Primavera Sound 2025

2 minutes ago, Whos3000_ said:

what fools we were believing bands the size of the cure would do festivals in 2025, festivals are announcing alanis morrisette and 30 seconds to mars as headliners lol. Let's hope PS rises the bar as always

yes,  becomes very complicated to understand what the PS will propose, we'll see

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Whos3000_ said:

what fools we were believing bands the size of the cure would do festivals in 2025, festivals are announcing alanis morrisette and 30 seconds to mars as headliners lol. Let's hope PS rises the bar as always

To be fair The Cure were very close to turning up at loads of festivals.

Besides, Primavera can thrive on the lack of big names because it's not a top heavy festival. It's one that books a good undercard. I've been keeping a sheet with who is active next year and the undercard has some fantastic selections. Plus a name like Tyler headlining. It's looking good.

17 minutes ago, Whos3000_ said:

Cruilla nad Bergenfest are notably smaller than PS though.

28 minutes ago, UsernameHere said:

I feel like I'm very OOTL reading this comment, lol. What indie cred does Kesha have?

She’s done songs with Iggy Pop, The Flaming Lips and Charli XCX, she’s been held up as an inspiration or peer by Chappell Roan, Charli XCX and Troye Sivan. And, she’s remarketing herself as an indie artist. 

21 minutes ago, Fabrizzo said:

yes,  becomes very complicated to understand what the PS will propose, we'll see

I'd like them to deliver a 25 bitrthday party line-up with all the regulars and Primavera All Stars:
Tyler, Lorde, Charli, Caribou, Grizzly Bear, Beach House, Mogwai, Alan from Low, some Sonic Youth members...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LMDS said:

I'd like them to deliver a 25 bitrthday party line-up with all the regulars and Primavera All Stars:
Tyler, Lorde, Charli, Caribou, Grizzly Bear, Beach House, Mogwai, Alan from Low, some Sonic Youth members...

except for Grizzly Bear this is the 2022 line up lol

2 minutes ago, pipan said:

Thanks, so two out of three (Fontaines D. C., Glass Animals, Turnstile) will come. Personally, I hope one of them are Glass Animals.

Really cannot imagine they'd book Glass Animals anymore. They went full radiopop after all and the last album was a complete disaster, both critically and commercially

23 minutes ago, chilirocker said:

She’s done songs with Iggy Pop, The Flaming Lips and Charli XCX, she’s been held up as an inspiration or peer by Chappell Roan, Charli XCX and Troye Sivan. And, she’s remarketing herself as an indie artist. 

Interesting, that's news to me. I mainly remember her from having a few very radio-pop songs in the charts in maybe 2010 or something.

20 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

Nova Rock will be announcing new names tomorrow, Rock am Ring/Rock im Park on Wednesday. Typically very little overlap with PS, but we might see some harder hitting names enter the circuit.

If the Information from Porto is correct, I'm assuming Deftones

Is the suggestion that Deftones will play only Porto, or both? My biggest clash last year was Pulp x Deftones. Chose Pulp which I don't regret but would love to see Deftones rebooked. 

2 minutes ago, UsernameHere said:

Interesting, that's news to me. I mainly remember her from having a few very radio-pop songs in the charts in maybe 2010 or something.

Is the suggestion that Deftones will play only Porto, or both? My biggest clash last year was Pulp x Deftones. Chose Pulp which I don't regret but would love to see Deftones rebooked. 

I would assume Porto only.

3 minutes ago, UsernameHere said:

Deftones were suggested for Porto only, wouldn't be rebooked in BCN. I'd say that makes them very likely for the likes of Nova Rock and Rock am Ring, but that point was only to illustrate that despite little overlap, PS sometimes shares artists with these fests.

Edited by Quadrophobia

37 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

Nova Rock will be announcing new names tomorrow, Rock am Ring/Rock im Park on Wednesday. Typically very little overlap with PS, but we might see some harder hitting names enter the circuit.

If the Information from Porto is correct, I'm assuming Deftones

I think the only headliner that can be shared between rock festivals and PS is NIN (if they tour)