Primavera Sound 2025

2 hours ago, LMDS said:

Well, technically, she didn't headline previously. Unless you consider the 5th and last name of the 1st row in the days' split a headliner, something they said they did as a simbolic 'girls to the front' thing, consisting of having a bunch of women in the first line, while the rest of the days (and most of the years) have only 3 headliners.

Actually in the general lineup (with the names altogether) Charli is in second level

Portada[1].jpeg

Being top line on the day split poster counts as being a headliner. I bet she negotiated that later on.

2 hours ago, ibo said:

She played 2022 as well 

and did she not get one of those PS award thing?

like the national or PJ Harvey received? 
“you’re part of the PS family thing…”

Yes, she received the “Can’t do without you award”. Considering how much they like her and she likes the festival I guess its not imposible to have her for the third time in 4 years. It wouldn’t be the freshest booking though.

Could see her as the third name of the top line. Second may seem cheap considering the repetition, or maybe not when we see the billing she is getting in other fests.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, LMDS said:

I think she can tour again next summer, but I'm not sure that she would repeat primavera.. Not saying that it's impossible but I think Mad Cool has more chances of having her. Usually Primavera anticipates to an artist's boom (sometimes too much), and then Mad Cool just bring them the next year once the popularity is bigger (and their price, higher). Lizzo and others are coming to my mind now. But having in mind that Charli XCX is almost a curator of Primavera Sound (she has been in 3 of the last 4 editions -2019,2022 and 2024- and almost everyone she have worked with, has also played in the fest, just have a look to her list of featurings) I wouldn't rule her out 100%. Actually, by the time she played in June, the album hadn't been released yet, and 'brat' wasn't such a thing (except for the few people on lime green tops we saw that day). I understand why people think she could come back... again, but if I have to bet my money, I'd say that Primavera will spend their budget on another different artist as a claim... if they can.

Caroline Polachek and Fred Again both played 2022 and 2023. Technically Charli’s album didn’t come out when she played Primavera, and there are rumours that there might be another album of new music and the Brat remix album before next summer, so it could be justified.  

1 hour ago, matrainertje said:

Played it this year. 

She played it pre-BRAT (although it included a few BRAT songs). She’s a Primavera darling, her popularity skyrocketed and she’d have a new set focusing on BRAT. Can totally see them bringing her back again in 2025 for a way bigger slot honestly. 

For not being a BRAT show, she played 7 songs from the album with a big green 'brat' curtain behind. And that being a setlist for festivals. Of course, Apple, Guess and Girl so confusing weren't a thing yet.

2 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

I believe that if there is one artist you could legitimately bring for two years b2b its Charli

Yep. I agree, but the thing is that is not just two years in a row. It would be 4 of the 5 last consecutive edtions. I said it before: 2019-covid gap-2022-2024-2025? She would have only skipped 2023 edition.

B2b b2b b2b b2b b2b….

Charli ‘can’t do without you’ award is gonna play every year 

like The National 

until we get sick of her 😂 

The same way I don’t even bother going to see the National anymore 

(though their Razzmatazz show was brilliant!) 

28 minutes ago, LMDS said:

Yep. I agree, but the thing is that is not just two years in a row. It would be 4 of the 5 last consecutive edtions. I said it before: 2019-covid gap-2022-2024-2025? She would have only skipped 2023 edition.

And she was one of the few artists who played both weekends in 2022. On top she did a secret set this year, so it would be 6 sets in the last 5 editions if she comes next year. (She was also supposed to play the PC music event in Ciutat in 2022, but dropped out).

What about this.

Weds Opening gig: Interpol play Antics

Thurs: The Cure | FKA Twigs| electronic name
Fri: Charli XCX | NIN | electronic name 
Sat: Tyler The Creator | Chappell Roan | electronic name 

can't think of electronic names akin to Justice/Disclosure to close Mordor, maybe Jamie XX, Four Tet and Floating Points (floating points might be too small?)

2 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

What about this.

can't think of electronic names akin to Justice/Disclosure to close Mordor, maybe Jamie XX, Four Tet and Floating Points (floating points might be too small?)

He’d be a main headliner rather than a closing act, so would maybe make things a bit too big, but Fred Again for one of the days?

She’s obviously not in the same style as the ones you mentioned but I could see Twigs as a Mordor closer.

11 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

He’d be a main headliner rather than a closing act, so would maybe make things a bit too big, but Fred Again for one of the days?

She’s obviously not in the same style as the ones you mentioned but I could see Twigs as a Mordor closer.

Yeah didn't put Fred down for that reason. I could see him taking a main slot. I love both and it'd be more to my taste but I dont know how I feel about The Cure and NIN, I feel like we'll only get one of the two at best unfortunately.

14 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

Yeah didn't put Fred down for that reason. I could see him taking a main slot. I love both and it'd be more to my taste but I dont know how I feel about The Cure and NIN, I feel like we'll only get one of the two at best unfortunately.

Yeah, I’m sure Primavera would be very keen to book both but equally I’m sure Mad Cool and maybe even Bilbao BBK would be after them too, particularly The Cure.

27 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

What about this.

I'd be so excited for The Cure or NIN but feel like neither will happen.

Electronic wise there are a few legendary acts I'm always hoping for who've never played Primavera. I'd love any of Orbital, Kraftwerk, Chems, Underworld, Jean Michel Jarre. I get the sense the Chems in particular are just not fancied by the festival. Maybe they tour too much of the same material - similar to the likes of Pixies (who I'd also happily take tbh).

Floating Points is great and I hope he's booked but he wouldn't be a headliner.

10 minutes ago, UsernameHere said:

Electronic wise there are a few legendary acts I'm always hoping for who've never played Primavera. I'd love any of Orbital, Kraftwerk, Chems, Underworld, Jean Michel Jarre. I get the sense the Chems in particular are just not fancied by the festival. Maybe they tour too much of the same material - similar to the likes of Pixies (who I'd also happily take tbh).

I think we're bound to get one. There's not many legacy bigger bands around next year by the looks of it.

11 minutes ago, UsernameHere said:

Wasn't proposing FP as a headliner , just trying to keep in the theme of an electronic act closing Mordor each night.