Primavera Sound 2025

22 minutes ago, matrainertje said:

A lot of great names though. Kim Gordon, St. Vincent, Iggy Pop, Blonde Redhead, Mannequin Pussy, Jorja Smith, Yussef Days, Mars Volta, Beck, New Order, Clairo and Warpaint are all right up my ally. 

Yeah and Paul McCartney has a couple of quite well known songs.

1 hour ago, matrainertje said:

A lot of great names though. Kim Gordon, St. Vincent, Iggy Pop, Blonde Redhead, Mannequin Pussy, Jorja Smith, Yussef Days, Mars Volta, Beck, New Order, Clairo and Warpaint are all right up my ally. 

good names for sure. but need a lot more than that for a good festival, and some of the ways the days are panned out leave a lot to be desired.

12 hours ago, Drums Please Fab said:

New Album shaping up to be an absolute classic between this and starburster. 

Shame they are on a tour until December.......looks like we will miss them at Primmy 2025.

Starburster is excellent, this one feels very bland though. 

12 hours ago, Drums Please Fab said:

New Album shaping up to be an absolute classic between this and starburster. 

Shame they are on a tour until December.......looks like we will miss them at Primmy 2025.

I actually reckon Primavera have got them next year. Maybe even as a top line act tbh, but one of the smaller ones supporting a bigger name like The Cure/NIN on the same line. They're getting big now.

• Like 2

For headliners I'm guessing ASAP Rocky is likely since he's releasing his 1st album in 6 years next month. I also could see Childish Gambino and think Fontaines will be there.

I'm also predicting Denzel Curry to finally be booked - which has become a yearly prediction.

Had the fortune of seeing Lcd soundsystem in Dublin last night with Idles and Young Fathers. An absolutely stacked bill and three magnificent live acts. 

Would love to see all three at Primavera Sound next year. 

Will keep an eye on the Bbc's Glasto coverage now to see what else I want to put on my wishlist. 

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, ConfidenceMan said:

Had the fortune of seeing Lcd soundsystem in Dublin last night with Idles and Young Fathers. An absolutely stacked bill and three magnificent live acts. 

Will keep an eye on the Bbc's Glasto coverage now to see what else I want to put on my wishlist. 

Great band, but Malahide is a terrible venue in my opinion. Soulless.

Gone off gigs in Ireland to be honest...bad weather and bands come on while it is still bright. No Vibe.

I will be there in a week or so for my sins.

Flying in to Dublin to do Bloc Party, KOL, Arcade Fire back to back. Then over to Barca for Pearl Jam on the 8th.

LCD playing Kalorama Madrid end of August....

3 hours ago, Drums Please Fab said:

Gone off gigs in Ireland to be honest...bad weather and bands come on while it is still bright. No Vibe.

Flying in to Dublin to do Bloc Party, KOL, Arcade Fire back to back. Then over to Barca for Pearl Jam on the 8th.

Ah it ain't the worst. No temporary outdoor field venues are great, id say, but malahide has multiple transport options so that makes it better than a few of the alternatives for me! 

The early finish is my only complaint, really. Whatever about it being bright when bands come on, it's still bright when you're leaving! 

4 hours ago, ConfidenceMan said:

Ah it ain't the worst. No temporary outdoor field venues are great, id say, but malahide has multiple transport options so that makes it better than a few of the alternatives for me! 

The early finish is my only complaint, really. Whatever about it being bright when bands come on, it's still bright when you're leaving! 

Ah it's a great spot, but once you done the Spanish festivals you realise we get sold a pup in Ireland.

I lived in Malahide for 10 years. Used to walk to and from the concerts. 

21 hours ago, ConfidenceMan said:

Going to LCD next week. Can't wait. Hope for a good show!

Will be checking out Glasto sets this weekend too

20 hours ago, Drums Please Fab said:

I actually really like Malahide. I just wish gigs started and ended later. As you mentioned it's too bright sometimes. Although I saw Arcade Fire there years ago and the sun set maybe halfway through which was perfect.

• Like 1

Just now, diogozsz said:

Do early birds usually sell out fast (in minutes)?

I don't actually think that early bird tickets being sold out is a thing.

At least I don't remember this being an isuue since 2018 when I bought the early bird ticktes for the first time (and I've been doing it since then).