Primavera Sound 2025

9 minutes ago, SwallowOrSleepOnTheWetSpot said:

Yet The Cure did play some festivals in 2023 where they had no control over the prices. We also have to consider that the 2022/2023 arena tour was basically the tour for the forthcoming album since 5 new tracks were played regularly. So a festival tour seems more likely, as there's no guarantee they could sell out another arena tour again so soon.

This is true regarding the festivals. I'm just wondering if the TM experience of 2023 has influenced their future decisions regarding it. I'm merely speculating. I think we'll ultimately know the answer around 1st November as I imagine any live plans will be announced on the week of the album launch. I do think they definitely have an arena show draw. it'll be three years since 2022 and off the back of a new album and press, it'll sell well.