Primavera Sound 2025

30 minutes ago, polnico said:

He defo says someting like that. His exact words are:

"I can tell you that the 15th of January 2025, we're in New Zealand (and they should indeed be there). And I even think that in June 25, we're doing Primavera."

It's not a confirmation as he says "think"; but yeah that's as close as we can get.

For anyone wanting to check, it's around the 11min mark in the podcast.

IDLES would be a rubbish booking for me given they haven't really been good or relevant for about half a decade at this point but I'm sure they'll be something else good on.

1 hour ago, scatteredscreens said:

IDLES would be a rubbish booking for me given they haven't really been good or relevant for about half a decade at this point but I'm sure they'll be something else good on.

I can't absolutely agree, saw them few months ago, they are still one of the best live bands, rubbish is a completely different thing...

5 minutes ago, Fabrizzo said:

I can't absolutely agree, saw them few months ago, they are still one of the best live bands, rubbish is a completely different thing...

They’re brilliant; seeing them for the third time is his year at all pally in November.  Can’t wait 

1 hour ago, scatteredscreens said:

They were at their best about 5 years ago. Their material and schtick is very tiresome for me personally.

Ultra Mono will be five years old next year, that has been their low point so far. Last album is my second favourite of theirs. 

10 hours ago, scatteredscreens said:

They were at their best about 5 years ago. Their material and schtick is very tiresome for me personally.

Yeah, the last Album was incredibly boring. Would be a waste of a relatively big spot for me nowadays. But would make sense, they are around mainland Europe in early June and free on Thursday and Friday.

I have become very estranged from them in the last couple years. I've seen some absolutely unacceptable behaviour from Joe Talbot whilst preaching love and peace and unity, which makes me think their politics are more of a style than substance nature.

Its quite surprising that they will put out the line up this early (if the info is correct, but seems legit), probably some big tour nobody knows about yet. PS likes to be the first to announce the respective seasons headline acts, so maybe that "forces" them to announce early. The festival circuit is super quite so far, the only June fests that have annunced acts yet are the German majors and both have line ups largely irrelevant for PS, could only see Idles and Wet Leg play PS. One big acts might hold up everything like AM in 2019.

19 hours ago, diogozsz said:

But like insider information or did they post it somewhere?

I know someone from the organization.

The Cure were practically closed, but they didn't give up and they're definitely not going to Primavera Sound.

If at the end of the month there is no line-up, I will mention 4 of the 5 names I know here.

Antony and the Johnsons is one of the names. For the rest of the names, I leave the music genres below:

Groove metal (Headliner)
Post-punk
Indie pop/alternative dance
hardcore punk

3 minutes ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

The Cure were practically closed, but they didn't give up and they're definitely not going to Primavera Sound.

If at the end of the month there is no line-up, I will mention 4 of the 5 names I know here.

Antony and the Johnsons is one of the names. For the rest of the names, I leave the music genres below:

Groove metal (Headliner)
Post-punk
hardcore punk

You mean Anohni and the Johnsons?

Look, I believe you, but what Groove Metal band could possibly headline Primavera? The only big band I'd see fitting at PS would be Machine Head, but would they be bigger than Deftones? I doubt it

3 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

You mean Anohni and the Johnsons?

Look, I believe you, but what Groove Metal band could possibly headline Primavera? The only big band I'd see fitting at PS would be Machine Head, but would they be bigger than Deftones? I doubt it

What about Gojira? I could see that, and they played in 2017

19 minutes ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

Groove metal (Headliner)
Post-punk
hardcore punk

Since your source is someone from PS Porto, will these be shared names between Porto and Barcelona?

41 minutes ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

Groove metal (Headliner)
Post-punk
hardcore punk

Sorry I was wrong, it's not Groove metal but alternative metal!!! Sorry ,Sorry!!!