Join our friendly community of music lovers and be part of the fun 😎

Primavera Sound 2025

3 minutes ago, UsernameHere said:

Lmao. Not Tyler, not the Cure... Central f**king Cee. What's gone on here? Did Tyler pull out or something?

I do genuinely think that something along these lines must've happened. Not necessarily Tyler, but a headline act has dropped out last minute and left a hole to fill. Announcing 5 of your 6 headliners at once is quite odd, but would at least drum up interest in the future for the 6th one. To announce him the day later, and have him be by some margin the weakest of the bunch, implies that they needed a last minute replacement.

6 minutes ago, JayDiesel said:

I do genuinely think that something along these lines must've happened. Not necessarily Tyler, but a headline act has dropped out last minute and left a hole to fill. Announcing 5 of your 6 headliners at once is quite odd, but would at least drum up interest in the future for the 6th one. To announce him the day later, and have him be by some margin the weakest of the bunch, implies that they needed a last minute replacement.

This discourse is the same every year… we are tired of these f**k ups. Maybe festival scene is just dead as it doesn’t really have traction enough for big artists 

7 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

This is probably a J Balvin type of situation where the fests cooperates with his label on a large scale (re)branding and they got him for very very cheap

But why not bury him in the full lineup announcement then? How did no one recognize how badly it would play out giving him a solo reveal? 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JayDiesel said:

Nobody was asking for another headliner when the lineup dropped. We were satisfied with the other ones, so if it was so last minute they could've taken a month to announce another headliner and have time to find a good one. 

The rage surrounding 25 lineup takes me back to the release of PS 19 lineup (i.e the announcement of Miley Cyrus was huge LOL moment). Was disappointed at that time, yet the atmosphere the festival was incredible.

Not a big fan of 25 lineup, but hopefully the festival will capture the  same energy and thrill.

Just wondering how many people looked at the line up yesterday and thought, yes, not bad but not enough to fork out 300+ euros. 

Then this morning they've gone, wow! Central Cee! I'm in!!!!

Aren't marketing people supposed to think about such things? 

There is a thin line between hyping/teasing and treating your customers with absolute contempt.

I quite like the line up (admittedly I preferred it yesterday) but the roll out has been atrocious.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Bram said:

The rage surrounding 25 lineup takes me back to the release of PS 19 lineup (i.e the announcement of Miley Cyrus was huge LOL moment). Was disappointed at that time, yet the atmosphere the festival was incredible.

Not a big fan of 25 lineup, but hopefully the festival will capture the  same energy and thrill.

the uproar around the 2019 lineup still makes me laugh.  like you say the atmosphere was great & I'd say one of my favourite Primaveras

we could all bang on until June 2025 about how we don't like the lineup but won't make one drop of difference once actually there (and complaining about too many clashes)

42 minutes ago, livenstu said:

the uproar around the 2019 lineup still makes me laugh.  like you say the atmosphere was great & I'd say one of my favourite Primaveras

we could all bang on until June 2025 about how we don't like the lineup but won't make one drop of difference once actually there (and complaining about too many clashes)

I mean, 2019 was a step away from Indie, but Solange, Janelle Monae, Erykah Badu and Rosalia are unquestionably fitting acts and even Future and Cardi B weren't bad bookings from my pov although I personally don't like them.

But Sabrina Carpenter and Central Cee feel more like the equivalent of 2023s Maneskin and Calvin Harris.

I might be overthinking this, but...

Surely they knew that announcing Central Cee as a "One more thing..." type of deal would garner negative reactions like this.

That and the way the updated poster is designed makes me think they're trying something new and we will get a few more of these single announcements. Like "actually, two more things..." or something like that.

Right now, counting Central Cee equally to our pop girlies, there are four white names (main headliners) on the poster and only two green names (I guess sub-headliners?). Why this imbalance?

Theres also still plenty of space under the two rows on the right, enough to fit one or two, maybe even three more rows without it looking off.

8 minutes ago, longcat said:

I might be overthinking this, but...

Surely they knew that announcing Central Cee as a "One more thing..." type of deal would garner negative reactions like this.

That and the way the updated poster is designed makes me think they're trying something new and we will get a few more of these single announcements. Like "actually, two more things..." or something like that.

Right now, counting Central Cee equally to our pop girlies, there are four white names (main headliners) on the poster and only two green names (I guess sub-headliners?). Why this imbalance?

Theres also still plenty of space under the two rows on the right, enough to fit one or two, maybe even three more rows without it looking off.

Sorry but this is delusional 

Just now, longcat said:

Alright sorry boss, let's go back to negativity 👍

I'm actually content really, yeah I'd have expected something different but have mulled it over and they can just put some of the more indie acts against central cee/sabrina and it'll still be excellent.

Edited by scatteredscreens

8 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

4 White and 2 Green means two heads per day, one day with two of the big names.

Sounds plausible, but then why even mark Twigs and LCD as somewhat of a lower level instead of just making them white as well? Just for yesterday's "Trifecta" moment?

Like I'm not trying to dream up a better line-up, I love it as it is, I'm just wondering what they're doing because it's odd.

4 minutes ago, longcat said:

Sounds plausible, but then why even mark Twigs and LCD as somewhat of a lower level instead of just making them white as well? Just for yesterday's "Trifecta" moment?

Like I'm not trying to dream up a better line-up, I love it as it is, I'm just wondering what they're doing because it's odd.

If there is something we can take home from their rollout is that there is no strong agenda behind it

What if we have 6 white and 3 green names in the end and we‘ll have „one more thing“ the next three days with sale start on Tuesday?

Gives them daily attention and clicks.

I‘d think it makes sense to have the same amout of white and green acts each day.

Edited by Karlos12345
  • Like 1