Primavera Sound 2025

10 hours ago, scatteredscreens said:

I was very disappointed by her drop outs and thought it was very poor from her this year. But if she does play and her new album is as good as LP1 and Magdalene we'll be in for a treat.

yeah, last time she came her set was the best one for me that year.

Though I didn't like Caprisongs that much, I hope the new album will be closer to the first two in style (doubt that)

4 minutes ago, Fabrizzo said:

I appreciate your confidence but if there were Miley Cyrus, Halsey etc etc I don't see why we should exclude it

Miley was booked as a replacement so they had to get someone in a similar ballpark.

Halsey and Calvin Harris etc I just think were part of a change in booking direction to eat up into the Mad Cool audience with the Madrid edition which is now dead.

I think we're safe.

Edited by scatteredscreens

There's nothing close to concrete on NIN, is there? I'd love to see them and when they're around I'm sure the festival will try - but I'm thinking they're quite unlikely.

For me, Fontaines feel very likely but I think they'll pass on Idles. As good as they are live they've been on a bit of a downward trajectory for a while and have already played twice when they were in better form.

5 minutes ago, UsernameHere said:

There's nothing close to concrete on NIN, is there? I'd love to see them and when they're around I'm sure the festival will try - but I'm thinking they're quite unlikely.

For me, Fontaines feel very likely but I think they'll pass on Idles. As good as they are live they've been on a bit of a downward trajectory for a while and have already played twice when they were in better form.

Nothing concrete no but we have nothing concrete on anyway except maybe FKA Twigs at this point.

Fact is that there's enough evidence to suggest they're going to be in Europe next year and Gabi has expressed strong interest in booking them for previous festivals recently. So I'd say they're somewhat likely.

2 hours ago, UsernameHere said:

As good as they are live they've been on a bit of a downward trajectory for a while and have already played twice when they were in better form.

Same goes for Caribou, I feel. That 2014 (?) gig is among my most memorable Primavera gigs, but they have never been that exciting again. I‘d much prefer something younger, newer from that musical direction. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, scatteredscreens said:

TV on the Radio residencies in US and London December this year have leaked. Will be interesting to see if they stick around until next year.

https://pitchfork.com/news/tv-on-the-radio-announce-first-shows-in-five-years-and-new-desperate-youth-bloodthirsty-babes-reissue-listen-to-an-unreleased-song/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=dhtwitter&utm_content=null

49 minutes ago, brosch said:

Same goes for Caribou, I feel. That 2014 (?) gig is among my most memorable Primavera gigs, but they have never been that exciting again. I‘d much prefer something younger, newer from that musical direction. 

It's funny, I was thinking this just yesterday. Really find Caribou very meh these days

• Like 1

Here is a list with my predictions so far. If you like it I can keep it updated 😉

Headliners candidates

FKA Twigs 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥 (practically confirmed, despite her factor of unpredictability)

Chappell Roan 🔥🔥🔥🔥 (It would have sense if they reached an agreement with her soon before being that huge)

Lorde 🔥🔥🔥🔥 (apparently she's teasing something and the festival already stated she's an artist they want to have always in Primavera)

Tame Impala 🔥🔥🔥 (Nothing really strong but they seem to have a contract every 3 years: 2013, 2016, 2019, 2022... ¿2025?)

Nick Cave 🔥🔥🔥 (Another primavera's friend, and with a new record, although he could be in other fests like Azkena rock)

The XX 🔥🔥 (Also Primavera 'regulars', if they release something, they'll be on 25th Primavera anniversary, but still focused on Jamie XX work)

Tyler, The Creator 🔥🔥 (primavera-friendly and performing in last Coachella, will we have him in Europe this next year?)

Nine Inch Nails 🔥🔥 (In Europe next season, and the fest tried to bring them before, also they were in 2014)

The Cure 🔥🔥 (One of the big acts that almost everyone could like and with new album, but with the recent sad news about Roger O'Donnell I'm not sure about their plans)

A$AP Rocky 🔥🔥 (Big rap act that fits in Primavera especially with his new work featuring Jessica Pratt)

Kali Uchis 🔥🔥 (she also has some odds to be in the bill)

Childish Gambino 🔥🔥 (I don't see so much potential on him this year, but who knows?)

Sabrina Carpenter 🔥 (she has been mentioned a lot, but I don't think she fits very well and must be expensive as hell)

Nelly Furtado 🔥 (I heard she's coming back, that gives her a chance I guess, that Timbaland Era is becoming really popular again)

Justin Timberlake 🔥 (the same as Nelly Furtado)

Portishead 🔥 (Quite difficult, but if there's any chance, they'll bring them).

R.E.M. 🔥(Just in case there's a reunion like Oasis one, they'd try as it is one of Gabi's favorite bands, but i reckon it won't happen).

Oasis 🛇 (It won't happen. Not in 2025, in a festival and Primavera, maybe 2026, in a stadium, or even Mad Cool)

Other possible acts:

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
Jamie XX, Fontaines D.C., Idles (almost self-confirmed)

🔥🔥🔥🔥
Kim Petras (they usually re-schedule bands in situations like Kim’s one, if they can), Clairo, Caribou, The Hard Quartet, Alan sparhawk, Cindy Lee and spanish artist Amaia.

🔥🔥🔥
Floating Points, Artemas (it was played through Primavera speakers, and went viral in tiktok), Rachel Chinouriri, The Jesus Lizard, Japandroids, Maruja, Friko, and spanish Carolina Durante and Hinds

🔥🔥
Mura Masa, Yaya Bey, Gouge Away, Waxahatchee, MJ Lenderman, Cassandra Jenkins, Newdad, Geordie Greep, illuminati hotties, Mabe Fratti, still house plants (most of them with exciting new music right now) and maybe spanish/Primavera Label artists (Joana serrat, Fermin Muguruza, Playero, Maria Escarmiento, Ciutat, Amore, Barry B)

🔥
Beach House, Phoebe Bridgers, Denzel Curry, Haim (not so clear, but they have chances if they tour)

🛇 (few chances)
Interpol (maybe it would be too much repetitive), The Flaming Lips (tour dates seemed busy)

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, LMDS said:

Here is a list with my predictions so far. If you like it I can keep it updated 😉

Headliners candidates

FKA Twigs 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥 (practically confirmed, despite her factor of unpredictability)

Chappell Roan 🔥🔥🔥🔥 (It would have sense if they reached an agreement with her soon before being that huge)

Lorde 🔥🔥🔥🔥 (apparently she's teasing something and the festival already stated she's an artist they want to have always in Primavera)

Tame Impala 🔥🔥🔥 (Nothing really strong but they seem to have a contract every 3 years: 2013, 2016, 2019, 2022... ¿2025?)

Nick Cave 🔥🔥🔥 (Another primavera's friend, and with a new record, although he could be in other fests like Azkena rock)

The XX 🔥🔥 (Also Primavera 'regulars', if they release something, they'll be on 25th Primavera anniversary, but still focused on Jamie XX work)

Tyler, The Creator 🔥🔥 (primavera-friendly and performing in last Coachella, will we have him in Europe this next year?)

Nine Inch Nails 🔥🔥 (In Europe next season, and the fest tried to bring them before, also they were in 2014)

The Cure 🔥🔥 (One of the big acts that almost everyone could like and with new album, but with the recent sad news about Roger O'Donnell I'm not sure about their plans)

A$AP Rocky 🔥🔥 (Big rap act that fits in Primavera especially with his new work featuring Jessica Pratt)

Kali Uchis 🔥🔥 (she also has some odds to be in the bill)

Childish Gambino 🔥🔥 (I don't see so much potential on him this year, but who knows?)

Sabrina Carpenter 🔥 (she has been mentioned a lot, but I don't think she fits very well and must be expensive as hell)

Nelly Furtado 🔥 (I heard she's coming back, that gives her a chance I guess, that Timbaland Era is becoming really popular again)

Justin Timberlake 🔥 (the same as Nelly Furtado)

Portishead 🔥 (Quite difficult, but if there's any chance, they'll bring them).

R.E.M. 🔥(Just in case there's a reunion like Oasis one, they'd try as it is one of Gabi's favorite bands, but i reckon it won't happen).

Oasis 🛇 (It won't happen. Not in 2025, in a festival and Primavera, maybe 2026, in a stadium, or even Mad Cool)

Other possible acts:

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
Jamie XX, Fontaines D.C., Idles (almost self-confirmed)

🔥🔥🔥🔥
Kim Petras (they usually re-schedule bands in situations like Kim’s one, if they can), Clairo, Caribou, The Hard Quartet, Alan sparhawk, Cindy Lee and spanish artist Amaia.

🔥🔥🔥
Floating Points, Artemas (it was played through Primavera speakers, and went viral in tiktok), Rachel Chinouriri, The Jesus Lizard, Japandroids, Maruja, Friko, and spanish Carolina Durante and Hinds

🔥🔥
Mura Masa, Yaya Bey, Gouge Away, Waxahatchee, MJ Lenderman, Cassandra Jenkins, Newdad, Geordie Greep, illuminati hotties, Mabe Fratti, still house plants (most of them with exciting new music right now) and maybe spanish/Primavera Label artists (Joana serrat, Fermin Muguruza, Playero, Maria Escarmiento, Ciutat, Amore, Barry B)

🔥
Beach House, Phoebe Bridgers, Denzel Curry, Haim (not so clear, but they have chances if they tour)

🛇 (few chances)
Interpol (maybe it would be too much repetitive), The Flaming Lips (tour dates seemed busy)

Fka twigs practically confirmed??? All we know is that she has something out next week. Can be an album, can be single, can be something completely different.  We don't know if she plans to tour in the summer and if in Europe, we don't know if PS will even like to take the chance after her bailing out twice.

I Mean, there's a decent chance she's in, but practically confirmed is way off

11 minutes ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

Fka twigs practically confirmed??? All we know is that she has something out next week. Can be an album, can be single, can be something completely different.  We don't know if she plans to tour in the summer and if in Europe, we don't know if PS will even like to take the chance after her bailing out twice.

I Mean, there's a decent chance she's in, but practically confirmed is way off

Basically her cancelation was announced as a postponement for 2025. But yes, take it with a pinch of salt. Let's say that in this moment, each fire symbol could count as much as a 10% of probabilites xD, in some months we'll know more.

21 minutes ago, LMDS said:

Basically her cancelation was announced as a postponement for 2025. But yes, take it with a pinch of salt. Let's say that in this moment, each fire symbol could count as much as a 10% of probabilites xD, in some months we'll know more.

Exactly- Twigs will be on the poster, what happens come June is another story..