth the £7 fee 🙄

1 minute ago, gooner1990 said:

Late last year I had some tickets not turn up that was special delivery, eventually it got thrown through my door at about 7pm on a Friday night five days after it was due to arrive.......'staff shortages' apparently. 

Well worth the £7 fee 🙄

That's shocking.. there was someone in my office who lost their job only a few weeks ago for posting a special delivery without getting a signature, even though it was the right house. Must depend which area you are in I guess.

6 minutes ago, Euphoricape said:

That's shocking.. there was someone in my office who lost their job only a few weeks ago for posting a special delivery without getting a signature, even though it was the right house. Must depend which area you are in I guess.

I'm on the outskirts of Oxford, one of my mates is a postie, there's been staff shortages for as long as I can remember....our post gets delivered by agency staff a lot of the time.

33 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

That's very lucky that her old address is now occupied by fellow Glastonbury goers!

Yep! It's only because we're waiting on ours and have been before that we recognised what it was without opening it!

Lots of people suggested sending it back to seetickets, but if Phoebe didn't realise she hadn't changed her address, she might not have realised until it was too late. Feel better physically getting it to her myself.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Lushroom said:

Yep! It's only because we're waiting on ours and have been before that we recognised what it was without opening it!

Lots of people suggested sending it back to seetickets, but if Phoebe didn't realise she hadn't changed her address, she might not have realised until it was too late. Feel better physically getting it to her myself.

I'm sure she knows the way to come and collect it 😄 

20 minutes ago, Euphoricape said:

Postie responsible may well be sacked. Im a postie and delivering a special delivery without a signature is the easiest way to lose your job. 

Can a neighbour sign for it if I'm not in? I was thinking of leaving a post-it on my door asking him to leave it with a neighbour. 

29 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

I'm on the outskirts of Oxford, one of my mates is a postie, there's been staff shortages for as long as I can remember....our post gets delivered by agency staff a lot of the time.

I'm hoping it improves if Labour get elected in, and they manage to stop royal mail being sold to a foreign investor. 

On 6/1/2024 at 3:33 PM, gooner1990 said:

Quite.

Although I did laugh when my mates ticket arrived with mine today, when he had to re-register a couple of years ago he used the same photo from when he first registered in 2010 (for the 2011 festival), so the photo on his ticket is now pushing 15 years old!

I haven't changed my photo since they were first required and it was an old photo then. I'm a good twenty years older than my pic I think.

Had to get a new photo for a passport this year so probably time to update.

6 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

I haven't changed my photo since they were first required and it was an old photo then. I'm a good twenty years older than my pic I think.

Probably right!

I changed my photo in 2019, and now I'm a bit older I don't change appearance quite so much!

51 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

Same here, but my irrational fear is that the photo is now 'lucky' as I've managed to get tickets every time i've tried, and that if I change the photo, welll, doesn't bear thinking about 🙂

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, gooner1990 said:

Probably right!

I changed my photo in 2019, and now I'm a bit older I don't change appearance quite so much!

I've hardly aged at all in two decades. Honest guv (wish that were true. It gets harder every year).

7 hours ago, paulshane said:

Same here, but my irrational fear is that the photo is now 'lucky' as I've managed to get tickets every time i've tried, and that if I change the photo, welll, doesn't bear thinking about 🙂

Eleven out of seventeen times for me I think. Which is not bad. Worried about changing it now. (Edit: I now think that's wrong. When did photo ID start?)

Think I posted earlier the nonsense I've had with ID lately. Barclay's Bank wouldn't accept my recently expired passport. Despite it being an official Home Office issued document with a photograph of my face in it that is still clearly me. But they did accept my no photo at all old school paper driving licence. Still blowing my mind that is given the importance of the transaction.

Not as mind blowing as moving and forgetting to tell Glastonbury/See mind.

Edited by MrZigster

2 hours ago, MrZigster said:

When did photo ID start?)

2005 you needed photo ID, I recall getting a Citizens Card as i didn't want to risk losing my passport. Then from 2007 photos appeared on tickets. Hope all's well? ☺️

17 hours ago, StoneCircle said:

2005 you needed photo ID, I recall getting a Citizens Card as i didn't want to risk losing my passport. Then from 2007 photos appeared on tickets. Hope all's well? ☺️

I still have my Citizens Card which I only got for precisely the reason that Glastonbury wanted ID that year. It was cheaper than getting a passport iirc. Totally knackered and scuffed now and the hologram is almost non existent. Doubt it would pass muster these days. 

Worst photo of me ever contender as I had a dental abscess and was totally miserable. Still obviously me though in date or not (don't think they expire actually).

All's well but have done nothing to get ready for G yet!

• Upvote 1