Primavera Sound 2025

39 minutes ago, Fabrizzo said:

On the contrary, the fact that she only performs in Madrid while in Spain is very suspicious...

Probably because she did Mad Cool last year so her demand in Spain isn't probably that high to warrant hitting up Barcelona too, besides where would she play?

I think the biggest telltale sign is the no back to back dates in other counties. 

14 hours ago, scatteredscreens said:

Yes - as far as I can see there are no back to back dates in other countries? Always at least a day off in between 

This would seem to happen when he does 2 dates in a row in a city but Milan is just one date... She could easily show up on June 6th (to be clear, the pop name  doesn't interest me at all so I have no preferences)

19 minutes ago, MrTobs said:

Yeah I could see 6th june happening, doing two stripped back festival sets back to back. Hope it's not the case though. Also the Madrid dates don't rule her out all, didn't she even play a Barcelona date in 2022?

The thing is that it seems that her two gigs in Madrid are Spain exclusive. At least is what some of the Spanish say:

https://www.elmundo.es/como/2024/09/13/66e3e9e4e4d4d8384e8b4591.html

"La cantante angloalbanesa ofrecerá los dos únicos conciertos de su gira mundial en España el 11 y 12 de mayo".

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, chilirocker said:

She could be the Friday headliner. It wouldn’t be that much of a logistical issue. 

It is a bit weird that she's not coming to Barcelona considering that she loves the city and she even lives there once in a while. Plus she already did Mad Cool Madrid this year and she's coming back again to Madrid next year, so why not Barcelona?

On the other hand, the gaps that she has in the calendar are not very good for Primavera Barcelona. Yes, it is feasible but I doubt it. 

31 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

It is a bit weird that she's not coming to Barcelona considering that she loves the city and she even lives there once in a while. Plus she already did Mad Cool Madrid this year and she's coming back again to Madrid next year, so why not Barcelona?

On the other hand, the gaps that she has in the calendar are not very good for Primavera Barcelona. Yes, it is feasible but I doubt it. 

People here are really overstating the importance of Barcelona. An artist not coming to BCN mostly just means it didn't fit their routing, venues weren't avaiable or simply, other cities are more important to play.

As I'm taking a break from PS in 2025 I'm not that into the speculations, but I keen wondering how this place will just throw names around and call it a rumour when nothing points to those artists at all and then everyone gets upset, that their stellar expectations were not met. There is zero indication as to Lorde, Chapell Roan, Tame Impala or whoever even touring Europe at that time next year. The Fact that The Cure and Bon Iver are releasing new albums does not mean they're locked at PS.

Actual rumours with an empirical base from this thread are

FKA Twigs - obvious reasons

MJ Lendermann - Tour Dates seem to fit well

Cassandra Jenkins - Tour Dates seem to fit well

Fontaines D.C. - Tour Dates seem to fit well

Fast forwad two months and you'll be complaining how all the acts who never even were an option are not on the line up.

Edited by Quadrophobia
  • Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

People here are really overstating the importance of Barcelona. An artist not coming to BCN mostly just means it didn't fit their routing, venues weren't avaiable or simply, other cities are more important to play.

As I'm taking a break from PS in 2025 I'm not that into the speculations, but I keen wondering how this place will just throw names around and call it a rumour when nothing points to those artists at all and then everyone gets upset, that their stellar expectations were not met. There is zero indication as to Lorde, Chapell Roan, Tame Impala or whoever even touring Europe at that time next year. The Fact that The Cure and Bon Iver are releasing new albums does not mean they're locked at PS.

Fast forwad two months and you'll be complaining how all the acts who never even were an option are not on the line up.

Exactly this, as far as I understand Barcelona doesn't really have that many suitable venues really also. It's not surprising it was skipped for an artist like Dua.

9 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

I mean all the porpoise of this forum to speculate. At this time none of the European festivals has their lineups out, it's hard to discuss names without having any idea who is touring or not, so people are just throwing names out. Of course with time, some of those names will become stronger and stronger and maybe they will be in the final lineup. What else do we have to do till October and November? Discuss Fontaines DC or Twigs 10x per day just because they are more concrete at this point?

11 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

There is zero indication as to Lorde, Chapell Roan, Tame Impala or whoever even touring Europe at that time next year. The Fact that The Cure and Bon Iver are releasing new albums does not mean they're locked at PS.

Yeah, like for example The Cure I would expect to maybe do their own shows again. I've been bringing up names just to track who might be active not necessarily that they'll play.

1 hour ago, Quadrophobia said:

It's obvious, there are lists where we try to guess who might play, i hope people keep updating that, anyone who says it's not realistic can simply not look at it...

Edited by Fabrizzo

I've been keeping a personal track of artists that appear to be active whether that's new music or touring and already 2025 looks like a potentially stellar year for Primavera in terms of options. As always we won't get everyone as it's just not plausible but I'm looking at acts like: TVOTR, Refused, Twigs, Bon Iver, The Cure, Fontaines DC and NIN and think that's already an impressive start in September.

Plus all the acts we don't have an idea on their plans and will only be revealed when Primavera drops their line up.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, MeMeMeM said:

The thing is that it seems that her two gigs in Madrid are Spain exclusive. At least is what some of the Spanish say:

https://www.elmundo.es/como/2024/09/13/66e3e9e4e4d4d8384e8b4591.html

"La cantante angloalbanesa ofrecerá los dos únicos conciertos de su gira mundial en España el 11 y 12 de mayo".

It just appears to be referencing the only two Spanish dates on the dates announced yesterday. I think it’s journalistic license rather than fact. I

guess we’ll find out in just over 2 months haha

I very much hope they can snag Refused! They have Quicksand as support for the farewell US dates - Walter bringing them or Rival Schools (active later in the year) would be another superb addition.

TVotR have said there will be more dates in 2025 after their initial few, so that would also be perfect.

We don't need to worry, it is always excellent!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

They did this show at Vida Festival this year, I could see them missing Primavera this year. We'll see.

I was checking  but it didn't happened this year.

They are the first announcment for Vida Festival next year (either way , you may be right that they may miss Primavera then)

Updated predictions!
Headliners candidates
🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
FKA Twigs

🔥🔥🔥🔥
Chappell Roan, Lorde, The Cure ⬆️

🔥🔥🔥
Nick Cave, Nine Inch Nails ⬆️, Bon Iver 🆕
🔥🔥
The XX, Tyler, The Creator, A$AP Rocky, Kali Uchis, Tame Impala ⬇️, Olivia Rodrigo 🆕
🔥
Radiohead, Childish Gambino, Sabrina Carpenter, Nelly Furtado, Justin Timberlake, Portishead, R.E.M., Dua Lipa 🆕 (understood both p.o.v. but imho is more unlikely)
🛇 (Unlikely)
Oasis, Billie Eilish

Other possible acts:
🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
Jamie XX, Fontaines D.C., Idles
🔥🔥🔥🔥
MJ Lenderman, Cassandra Jenkins, Kim Petras, Clairo, Caribou, The Hard Quartet, Alan sparhawk, Cindy Lee, Amaia
🔥🔥🔥
Floating Points, Artemas, Waxahatchee ⬆️, Rachel Chinouriri, The Jesus Lizard, Japandroids, Maruja, Friko, Carolina Durante, Hinds, Geordie Greep ⬆️, Refused 🆕
🔥🔥
Mura Masa, Yaya Bey, Gouge Away, Newdad, illuminati hotties, Mabe Fratti, Still House Plants, Joana serrat, Fermin Muguruza, Playero, Maria Escarmiento, Ciutat, Amore, Barry B, TV on The Radio 🆕
🔥
Beach House, Phoebe Bridgers, Denzel Curry, Haim
🛇 (Unlikely)
Interpol, The Flaming Lips, The Get Up Kids ⬇️, Supergrass ⬇️

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1