Join our friendly community of music lovers and be part of the fun 😎

Primavera Sound 2025

10 minutes ago, Karlos12345 said:

What if we have 6 white and 3 green names in the end and we‘ll have „one more thing“ the next three days with sale start on Tuesday?

Gives them daily attention and clicks.

I‘d think it makes sense to have the same amout of white and green acts each day.

So you mean we are still missing 2 big names plus 2 mid size? I mean I can easily see them adding more artists but not so many and not so important. 

On 10/15/2024 at 2:33 PM, Whos3000_ said:

I am sorry have you been to the festival this year? Charli was clearly one of the names they had invested on, as she basically debuted brat at the festival. There is absolutely zero chance she will do the same set again this year and no, one of the biggest pop stars in the world will not play the fest every year just because the organisers are her friends (they probably aren’t). 
Those repeats you are mentioning are either somehow due to the delayed editions or they had new albums (the national did have in fact 2 new releases!). 
The festival wants to book acts that are yet to release albums to play with hype and attract curious crowds. It’s unusual that they have acts at the end rather that at the very start of an album cycle (idles look weird in this respect but hey, they just smash it every time so I can understand the exception). Maybe they concede that only to very big us stars that had spent the previous year touring their home country (Kendrick, sza…) 

Hope you liked the line-up and seeing Charli again 🙂

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

I'm actually content really, yeah I'd have expected something different but have mulled it over and they can just put some of the more indie acts against central cee/sabrina and it'll still be excellent.

Was thinking the same, how great would it be to have Anohni and TV on the Radio playing same time as Sabrina and this Central Cee?

Don't want to be the guy who pretends not to know the headliners, as of course I had heard of Sabrina and Chappell, but Central Cee I really had to google.

For the non-Dutch persons (which is probably over 99% of this forum), I truly recommend Tramhaus! Excellent liveband and excited to see they made it to this year's lineup, well deserved. Last gig in Paradiso felt like a greatest hits show despite only having released their debut album the week before and got raving 5 star reviews.

Edited by Marty76

— White big names (headliners)

Central Cee 

Chappell Roan 

Charli xcx 

Sabrina Carpenter 

— Light green names (sub headliners) 

Fka twigs 

LCD SoundSystem 

different styles / fonts, and the headliner title isn’t always rigid but last year they highlighted more names for that position 11 exactly 

I don’t feel there will be many more “big” additions that would really change my feelings this year about the festival, but it definitely feels a bit unusual.

IMG_0897.jpeg

Edited by diancieprince
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Nesser said:

Hope you liked the line-up and seeing Charli again 🙂

You won, but AT WHAT COST

in fact, I do like the lineup. For the first time in years I actually thought about selling the ticket though. Then I remembered that beach house are in. 

In other words: I think that their most loyal fanbase is starting to consider detox. Another year like this and we won’t survive  

Edited by Whos3000_

22 minutes ago, diancieprince said:

— White big names (headliners)

Central Cee 

Chappell Roan 

Charli xcx 

Sabrina Carpenter 

— Light green names (sub headliners) 

Fka twigs 

LCD SoundSystem 

different styles / fonts, and the headliner title isn’t always rigid but last year they highlighted more names for that position 11 exactly 

I don’t feel there will be many more “big” additions that would really change my feelings this year about the festival, but it definitely feels a bit unusual.

IMG_0897.jpeg

I think we are reading too much into it. Central cee will be downgraded to green in the future posters. It was highlighted today just because of the announcement 

5 minutes ago, Whos3000_ said:

I think we are reading too much into it. Central cee will be downgraded to green in the future posters. It was highlighted today just because of the announcement 

yeah, I guess so too. He's still not on the poster on their website, let's see how it looks there

other option (less likely)- he's headlining Wednesday. Putting personal taste aside, he's clearly not as big as the three women headliners

I think I'm correct in saying Primavera is now run (and fully owned?) by one person, Gabi, whereas it used to be 2 or 3 people?  Perhaps he was always the pop fan and is now getting his own way. 

Lana del Rey must also have made the sums add up last year, and that strategy is now being rolled out across all 3 days.  

Someone mentioned above that J Balvin played as part of a "rebrand".  What's the story there?

I think they have gone to their trad white rock/heritage rock well so many times, its now empty?  Just lately off the top of my head they got Cave, Blur, they got Depeche Mode (!), and they had Vampire Weekend as a European exclusive.  Who could they have gone after for 2025?  They have Fontaines DC who have definitely blossomed but not quite to headliner extent.  They have Idles who I think have clearly already peaked.  Bon Iver? NIN?  The Cure?  I saw the Cure at Primavera in 2012 and it was brilliant but their fans also camped out at the (then) main stage and dominated the fest in the way that folk are now whingeing the Sabrina and Roan fans will... 

18 minutes ago, Johndenis said:

I think I'm correct in saying Primavera is now run (and fully owned?) by one person, Gabi, whereas it used to be 2 or 3 people?  Perhaps he was always the pop fan and is now getting his own way. 

Lana del Rey must also have made the sums add up last year, and that strategy is now being rolled out across all 3 days.  

Someone mentioned above that J Balvin played as part of a "rebrand".  What's the story there?

I think they have gone to their trad white rock/heritage rock well so many times, its now empty?  Just lately off the top of my head they got Cave, Blur, they got Depeche Mode (!), and they had Vampire Weekend as a European exclusive.  Who could they have gone after for 2025?  They have Fontaines DC who have definitely blossomed but not quite to headliner extent.  They have Idles who I think have clearly already peaked.  Bon Iver? NIN?  The Cure?  I saw the Cure at Primavera in 2012 and it was brilliant but their fans also camped out at the (then) main stage and dominated the fest in the way that folk are now whingeing the Sabrina and Roan fans will... 

it doesn’t need to be be a guitar band, having a big electronic name or a big hip hop name or a big r&b name or ever big Latin name would more sense. Instead we have 3 big pop artists and one wannabe hip hop headliner that is not that even popular and we can see that from the commments today in their socials. Orc the the core Primavera fans would never like that type of the name, but even the newgoers that are mainly there for newer and commercial names like Roan, Charli and so on, they don’t like Central Cee either. Why was he even added and why now? I don’t think he’s gonna make any difference both to the lineup and to sales, and why not adding him at a later point when the day splits come or when the Ciudad names drop. I really cannot understand. 

19 minutes ago, Johndenis said:

Nope Alfonzo Lanza is also the co-director, in fact Alfonzo is seen as the more 'public facing' one over Gabi these days. He doesn't seem particularly like a pop guy but he's got a varied taste that you need to be booking a festival like primavera.

I think in a few months we'll realise that the options for the more 'indie'/old school primavera headliners weren't there. The rest of Europe is going to be booking the likes of Linkin Park and Green Day, I'd rather them book Sabrina/Chappell over those any day of the week, even though I definitely won't be at Sabrina's set and probably not Chappell's.

I'm still laughing at the announcement. Honestly. Have you ever heard anyone say yeah Central Cee is my favourite artist of all time. No ofc not

Unrelated to that, I'm surprised Refused weren't booked actually. Really thought they'd do some European dates as part of their final tour but apparently not? 

1 hour ago, Marty76 said:

Was thinking the same, how great would it be to have Anohni and TV on the Radio playing same time as Sabrina and this Central Cee?

Don't want to be the guy who pretends not to know the headliners, as of course I had heard of Sabrina and Chappell, but Central Cee I really had to google.

For the non-Dutch persons (which is probably over 99% of this forum), I truly recommend Tramhaus! Excellent liveband and excited to see they made it to this year's lineup, well deserved. Last gig in Paradiso felt like a greatest hits show despite only having released their debut album the week before and got raving 5 star reviews.

Just listened to a few Tramhaus songs. I like them. I can see them doing a ciutat show 

19 minutes ago, Johndenis said:

Good points.

They basically need REM, The White Stripes or The Smiths to reform.

And they should rebook The Cure,  it’s been easily long enough.

38 minutes ago, Whos3000_ said:

Yeah we have 4 headliners for each day let’s say, and then LCD that can be a subheadliner let’s say for the day of Charli and Twigs for the day of Cental Cee. What about the rest of the days? Are we going to have only one big name and then a bunch of smaller names? That’s is very odd and weird, the only explanation that I have is that this lineup is purely based on the 3 pop girlies and they expect to sell on that, plus the undercard is good so they know the core Prima fans will stilly be mostly there. For a festival of 300€ and such a rich history this is a bit sloppy, either hire more names for the undercard or more bigger names. 

• Upvote 2

I'm sure they tried for The Cure, but they aren't active! As confirmed by Robert Smith himself (touring in Autumn).

Next summer looks like a rough year for festivals in general. Chappell, Sabrina, Charli will sell shedloads of tickets. I'd have liked a bit more 'classic' primavera stuff on the line up but there's enough there should clashes pan out.

Edited by scatteredscreens

12 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

I'm sure they tried for The Cure, but they aren't active! As confirmed by Robert Smith himself (touring in Autumn).

Next summer looks like a rough year for festivals in general. Chappell, Sabrina, Charli will sell shedloads of tickets. I'd have liked a bit more 'classic' primavera stuff on the line up but there's enough there should clashes pan out.

Bit early for it to be a rough year? Rock am Ring looks very solid, Nova Rock a level down as standard.. and thats it?

3 minutes ago, gingerevans84 said:

Bit early for it to be a rough year? Rock am Ring looks very solid, Nova Rock a level down as standard.. and thats it?

Rock Am Ring and Nova Rock look terrible to me. But that's my own taste.

Feel free to come back to my post later on as I'm just guessing based on what is rumoured and announced so far, but I predict the acts people are wanting at Primavera won't be elsewhere in Europe this summer I assume (The Cure, NIN, Bon Iver etc.)

1 hour ago, festivalguy97 said:

Yeah we have 4 headliners for each day let’s say, and then LCD that can be a subheadliner let’s say for the day of Charli and Twigs for the day of Cental Cee. What about the rest of the days? Are we going to have only one big name and then a bunch of smaller names? That’s is very odd and weird, the only explanation that I have is that this lineup is purely based on the 3 pop girlies and they expect to sell on that, plus the undercard is good so they know the core Prima fans will stilly be mostly there. For a festival of 300€ and such a rich history this is a bit sloppy, either hire more names for the undercard or more bigger names. 

What do you mean?

Charli + LCD

Chapell + FKA Twigs

Sabrina + Central Cee

There is no rule that says their have to be three names in the headline, in 2018 and 23 there were two names per day (until New Order got added). Also someone doesn't shift more or less tickets if they are in a different font, so poster placements really don't matter for sales.

The rest of your comment just doesn't make sense, if what you are saying is essentially that they are resting on their headliners being good and their undercard being good (so the entire thing, no?), what is sloppy about that

I think the thing that many people here don't understand is that the number one factor that makes or breaks a line up is availability. If the year is weak on "traditional" names, then PS can't do anything about it. If Tyler doesn't want to do PS or competing/clashing fests offered a better package, they can't do anything about it. They didn'T pick this line up from a walmart that has every act stocked, its a farmers market that offers whats in season

As much as I am not loving this line up, once we know what the rest of the festival summer will look like, we'll appreciate this booking once again. There are fests that are being headlined by falling in Reverse or Electric Callboy, so even if I don't like her, I'd take Sabrina Carpenter over that anytime

Edited by Quadrophobia
  • Upvote 1

Primavera has more than 150 artists. I don't think there is such thing as a "rough" year. It is not like those 150 artists are on average worse than those who played last year. Personally, it has been perhaps 5 years since the lineup reveal has reserved any surprise (Pavement 2nd reunion, maybe?). Sure, Depeche Mode or New Order were not expected, and good for the money, but they were not surprises in the sense of something you couldn't already see someplace else. So to me the lineup from this year is pretty much as I expected it would be.

1 hour ago, katyaz said:

I'm still laughing at the announcement. Honestly. Have you ever heard anyone say yeah Central Cee is my favourite artist of all time. No ofc not

Unrelated to that, I'm surprised Refused weren't booked actually. Really thought they'd do some European dates as part of their final tour but apparently not? 

Just listened to a few Tramhaus songs. I like them. I can see them doing a ciutat show 

They were closing act at Primavera Pro last year, in '25 they'll probably get a nice spot at the former Adidas/Albini stage.

Spending my Friday working from home listening to the Beach House catalogue, damn I love this band!