Primavera Sound 2025

All starting to merge together in my head!!

The new era feels different to the old era, a lot of changes for the better, many are worse (they love tinkering). But what matters most (by far) is the lineup and no other festival in the world with such amazing curation and diversity. 

The best evidence for this is I could have chosen a totally different path through the three days and still seen amazing stuff.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Similar to above shuttle query I have some Qs about the tram service: I know it runs all night but how frequent are they, how packed do they get (is it always possible to board at Forum?) and what is the terminus and do all trams go there.

25 minutes ago, thetime said:

Looking at hotels for next year.

How reliable are the shuttle buses to placa catalunya? 

The new massively extended tram line is almost complete and will run direct from the Forum to Verdaguer next year so I would recommend everyone look at Gracia or east part of Eixample for cheaper hotels.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, thetime said:

Looking at hotels for next year.

How reliable are the shuttle buses to placa catalunya? 

Super reliable. 2 euros on access ticket app.

Once one is filled the next one pulls up. 

Great system.

Only complaint is they would'nt let us bring our beers on the bus!

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

The new massively extended tram line is almost complete and will run direct from the Forum to Verdaguer next year so I would recommend everyone look at Gracia or east part of Eixample for cheaper hotels.

I was staying in El Born. 

Taxi down each day and shuttle bus back.

1500 quid but great location.

15 hours ago, Hip Priest said:

Similar to above shuttle query I have some Qs about the tram service: I know it runs all night but how frequent are they, how packed do they get (is it always possible to board at Forum?) and what is the terminus and do all trams go there.

Got it there and back all four days this year, staying up near Glories. No issues at all, maybe a 10-15 minute wait but they weren't packed (mind, I tended to leave between 2 and 3 each night before the final Mordor act finished)

On 6/4/2024 at 9:35 PM, MeMeMeM said:

Jaimie Branch would be great but...you know that she's dead, right?

Shiiiiiit, I didn't know. 

Loved the album from last year, but had no clue that was released after she passed away.

On 6/5/2024 at 11:34 AM, chilirocker said:

Flaming Lips doing Yoshimi in May in the UK - perfect Wednesday headliner…

The dates don't really line up unfortunately - April 25 to May 5 in UK and Ireland. 

Perhaps they'll announce a European leg soon and that will see them stick around for the month but at the moment, id say they're more likely to not play. 

I see they're also doing the Soft Bulletin live at the end of August this year. What a pair of shows those would be if PS could snag them both! 

• Upvote 1

Lorde seems to be teasing something. At least fans are reading it that way, cause she rarely posts anything not album or tour-related.

I do think she absolutely smashed her headline set in 2022, even tho Solar Power was not her best work, one of my favourite moments at Primavera.

And if they can have The National, Charli and Phoenix back after two years, I don't see why not her with a three year gap, if she has a new album ready.

1 minute ago, MrTobs said:

Lorde seems to be teasing something. At least fans are reading it that way, cause she rarely posts anything not album or tour-related.

I do think she absolutely smashed her headline set in 2022, even tho Solar Power was not her best work, one of my favourite moments at Primavera.

And if they can have The National, Charli and Phoenix back after two years, I don't see why not her with a three year gap, if she has a new album ready.

I'd take her. In 2018 I chose Slowdive + Grizzly Bear over Lorde and in 2022 I chose to stay in a hotel bed with covid. So it would be nice to finally see her.

Additionaly, I can totally see Phoebe Bridgers as a top line artist with a new album (she deleted all her instagram-posts) and Clairo right before her (or before Lorde as intended before her drop-out in 2022 if I remember correctly).

Some others I'd love to see:

Cassandra Jenkins

Geese

Fontaines D.C.

Hotline TNT

Big Thief/Adrianne Lenker

Kim Gordon 

Bill Ryder-Jones

Brittany Howard

feeble little horse

Sampha

Cleo Sol