Primavera Sound 2025

Can someone explain me while we are predicting acts that literally just played? Of course there will be no charli xcx or deftones this year. 

I am assuming TOOL as the alternative metal headliner (we know that they are playing a non metal fest in us next year), maybe knocked loose/chat pile for hardcore punk (loose fit?)? Magdalena bay for dance pop and Fontaines/idles for post punk 

Edited by Whos3000_
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Whos3000_ said:

Can someone explain me while we are predicting acts that literally just played? Of course there will be no charli xcx or deftones this year. 

I am assuming TOOL as the alternative metal headliner (we know that they are playing a non metal fest in us next year), maybe knocked loose/chat pile for hardcore punk (loose fit?)? Magdalena bay for dance pop and Fontaines/idles for post punk 

The user that spoke about an alternative metal band specifically stated that he was refering to PS Porto and that the band played last year at PS Barcelona, thats why people are talking about Deftones.

Edited by Trk
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Trk said:

The user that spoke about an alternative metal band specifically stated that he was refering to PS Porto and that the band played last year at PS Barcelona, thats why people are talking about Deftones.

Thanks. I don’t think that Porto would have a headliner from ps2025 Barcelona. I concede that it is a speculation so specific that it seems to be true but it doesn’t make sense at all to me 

4 minutes ago, Whos3000_ said:

Thanks. I don’t think that Porto would have a headliner from ps2025 Barcelona. I concede that it is a speculation so specific that it seems to be true but it doesn’t make sense at all to me 

Yes, I find it odd also, but at the same time it's so specific that makes me doubt.

Anyway, I'd say the most important part of the information he got through his source it's that the lineup is coming at the end of the month. If that is really true, we should start seeing some movement soon (updating social media accounts and so). I find it hard to believe, but let's see.

Daniel has had loads of info on Parades in the past (another Porto festival) so I wouldnt doubt him.

Deftones makes complete sense if they are in Europe hitting up the likes of Hellfest/Download (just speculation but seems likely) etc, they can easily come over to Porto and with the prior working relationship it would likely be easy to secure for Primavera.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

Daniel has had loads of info on Parades in the past (another Porto festival) so I wouldnt doubt him.

I know, thats why I'm taking what he says into consideration. Well, that and the fact that both festivals are somehow related, so if it is the same source, we could be onto something here. In any case, we will see soon enough.

32 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

Deftones makes complete sense if they are in Europe hitting up the likes of Hellfest/Download (just speculation but seems likely) etc, they can easily come over to Porto and with the prior working relationship it would likely be easy to secure for Primavera.

Just for clarification  Paredes de Coura is a town that belongs to the  district of Viana do Castelo.   Porto has nothing to do with Paredes de Coura (despite being the nearest portuguese airport)  

However,  i know Daniel personally,  and i can confirm that his sources are usually very reliable , what today may be a lock,  tomorrow it can change. So let's be calm and wait for the line up

21 minutes ago, Tigane said:

Just for clarification  Paredes de Coura is a town that belongs to the  district of Viana do Castelo.   Porto has nothing to do with Paredes de Coura (despite being the nearest portuguese airport)  

However,  i know Daniel personally,  and i can confirm that his sources are usually very reliable , what today may be a lock,  tomorrow it can change. So let's be calm and wait for the line up

Apologies for the mix up!

20 minutes ago, Tigane said:

And as I understand, Daniel is mostly talking about Primavera Porto, and we all know that secondary names from Barcelona (most of the times) are headliners at Porto. Sometimes Prima Porto even has different names, so Prima Porto booking Deftones or something like that without Barcelona booking them wouldn't surprise me. So I'm saying all of this so that people don't get too many ideas about Barcelona lineup, because once again this is Barcelona page forum not Porto. What I see that is relevant is that if Porto lineup drops beginning or middle of November then it means that Barcelona lineup might drop within 2 to 4 weeks. 

5 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

And as I understand, Daniel is mostly talking about Primavera Porto, and we all know that secondary names from Barcelona (most of the times) are headliners at Porto. Sometimes Prima Porto even has different names, so Prima Porto booking Deftones or something like that without Barcelona booking them wouldn't surprise me. So I'm saying all of this so that people don't get too many ideas about Barcelona lineup, because once again this is Barcelona page forum not Porto. What I see that is relevant is that if Porto lineup drops beginning or middle of November then it means that Barcelona lineup might drop within 2 to 4 weeks. 

What i read from Daniel, is that at the end of October we will have the line up from Barcelona, then on November it will be the time for Porto.

Fred again.. PS'22 Weekend 2 (original booking): Pitchfork stage 10pm

Fred again.. PS'22 Weekend 1 (later booking as a replacement): Ray-Ban stage 12am

Fred again.. PS'23: Mordor 12am

Caroline Polachek PS'22: Pitchfork stage 10pm

Caroline Polachek PS'22: Mordor 11pm

But somehow you read this page and the artist with the biggest album of the year who has played the festival several times in the past cannot play again in 2025.

36 minutes ago, Nesser said:

Fred again.. PS'22 Weekend 2 (original booking): Pitchfork stage 10pm

Fred again.. PS'22 Weekend 1 (later booking as a replacement): Ray-Ban stage 12am

Fred again.. PS'23: Mordor 12am

Caroline Polachek PS'22: Pitchfork stage 10pm

Caroline Polachek PS'22: Mordor 11pm

But somehow you read this page and the artist with the biggest album of the year who has played the festival several times in the past cannot play again in 2025.

If you mean Charli, then I'd say it could happen, and I'd be happy with it, but it would also be a bit lazy to have her play her 6th set in 5 editions, which is a lot more than your examples, that's why I'd say it's rather unlikely.

Also cause I think the 2022 and 2023 repeats might have been due to them being booked/planned for 2020/2021 and 2023 with the former editions getting postponed to 2022.

Edited by MrTobs
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Whos3000_ said:

Furthermore, if we really are starting with a lineup that was built around cure for them not to be there it does not look good for this year lol 

As already stated they weren't booked, just in negotiations. Loads of acts get approached and then don't play, it's not the end of the world. I would love them to be there (huge fan) but the omission of one act doesn't ruin the festival.

1 hour ago, MrTobs said:

If you mean Charli, then I'd say it could happen, and I'd be happy with it, but it would also be a bit lazy to have her play her 6th set in 5 editions, which is a lot more than your examples, that's why I'd say it's rather unlikely.

Also cause I think the 2022 and 2023 repeats might have been due to them being booked/planned for 2020/2021 and 2023 with the former editions getting postponed to 2022.

We have seen similar before though. I thought The National's (double set) return last year was a lazy booking so I wouldn't be surprised to see her back. There are a few acts that play almost every other year.

3 hours ago, Fnmentaluk said:

If the lineup does come this month , must be the earliest lineup announcement ever for primavera.

It’s been very quiet with all the festivals and concerts in 2025. By this time, in previous years, we would at least have a couple of solid big names. But this time we don’t even know who’s touring next year. And the ones that I personally expected for Primavera 2025 like Billie Eilish, Dua Lipa, Childish Gambino and others, seem to be ruler out. And I don’t think that we will have money announcements from other festivals till beginning of November. So if Primavera drops their lineup, it will be the first full lineup of the year, and if it’s solid and consistent, by Christmas they can already sell well or even have a day or two sold out.