Primavera Sound 2025

12 minutes ago, Whos3000_ said:

Fontaines are tricky to predict. 
pro: one of the strongest albums in recent years; already played the festival; they can easily play to 30k people; they are amazing live and primavera likes quality above hype; they will be around. 
cons:  everyone who wanted to see them will have done it by then; stage placement: they would be like 3rd name headliners or side-stage headliners right? maybe they just let them go not grabbing them this year? 
I am not sure

LCD were not here because they did not have a new album. If they don't plan to release anything primavera will book fresher acts (see vampire weekend with a new album); same goes for massive attack I would say

The Fontaines DC UK tour tickets flew out and PS is before the Finsbury gig so a lot of fans from the UK would be happy with them booked. Plus arent they skipping Barcelona on their European tour?

Said it before but Interpol will be there. Touring in the next few months and new album underway. Same with Vince Staples, the new album is already here and he's touring in the US shortly

Idles will be there. If not The XX then Jamie himself certainly. I'm also saying Underworld or Fred Again for big dance act. Bicep were a possibility but one of the guys recently has surgery for a brain tumour 

Pixies have an album out this year, when did they last play PS?

I'll be honest, the current names being thrown out there aren't very exciting for me so I'm hopeful they pull something out of the bag. NIN would be a huge win

Really need the lineups for the likes of Buenos Aires, São Paulo etc for some early signs

13 minutes ago, katyaz said:

Said it before but Interpol will be there. Touring in the next few months and new album underway. Same with Vince Staples, the new album is already here and he's touring in the US shortly

Idles will be there. If not The XX then Jamie himself certainly. I'm also saying Underworld or Fred Again for big dance act. Bicep were a possibility but one of the guys recently has surgery for a brain tumour 

I'll be honest, the current names being thrown out there aren't very exciting for me so I'm hopeful they pull something out of the bag. NIN would be a huge win

Really need the lineups for the likes of Buenos Aires, São Paulo etc for some early signs

There is usually very little over lap with south american primaveras

1 hour ago, scatteredscreens said:

There is usually very little over lap with south american primaveras

Yes this is true, I suppose it's more likely the SA editions will have more overlap from this year and not next. But I think it can give you an idea of where their heads are at with bookings 

1 hour ago, katyaz said:

They played in 2014. Might be back in 2025...

But Black Francis aka Frank Black will play shows in early 2025 (performing "Teenager of the year"!). I'd like him to do that at Primavera!

19 minutes ago, frankburns said:

They played in 2014. Might be back in 2025...

But Black Francis aka Frank Black will play shows in early 2025 (performing "Teenager of the year"!). I'd like him to do that at Primavera!

These dates are in February aren't they? I'd expect them much closer to the festival if there was a chance of him playing 

4 hours ago, scatteredscreens said:

I think this is a very good summary and agree with a lot of the suggested names. However I'd throw a couple more names in and move some others around.

Twigs will be top line in my opinion following on from her position on the 2024 poster.

Nine Inch Nails are rumoured to be active next year, doing a date in London at the O2 at the least, with them apparently doing red rocks again in America, I can see them being booked by primavera if the dates work.

Phoebe Bridgers might be active? No rumours but I reckon she could go straight to top line with her rising size. Similar to Mitski getting a top line spot.

The XX? I feel like they are due a return?

After going to the Massive Attack climate change gig i went to i do wonder if the reason they didn't return is due to their distaste with sponsors primavera chooses, there was an interview booklet given out at the event that said they're going to be more conscious on festival / venue slots and where they are getting money. I don't think they liked a festival sponsored by Amazon/Cupra, yes they were booked in 2022 but this seems like a more recent shift.

For top line names at the minute I'm feeling something like this

Day 1: LCD Soundsystem/Phoebe Bridgers/Fontaines DC

Day 2: Nine Inch Nails/The XX/FKA Twigs

Day 3: Childish Gambino/Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds/Chappell Roan

I'm not massively confident on Nick and Chappell, I think they could be switched out for a hiphop/electronic name.

Probably “second line” but IDLES will be there. Pretty sure it was self-confirmed by their tour manager sometime ago. 

2 hours ago, scatteredscreens said:

The Fontaines DC UK tour tickets flew out and PS is before the Finsbury gig so a lot of fans from the UK would be happy with them booked. Plus arent they skipping Barcelona on their European tour?

Yes they are, they’re playing Lisbon and Madrid in November (but no Barcelona…or Porto), I’d be amazed if they’re not at Primavera. Again, like IDLES, probably second line of the bill but I can see the possibility of a “top line” slot. Really depends on how the album goes, early days at the moment.

Edited by burnleynotbarcelona
Grammar

2 hours ago, katyaz said:

Pixies played Barca a few weeks ago.

3 hours ago, burnleynotbarcelona said:

Probably “second line” but IDLES will be there. Pretty sure it was self-confirmed by their tour manager sometime ago. 

Idles announced at Rock in Park and Rock am Ring the same weekend as the PS, I'm not so sure they are there anymore...

8 hours ago, Fabrizzo said:

Idles announced at Rock in Park and Rock am Ring the same weekend as the PS, I'm not so sure they are there anymore...

They play June 7 and 8, so June 5 at Primavera is still possible.

• Thanks 1

On 8/28/2024 at 2:51 PM, katyaz said:

Bicep were a possibility but one of the guys recently has surgery for a brain tumour 

Luckily, he's doing OK - they're actually out touring again at the end of next month I think so I wouldn't rule them out at all. 

Its their CHROMA show at the moment which is... Fine. I love them though, so if they're there, I'll be there. 

Always struggle a bit to understand which pop acts are "big" enough to headline, but looks like Chappell Roan didn't make much friends with the last minute cancellation of her European club shows just a few days before they would happen and only replacing the Berlin show with another date.

1 hour ago, Marty76 said:

Always struggle a bit to understand which pop acts are "big" enough to headline, but looks like Chappell Roan didn't make much friends with the last minute cancellation of her European club shows just a few days before they would happen and only replacing the Berlin show with another date.

for this reason alone Chappell would not be a good booking for any festival (including Primavera) next summer.

if she’s willing to cancel concerts with loyal fans 2 days before, she would also drop out of festivals.

She also dropped out of Lolla in Berlin this September (or ‘rescheduled…’ , but anyone who has bought festival tickets is screwed over there).

And that’s no judgement on any of her music, she’s just setting herself up a reputation like Lana Del Ray. (Being consistently late to gigs and getting cut off) but it’s almost worse to cancel just a few days before because something ‘better’ came along.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FestivalJamie said:

for this reason alone Chappell would not be a good booking for any festival (including Primavera) next summer.

if she’s willing to cancel concerts with loyal fans 2 days before, she would also drop out of festivals.

She also dropped out of Lolla in Berlin this September (or ‘rescheduled…’ , but anyone who has bought festival tickets is screwed over there).

And that’s no judgement on any of her music, she’s just setting herself up a reputation like Lana Del Ray. (Being consistently late to gigs and getting cut off) but it’s almost worse to cancel just a few days before because something ‘better’ came along.

Primavera are famously good at avoiding acts that cancel last minute...

10 hours ago, ConfidenceMan said:

Luckily, he's doing OK - they're actually out touring again at the end of next month I think so I wouldn't rule them out at all. 

Its their CHROMA show at the moment which is... Fine. I love them though, so if they're there, I'll be there. 

Those forthcoming fall tour dates are just with one of the BICEP dudes, and not both.