Primavera Sound 2025

44 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

three years is long enough to return after, i don't see a problem there. Typical Sonar material

The Cure thing is what I'm talking about here constantly: It doesn't make sense to assign random probabilities to acts we know nothing about. Sure, The Cure were a general candidate, but y'all were sure they MUST be there (🔥🔥🔥🔥indicated like what, 80%?). Things just don't work like that and sometimes someone just decides he doesn't feel like festivals. So unless theres tourdates in Europe around PS or someone specifically said they'd be at PS, the reasonable thing is to assume nothing.

Turns out my info was correct and those Twitter accounts were doing exactly what everyone here would not belive: Making things up on the internet, just because. Still, everyone discussed that as if there was any truth behind it.

Every f***in year y'all build up stellar expectations by collectively daydreaming and every year people are disappointed when reality hits

Just so you know, a newly created account on reddit said the line up will be out Tuesday, shall we discuss that for three pages?

80%? 40% as maximum, if you can read (actually you can see they have been a close possibility as we suggested before album was teased). Oh wait, your "info" is the only correct one, everyone's else is just esotericism xD

Yes, you've said that already here, constantly (as you said), so what's the point in saying it the same one more time?? The people here, in this and all of the other festivals' threads and forums discuss the possibilities of the line up every year until it is announced. You can come back in late November/December and we'll talk about artists truly coming but until that I think people will continue expressing their desires, guessing names, checking tour dates, spreading rumours, sharing everything they find online, and pretty much the same as any other festival forum I guess.

Actually, every year we discard some names based on this kind of info, and we anticipates 5-10 that will come that helps people to imagine part of the global lineup. I think that if someone is disappointed because trusted an internet mockup poster with Taylor swift, Paul McCartney and Red Hot Chili Peppers it is just because they don't know well the festival, and with this discussion we're focusing on this: what kind of artists "could" actually come. Nobody is promising anything but we're avoiding disappointments because of Oasis, Muse, Coldplay and Rihanna.

30 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

Anyone who takes speculation as fact and then gets disappointed at this point is silly anyway. Just a bit of fun to see who's potentially active etc and who could play. No point getting aggressive over it.

How was my post agressive?

I'm constantly getting sh*t here for weighing in on the discussions, when everyone preaches an "open" discussion, but that somehow doesn't seem to involve actually discussing likelihoods of artists that someone just wishes to be there.

30 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

Anyone who takes speculation as fact and then gets disappointed at this point is silly anyway. Just a bit of fun to see who's potentially active etc and who could play. No point getting aggressive over it.

Remind me about that when the  line up is out

Edited by Quadrophobia