Primavera Sound 2025

Kim Gordon, “heronly concert in Spain this year”, referring to their appearance at MIRA Festival 2024 (a festival partnered with Primavera Sound located in Barcelona too, with some artists featured in both) strong candidate for Primavera Sound 2025 or maybe Sonar 2025 but definitely she will be back in spain next year 

IMG_0725.jpeg

Just now, diancieprince said:

Kim Gordon, “heronly concert in Spain this year”, referring to their appearance at MIRA Festival 2024 (a festival partnered with Primavera Sound located in Barcelona too, with some artists featured in both) strong candidate for Primavera Sound 2025 or maybe Sonar 2025 but definitely she will be back in spain next year 

IMG_0725.jpeg

There's also a high chance she just doesnt tour next year no? I don't think she toured No Home Record a lot either

5 minutes ago, diancieprince said:

The phrase "this year" makes me think it's plausible her tour will continue through 2025.

Thats very farfetched, its just promoter lingo to boost tickets sales for that show. Suggesting she'd return next year would even hurt them, so they sure wouldn't do that

Edited by Quadrophobia

They discussed this in interviews a couple of years ago. Thye almost got back together so there is no fundamental limitation. However, they decided not to do it, for various reasons but for the most part Thurston's health (he hasn't toured in years) and, if I remember correctly, Thurston's comment about re-doing these songs from 20-30 years ago not feeling quite right.

Edited by emmanuel
typos

10 minutes ago, emmanuel said:

They discussed this in interviews a couple of years ago. The almost got back together so there is no fundamental limitation. However, they decided not to do it, for various reasons but for the most part Thurston's health (he hasn't toured in years) and, if I remember correctly, Thurston's comment about re-doing these songs from 20-30 years not feeling quite right.

I don't think I've ever seen Kim comment on it, just the others, given what happened it seems like it's ultimately her call to make.

9 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

I don't think I've ever seen Kim comment on it, just the others, given what happened it seems like it's ultimately her call to make.

I am pretty sure she said she wouldn't mind but doesn't care to do it. I mean Sonic Youth has always been a band playing their new albums as 75% of their setlist. Yes they did Daydream Nation in full once but I think fans will agree that the band showing up on stage to play "hits" would be slightly weird at this point.

1 minute ago, emmanuel said:

I am pretty sure she said she wouldn't mind but doesn't care to do it. I mean Sonic Youth has always been a band playing their new albums as 75% of their setlist. Yes they did Daydream Nation in full once but I think fans will agree that the band showing up on stage to play "hits" would be slightly weird at this point.

I did some digging and she said as recently as March as this year 'it wouldn't be as good'.

It'll never happen imo

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

I've read Girl in a Band by Kim Gordon, would be very shocked to see Kim and Thurston on stage together ever again 

yeh i was surprised to hear it. pinch of salt and all that but the dude was reliable 

I am sorry have you been to the festival this year? Charli was clearly one of the names they had invested on, as she basically debuted brat at the festival. There is absolutely zero chance she will do the same set again this year and no, one of the biggest pop stars in the world will not play the fest every year just because the organisers are her friends (they probably aren’t). 
Those repeats you are mentioning are either somehow due to the delayed editions or they had new albums (the national did have in fact 2 new releases!). 
The festival wants to book acts that are yet to release albums to play with hype and attract curious crowds. It’s unusual that they have acts at the end rather that at the very start of an album cycle (idles look weird in this respect but hey, they just smash it every time so I can understand the exception). Maybe they concede that only to very big us stars that had spent the previous year touring their home country (Kendrick, sza…) 

8 hours ago, emmanuel said:

They discussed this in interviews a couple of years ago. Thye almost got back together so there is no fundamental limitation. However, they decided not to do it, for various reasons but for the most part Thurston's health (he hasn't toured in years) and, if I remember correctly, Thurston's comment about re-doing these songs from 20-30 years ago not feeling quite right.

What? Thurston is touring almost every year I think