Primavera Sound 2025

I think the headline will be far off from what we've discussed here. There is as of now little movement in the festival sphere and we will know more in the coming weeks. Afaik f.e. The Cure will do an extensive arena tour for the new record in 2025. Does not exclude festivals per se, but it might just be too optimistic to count on them for 25.

10 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

I think the headline will be far off from what we've discussed here. There is as of now little movement in the festival sphere and we will know more in the coming weeks. Afaik f.e. The Cure will do an extensive arena tour for the new record in 2025. Does not exclude festivals per se, but it might just be too optimistic to count on them for 25.

Where have you heard about the arena tour? I'm speculating fests again to be honest as it allows them to hit a broad range of countries again and not do another long tour compared to 2022/23.

26 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

Depeche Mode also had a tour of arenas only but they made an exception for the PS, it could happen again

47 minutes ago, diogozsz said:

I think something similar to this might work out of them

NIN | ROSALÍA premiering her new album | FKA twigs

The Cure | Tyler, The Creator | Charli XCX

LCD Soundsystem | Lorde | Jamie xx

That would be PERFECT and a DREAM 

4 hours ago, LMDS said:

I'm not sure, she must be quite expensive... and I have the feeling that she has 0% appeal outside of her pop fanbase, I mean that there is not many interest in the primavera-core audience in her (not the case of Charli XCX or Lana del Rey for example). I think she would fit better in Mad Cool (they're also eager to spend a bigger budget on artists), but I can be wrong, of course

She seems expensive but doesn’t seem as expensive as Lana. She’s still huge, Espresso is one of the biggest (if not the biggest) song of the year. The same about Please Please. Actually when announced her Euro tour next year I was surprised that she didn’t announce a date in Spain, but only in Italy as for South Europe. Plus it’s a small arena tour, so festivais are probably guaranteed for her, specially Euro festivals. At the moment I don’t think there is a bigger pop star that Primavera can book. Billie Eilish came to my mind before but she has already dates in Barcelona and fully booked during Primavera. 

2 hours ago, xxialac said:

Ha, yes.

And an act like Dua Lipa was hardly medium-sized names when she played two years back.

They won't book overly commercial like Shakira but they will book a big name.

They will definitely book a big pop like Doja Cat or a big reggaeton name like Bad Bunny. As long as that person has at least one critically acclaimed album. Just a note, but Dua Lipa and Lana del Rey both have very critically acclaimed albums. So it made sense they were booked.

Also if I’m not wrong, I read that Lana del Rey day at Primavera 2024 was the most profitable festival day for Primavera ever. That also gave a boost for full festival tickets when the one day tickets were sold out. So I’m 99% sure that they will bet on this tactic again: 1 Super big name + other names. 

6 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

Charli XCX and Rosalia would be too soon. Can’t see that happening before 2026. Specially Charli is rumoured to do a Euro Arena tour. 

Where's this rumour from?

To me it felt nailed on to hit all the fests next year as she only did two European ones.

1 minute ago, scatteredscreens said:

Where's this rumour from?

To me it felt nailed on to hit all the fests next year as she only did two European ones.

She performed live (not DJ set) last June at 3 European festivals (Primavera Sound, Opener and Roskilde). Opener and Roskilde were last-minute replacements for other artists who had to cancel I think.

7 minutes ago, MKBAB said:

She performed live (not DJ set) last June at 3 European festivals (Primavera Sound, Opener and Roskilde). Opener and Roskilde were last-minute replacements for other artists who had to cancel I think.

Yeah exactly. Not a large amount was my point. Seemed more likely she would hit them up next Summer.

1 hour ago, diogozsz said:

I think something similar to this might work out of them

NIN | ROSALÍA premiering her new album | FKA twigs

The Cure | Tyler, The Creator | Charli XCX

LCD Soundsystem | Lorde | Jamie xx

They‘ve all headlined (or played late slots - twigs, charli) before, I doubt that PS would book so retro. There‘ll be at least 1 or 2 really new names, I think

Reading the R&L topic someone said that Olivia was not doing it because she was going to play in another UK festival (maybe BST or Glasto? where she has been rumoured for a long time).

If she plays there I would see her likely for Primavera. She is big and sells well (29 arenas in europe), she is young and she is critically acclaimed (Pitchfork gave her an 8). Would be expensive and I’m not totally sure about the crossover between her audience and Primaveras target audience, but maybe its worth sales wise.

Not saying that shes coming for sure, but her name should be considered imho.

4 minutes ago, Trk said:

Reading the R&L topic someone said that Olivia was not doing it because she was going to play in another UK festival (maybe BST or Glasto? where she has been rumoured for a long time).

If she plays there I would see her likely for Primavera. She is big and sells well (29 arenas in europe), she is young and she is critically acclaimed (Pitchfork gave her an 8). Would be expensive and I’m not totally sure about the crossover between her audience and Primaveras target audience, but maybe its worth sales wise.

Not saying that shes coming for sure, but her name should be considered imho.

BST/Glasto doesn't really suggest anything for Primavera headliners.