Primavera Sound 2025

Headliner - NIN

Local artist - Bogdan Raczynski (he's barely "local" now but whatever)

Never seen - Robyn

Latest obsession - Confidence Man

Dancing - Underworld

Legend - MBV

MBV will never happen but of course I'm putting it out there

4 hours ago, UsernameHere said:

I have to think they did at least reach out but for whatever reason didn't come to an agreement. I did think they were strange omissions though but I suppose they always miss out on a couple.

Air, Death Cab, MA and LCD Soundsystem were surprising omissions I felt this year.

For whatever reason they couldnt get them over the line.

They have Primavera catnip written all over them.

I'm just requesting smaller bands that may not tour in Europe in 2025 if they don't have the financial incentive of Primavera.

I'm sure a lot of commercial rock bands will be requested and I'm sure it won't make them any more likely to be booked.

21 hours ago, scatteredscreens said:

NIN doing the O2 in London next year apparently as per someone who heard from the promoter of Download Fest. If that's true I could definitely see them at Primavera.

Would absolutely love this.

4 hours ago, livenstu said:

Headliner - The Smashing Pumpkins

Local artist - Los Campesinos!

Never seen - Max Richter

Latest obsession - Knocked Loose

Dancing - Fabiana Palladino

Legend - Devo

Los Campesinos as local artist?

On 7/19/2024 at 6:02 PM, scatteredscreens said:

NIN doing the O2 in London next year apparently as per someone who heard from the promoter of Download Fest. If that's true I could definitely see them at Primavera.

You got that from reddit? Would be interesting to see, if this proves to be true. Could be legit but could also just be someone who seeks attention.

13 hours ago, Karlos12345 said:

You got that from reddit? Would be interesting to see, if this proves to be true. Could be legit but could also just be someone who seeks attention.

It was from someone on the download reddit.

Someone asked about NIN and someone in the replies said they spoke to Andy Copping (downloads lead booker) and he replied saying they werent doing Download and doing the O2 next year. Given the context of it being in a download reddit it seems somewhat believable. 

I'm crossing my fingers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, livenstu said:

They are Welsh, so local to me.  The name wasn't me being dumb 🙂 

I'm sorry, I just assumed that question was about Spanish acts instead of each one's country 😉

• Upvote 1

Do you guys think the tourism protests will put people off from coming next year? 

It doesn't change much for me tbh, but then I've been plenty of times and I'm not hanging around in the usual tourist places. But I wonder if people coming from much further will think twice? 

14 minutes ago, katyaz said:

Do you guys think the tourism protests will put people off from coming next year? 

It doesn't change much for me tbh, but then I've been plenty of times and I'm not hanging around in the usual tourist places. But I wonder if people coming from much further will think twice? 

I don't think it will at all. Was a minor non-violent protest and quickly forgotten about.

Anyone with sense can quickly find out why there are protests and if you're a decent person can understand the locals frustration.

Plus if you are a good tourist and treat Barcelona and its citizens with respect you will probably receive respect back.

Edited by scatteredscreens
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, katyaz said:

Would be kind of nice if this results in cheaper Airbnb rates.

12 minutes ago, SwallowOrSleepOnTheWetSpot said:

Would be kind of nice if this results in cheaper Airbnb rates.

If you believe them, they are planning on getting rid of the 10,000 Airbnb licenses in the city over the next 5 years so no Airbnb at all and higher hotel prices with less supply.

11 hours ago, xxialac said:

If you believe them, they are planning on getting rid of the 10,000 Airbnb licenses in the city over the next 5 years so no Airbnb at all and higher hotel prices with less supply.

Yes but the current Airbnb supply may still stay the same for 2025.

Edited by SwallowOrSleepOnTheWetSpot

20 hours ago, scatteredscreens said:

Anyone with sense can quickly find out why there are protests and if you're a decent person can understand the locals frustration.

Plus if you are a good tourist and treat Barcelona and its citizens with respect you will probably receive respect back.

Airbnb is the problem. Not the tourists in and of themselves.

It’s a massive problem, particularly when the local salaries are so bad. 

Particularly in the canaries and Balearics, it’s not like you can move an hour inland to quieter areas. There is nowhere to go.

The apartments where I am now, are dearer than Dublin. Which is just bonkers.

I used Airbnb the first few times I came to Primavera. Generally it was regular people running the apartment. But now it's almost entirely businesses and I don't mean someone who owns one or two apartments, it's like entire blocks and numerous apartments all across the city. They don't even try to pretend to be a small host anymore, you can see straight away that it's a business. Most of these apartments are no better than a hotel, you get a tiny kitchen sure but you don't have any of the services provided by a hotel. And the price is usually the same. 

I already have a hotel booked but are there any options for apartments that are not owned by big businesses or harmful to locals? I'd like to know. Maybe you can still find a few small hosts on Airbnb but tbh I don't see very many anymore

• Like 1

On 7/19/2024 at 5:16 PM, Drums Please Fab said:

Air, Death Cab, MA and LCD Soundsystem were surprising omissions I felt this year.

For whatever reason they couldnt get them over the line.

They have Primavera catnip written all over them.

and Slowdive. And the Smile. 
On top of your list. 
but oh well…

• Like 1

9 hours ago, katyaz said:

I used Airbnb the first few times I came to Primavera. Generally it was regular people running the apartment. But now it's almost entirely businesses and I don't mean someone who owns one or two apartments, it's like entire blocks and numerous apartments all across the city. They don't even try to pretend to be a small host anymore, you can see straight away that it's a business. Most of these apartments are no better than a hotel, you get a tiny kitchen sure but you don't have any of the services provided by a hotel. And the price is usually the same. 

I already have a hotel booked but are there any options for apartments that are not owned by big businesses or harmful to locals? I'd like to know. Maybe you can still find a few small hosts on Airbnb but tbh I don't see very many anymore

This is it in a nutshell.

Back in 2011-ish I remember airbnb'ing all over Europe on a 3 week trip. 

Every apartment had the possessions of the owner dotted around the house. It was clearly someones home you were borrowing for the weekend. In some I had to feed their cat!

Now its REITS's, hedge funds, wealthy landlords etc who can leverage existing properties to buy more and more and lease them out.

Once you are in the market you're laughing. Getting in is the problem. Insiders and outsiders.

Its easy to buy the second and third and fourth house......the first one is the problem.

Im in the Canaries and the locals are absolutely f**ked. Like proper f**ked. 

You wont even need to learn to speak Spanish here at the rate we are going.

The other problem is airbnb ruins the enjoyment of the lives of people who actually live in these buildings. The clatter of suitcase wheels at all hours, doors being left open, parties at all hours. Nobody signed up for this.

Then the tourists say "without us you'd have nothing"....they are wrong....they dont realise the money doest trickle down anymore.

Its foreign airlines, Ryanair, Condor, TUI, Jet2 (none Spanish).

Foreign domiciled hotel chains, and non resident landlords.

Pedro and Maria on the ground dont make a bean out of it any more.

• Upvote 1