Primavera Sound 2025

Even though she has an incredible number of spotify listeners I would not consider Sabrina a “big” name yet. Her tour this year only consisted of 10 “small” venues in europe, ofc it was before the sixth album that has broken all her records, but still.

There is no doubt that she is in a great moment nowadays, but spotify monthly listeners do not directly translate into ticket sales.

I mean, cannot see a festival like this building its lineup around her. Names like Dua (forgeting the repeat factor) and Olivia suit this role better. The former is on a few stadiums + many arenas tour, and the later is doing around 30 arenas in europe.

Edited: bad research 

Edited by Trk

1 minute ago, Trk said:

Even though she has an incredible number of spotify listeners I would not consider Sabrina a “big” name yet. Her tour this year only consisted of 10 “small” venues in europe, ofc it was before the sixth album that has broken all her records, but still.

There is no doubt that she is in a great moment nowadays, but spotify monthly listeners do not directly translate into ticket sales.

I mean, cannot see a festival like this building its lineup around her. Names like Dua (forgeting the repeat factor) and Olivia suit this role better. The former is on a few stadiums + many arenas tour, and the later is doing around 30 arenas in europe.

What do you mean? Sabrina is playing arenas in both NA and Europe and every single date is sold out.

If she plays this she’ll be treated like a “big” artist I think 

Edited by diogozsz

Forget what I said, I was looking at the previous venues haha, my bad. Yep, thats a solid 14 arena tour, qualifies as a ticket seller.

Still not on the same level as the others i mentioned though. But would be enough to top a day.

Edited by Trk

21 hours ago, Valbork said:

Keep going back to this. It is beginning to look far too feasible and far too balanced for fan's wishlist fake poster. Any chance that it is a Primavera, 'hiding in plain sight', plant to test  reaction to certain names? Hasn't that happened before? I certainly could see a lot of these names on the poster.

This is so obviously someones wishlist 😄 

The will to make believe in this thread is stounding me time and again...

1 hour ago, diogozsz said:

I have a feeling Sabrina Carpenter might play this, honestly 

Although she is marketing herself in the popsphere charli and co inhibit, her music is just far too basic to headline PS. If she does EU fests, she'll be at Mad Cool with their far more mainstream oriented booking.

Phoebe Bridgers would be an obvious choice, she has never been to PS since breaking out, but there is as of now zero indication she even has a new album ready in 2025, let alone tourdates. There was talk about taking time off after boygenius, too. On the other hand, its been 5 years since Punisher by PS next year and thats already very long for an album cycle in modern pop

Edited by Quadrophobia

1 hour ago, diogozsz said:

I’m just not seeing what other female names might headline this year. It feels like all the viable options have been there in recent years

Shakira, Kali Uchis, Rosalía has new music coming, Karol G, Rihanna is rumoured for Glasto, Olivia Rodrigo, Doja Cat - all I could see heading and are on tours

1 minute ago, chilirocker said:

Shakira, Kali Uchis, Rosalía has new music coming, Karol G, Rihanna is rumoured for Glasto, Olivia Rodrigo, Doja Cat - all I could see heading and are on tours

Rihanna wont be doing glasto and definitely wont be doing Primavera.

Doja Cat I could see but it looks like she isn't active next year. 

Karol G was rumoured last year, I think on the official Primavera forum Gabi basically said he wasn't interested in her.

58 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

Rihanna wont be doing glasto and definitely wont be doing Primavera.

Doja Cat I could see but it looks like she isn't active next year. 

Karol G was rumoured last year, I think on the official Primavera forum Gabi basically said he wasn't interested in her.

I'm kinda confused, when did we start discussing these mainstream names that so obviously don't fit PS or would be way too big? Like when has a booking like that ever happened? Why would Justin Timberlake, Rihanna, Madonna or Doja Cat play PS? There is just no angle from which that makes sense.

Edited by Quadrophobia
  • Upvote 2

Just now, Quadrophobia said:

I'm kinda confused, we started discussing these mainstream names that so obviously don't fit PS or would be way too big? Like when has a booking like that ever happened? Why would Justin Timberlake, Rihanna, Madonna or Doja Cat play PS? There is just no angle from which that makes sense

I haven't said anything about JT, Rihanna or Madonna headlining. In fact I've said they wouldn't.

On the topic of Doja Cat... she was literally booked for the 2021 cancelled festival.

https://assets.primaverasound.com/psweb/k0ijbm7hlmv3pkxik8cx_1591170167756.png

1 minute ago, scatteredscreens said:

I haven't said anything about JT, Rihanna or Madonna headlining. In fact I've said they wouldn't.

On the topic of Doja Cat... she was literally booked for the 2021 cancelled festival.

Ha, yes.

And an act like Dua Lipa was hardly medium-sized names when she played two years back.

They won't book overly commercial like Shakira but they will book a big name.

10 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

JT, Rihanna and Madonna were names that came up recently.

About Doja Cat: She is now a Coachella headline name. Not impossible for PS, but for the money they have to shell out for such a name, they need someone who at least most of the regular audience finds appealing. Doja Cat is no Lana Del who has important touch points to other audiences, whilst Doja Cat is straight up in Pop Rap that you wouldn't be able to sell to the Indie crowd. She would've worked in the undercard, but not as a headliner.

1 minute ago, Quadrophobia said:

JT, Rihanna and Madonna were names that came up recently.

About Doja Cat: She is now a Coachella headline name. Not impossible for PS, but for the money they have to shell out for such a name, they need someone who at least most of the regular audience finds appealing. Doja Cat is no Lana Del who has important touch points to other audiences, whilst Doja Cat is straight up in Pop Rap that you wouldn't be able to sell to the Indie crowd. She would've worked in the undercard, but not as a headliner.

She was a last minute Coachella headliner tbf. Tame Impala is also a coachella headliner and we know how frequently they've played Primavera. Also I would assume that her booking in 2021 was to be a headliner. Halsey also wouldn't be a sell to the indie crowd and they booked her. It's quite evident she COULD still play, and headline. 

I don't however think she will next year. Or any time soon for that matter.

9 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

She was a last minute Coachella headliner tbf. Tame Impala is also a coachella headliner and we know how frequently they've played Primavera. Also I would assume that her booking in 2021 was to be a headliner. Halsey also wouldn't be a sell to the indie crowd and they booked her. It's quite evident she COULD still play, and headline. 

I don't however think she will next year. Or any time soon for that matter.

Halsey in 2023 is smaller than Doja in 2025, also much PS-compratible alt-pop with her latest record. And then again, 2023 broke the rules, because the push into Madrid called for artists that weren't gonna be booked otherwise like Ghost, Maneskin, Calvin Harris and others.

The Tame Impala comparison actually illustrates my point pretty well: They are expensive , BUT that pays off, because they are liked by both indie and pop audiences. Doja Cat is expensive and realtively limited to Rap audiences

Just now, Quadrophobia said:

Halsey in 2023 is smaller than Doja in 2025, also much PS-compratible alt-pop with her latest record. And then again, 2023 broke the rules, because the push into Madrid called for artists that weren't gonna be booked otherwise like Ghost, Maneskin, Calvin Harris and others.

The Tame Impala comparison actually illustrates my point pretty well: They are expensive , BUT that pays off, because they are liked by both indie and pop audiences. Doja Cat is expensive and realtively limited to Rap audiences

Fair enough. I do think there is still some overlap in Primavera and Doja Cat. But I don't think she would be a name they would currently gun for. Her last album was quite bad. But I could see it at some point.

6 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

Fair enough. I do think there is still some overlap in Primavera and Doja Cat. But I don't think she would be a name they would currently gun for. Her last album was quite bad. But I could see it at some point.

I do see hte overlap, I just think its too small to throw headline-level money out

1 minute ago, diogozsz said:

I think something similar to this might work out of them

NIN | ROSALÍA premiering her new album | FKA twigs

The Cure | Tyler, The Creator | Charli XCX

LCD Soundsystem | Lorde | Jamie xx

NIN and The Cure would be astounding, I would be happy with at least one.

Just now, scatteredscreens said:

Does Rosalia have a new album though? I thought the single was standalone.

The single is a standalone but I think she might release an album before PS25. She gave an interview to a French magazine this week and implied a new album was coming when they were playing an "IN or OUT" game 

• Upvote 1