Primavera Sound 2025

11 hours ago, Drums Please Fab said:

Be careful what you wish for.

https://x.com/noelgallagher/status/1827830461311467698?s=48&t=nep70j6ttSqr6UQnqOUSE

Gonna be f**king biblical.

I know it's not the popular opinion here, but this is a reunion I'd be happy to see. 100% on Blur's side of things, but still it should be cool nostalgic show.

In any case, never gonna happen anyway, so no reason to stone me

• Upvote 1

Here's a list of bands that we talked most about and/or were on most people wishlist on the first 10 pages of this forum. I guess we might expect atleast a handful of them.

By the way: it's not ordered on size of the bands, it's ordered on how much we talked about them, so I'm not saying The Cure wouldn't be headliner obviously

Fontaines DC, Nine Inch Nails, Portishead
Childish Gambino, FKA Twigs
Idles, LCD Soundsystem, Vince Staples
Caribou, Cleo Sol, Flaming Lips, Jamie XX, Nathy Peluso, Robyn, Soul Coughin, Talking Heads, The Cure, The XX, Tyler The Creator

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Boss89 said:

Here's a list of bands that we talked most about and/or were on most people wishlist on the first 10 pages of this forum. I guess we might expect atleast a handful of them.

By the way: it's not ordered on size of the bands, it's ordered on how much we talked about them, so I'm not saying The Cure wouldn't be headliner obviously

Fontaines DC, Nine Inch Nails, Portishead
Childish Gambino, FKA Twigs
Idles, LCD Soundsystem, Vince Staples
Caribou, Cleo Sol, Flaming Lips, Jamie XX, Nathy Peluso, Robyn, Soul Coughin, Talking Heads, The Cure, The XX, Tyler The Creator

Im going to see LCD Soundsytem in Madrid this coming Thursday.....will they still be on the circuit in June?

I've never understood the hate for Oasis on here. How is that this group seems to love Blur, Suede and Pulp but hate Oasis? Are people really, honestly listening to Definitely Maybe and Morning Glory and going that's sh*t. Really? I mean, I know they would draw a bit of a rowdy "lad-ish" crowd but I'm just talking musically. Those are great albums and up there with the best of Britpop. I'll die on that hill.

I'm 90% sure PS will never book them and they'll be at Mad Cool if they do a Spanish festival but still.

• Upvote 5

26 minutes ago, UsernameHere said:

I've never understood the hate for Oasis on here. How is that this group seems to love Blur, Suede and Pulp but hate Oasis? Are people really, honestly listening to Definitely Maybe and Morning Glory and going that's sh*t. Really? I mean, I know they would draw a bit of a rowdy "lad-ish" crowd but I'm just talking musically. Those are great albums and up there with the best of Britpop. I'll die on that hill.

I'm 90% sure PS will never book them and they'll be at Mad Cool if they do a Spanish festival but still.

There is a performative "we know better, too cool for school" element to a subset of the Primavera clientele.

They follow the festival like it's a football team, instead of a piece of tarmac that holds a gig every year.

There is also a trend every year to anoint some abstract band as the next big thing, just because they arent playing anywhere else. 

They seem to think they are "better" than a Madcool crowd or a Reading or Leeds etc. Even though going to one or the other doesnt prevent you from going Primavera. Its not an either/or.

They will go on about Oasis being "gammon" or "dad rock" and claim folks are dinosaurs for wanting them there, and then in the next sentence they will be waxing lyrical about Pavement or Shellac.

I find it all quite odd, insecure and insincere.

Edited by Drums Please Fab
  • Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, UsernameHere said:

Your comment is mostly fair but "hate"? I've read the last couple of pages and I'm not seeing hate.

(and on a separate point, they do have 7 albums, not just those 2 and all those bands cited above have definitely been more consistent over the years).

"They will go on about Oasis being "gammon" or "dad rock" and claim folks are dinosaurs for wanting them there"
Wow, this is a brilliant strawman @Drums Please Fab. People have not said that on here - you sound like you have a chip on your shoulder.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, xxialac said:

Your comment is mostly fair but "hate"? I've read the last couple of pages and I'm not seeing hate.

(and on a separate point, they do have 7 albums, not just those 2 and all those bands cited above have definitely been more consistent over the years).

"They will go on about Oasis being "gammon" or "dad rock" and claim folks are dinosaurs for wanting them there"
Wow, this is a brilliant strawman @Drums Please Fab. People have not said that on here - you sound like you have a chip on your shoulder.

There is a bit of it knocking around in the Glastonbury thread and there was a bit of it on here in this thread yesterday. 

I do get an element of sneering at the British working class on this website at times.

5 minutes ago, Drums Please Fab said:

I do get an element of sneering at the British working class on this website at times.

Respectfully disagree for the Primavera thread. 

In your words, you're "jumping in front of snowballs that arent being thrown".

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Fair enough, not "hate". That's hyperbole, but you know what I mean.

Regarding their discography I agree that they didn't have the consistency of Pulp but I did like Be Here Now as well - though not as much as the first 2 and I don't think it's over the top to say that those 2 albums have a better set of songs than most well respected bands have been able to write over a full career.

Anyway I've just always found it a bit odd to see them dismissed like that. I felt the same last year with Pearl Jam and The Smashing Pumpkins. Although I'll admit I see a theme there of bands with great early albums and then some not so great material.

1 hour ago, Drums Please Fab said:

There is a bit of it knocking around in the Glastonbury thread and there was a bit of it on here in this thread yesterday. 

Incredibly patronising to think Oasis is some form of spokesperson for the British working class.

They won't be the band for the working class when they're charging £150 a ticket next week.

• Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

Incredibly patronising to think Oasis is some form of spokesperson for the British working class.

They won't be the band for the working class when they're charging £150 a ticket next week.

I went to a private school full of entitled pricks like myself and they were without question the most popular act during my sixth form. 

Edited by xxialac

1 hour ago, scatteredscreens said:

I completely agree. But I think that’s the implication the gallery tends to make. Madcool , T-in the Park , Reading et al are for the great unwashed. While Glasto and Primavera are the “thinking mans” festivals.

There is a supercilious undercurrent prevalent. 

55 minutes ago, Drums Please Fab said:

I completely agree. But I think that’s the implication the gallery tends to make. Madcool , T-in the Park , Reading et al are for the great unwashed. While Glasto and Primavera are the “thinking mans” festivals.

There is a supercilious undercurrent prevalent. 

Well, Primavera does book special "thinkin mans" acts that those other festivals don't. That said, you obviously get lots of unwashed at PS as well, who just yap on coke too much.

well either way Oasis won't be at PS next year...

4, 5 July - Cardiff, Principality Stadium

11, 12, 19, 20 July - Manchester, Heaton Park

25, 26 July and 2, 3 August - London, Wembley Stadium

8, 9 August - Edinburgh, Murrayfield Stadium

16, 17 August - Dublin, Croke Park

The band said these dates would be their only dates in Europe next year.

However, it's understood further dates around the world will be announced soon.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, livenstu said:

well either way Oasis won't be at PS next year...

4, 5 July - Cardiff, Principality Stadium

11, 12, 19, 20 July - Manchester, Heaton Park

25, 26 July and 2, 3 August - London, Wembley Stadium

8, 9 August - Edinburgh, Murrayfield Stadium

16, 17 August - Dublin, Croke Park

The band said these dates would be their only dates in Europe next year.

However, it's understood further dates around the world will be announced soon.

Given the huge demand, I think anyone expecting them to do festivals on the first run was always likely to be disappointed. Like this summer's live music calendar has shown, the very biggest acts like Taylor Swift, Bruce Springsteen and Coldplay have no issue finding huge stadiums and selling them out to make a heap more money than if they'd topped the pile at PS, Mad Cool etc. Coldplay at Glasto being the exception there but they've got a long running connection to that one. 

If the Oasis reunion works out and the lads don't split by the end of August, I would expect a European stadium tour in 2026 with a second round of UK and Ireland shows. 

Maybe if they keep it going like Blur and Pulp, you could see festivals down the line but the rabid demand for a show that is financially motivated means it makes more sense to do stadiums and standalone headline shows than anything else. 

I won't be there, but enjoy it whoever does. Good band, just not one I like enough to pay whatever this is gonna cost. 

To answer someone a bit further up re LCD playing next year at PS? 
i hope not 🤣 

it’s only my personal opinion but saw them in 2016 and on Friday at All Points East and both times I got bored. 
it’s just not for me. 
i understand people love them but they’re not for me. So being selfish and hope it’s some other headliner! 😜 

same for chapel and Sabrina carpenter. 
jesus I really hope neither of them is on the line up. It’d be wasteful! 

but whoever the headliners are there’s always something nice so all ok !

did a couple of days at all points east and saw some great bands!

i found the festival site very empty on Friday and Sunday. 
so easy to be around. 
no queue etc 

and easy to get to a nice spot. 
saw the Kills Gossip Joe Goddard Sofia Kourtesis pixies floating points LCD Death Cab Postal 

i don’t want the summer to be over!!

Edited by ibo

11 hours ago, Fabrizzo said:

Anyway I tried listening to Chappell Roan, it seems like music for children or at most teenagers, it doesn't seem good for PS...

I gave her a listen Yesterday as well out of curiosity and it's not for me. Pop isn't my thing anyway but I also listened to the most recent Charli XCX and Billie Eilish albums and found those to be a lot more interesting and engaging for my taste.

• Upvote 1