Join our friendly community of music lovers and be part of the fun 😎

Primavera Sound 2025

Just now, scatteredscreens said:

It'll be one on each day with then one of Twigs, LCD and Central Cee I assume.

I wouldn't rule out something like this... 

Chapell Roan - Sabrina Carpenter - Jamie xx to close out main arena 

Fka Twigs - Lcd soundsystem - Charlie xcx

Fontaines - Central Cee - caribou to close out 

We've seen Jamie and caribou play after the main headline acts before, so wouldn't be a shock. And Charlie seems to have the Primavera cred that could see her do it. 

Admittedly I'm not as closely following pop music as other stuff so perhaps I've gone way too strong on one day and weak on another, but you get what I mean, I think. 

4 minutes ago, ConfidenceMan said:

We've seen Jamie and caribou play after the main headline acts before, so wouldn't be a shock. And Charlie seems to have the Primavera cred that could see her do it. 

Admittedly I'm not as closely following pop music as other stuff so perhaps I've gone way too strong on one day and weak on another, but you get what I mean, I think. 

Swap Central Cee with Sabrina Carpenter and I think you're spot on. They will spread the 3 girls across the 3 days because it will generate the most sales for them. The only exception I could see is if availability forced their hand and they weren't able to do that, but if they had any choice in it they won't overlap.

6 minutes ago, ConfidenceMan said:

I'm not saying there won't be an electronic closer. I was talking about where the headliners were going. 

I'm sure they're going to put each of the pop names on their own day to maximise sales.

There are 3 main slots each day (vampire weekend -->pulp -->justice // ldr-->national-->disclosure) with some exceptions (depeche mode-->Kendrick-->fred again+skrillex, for instance). 

I could see: 

beach house, lcd soundystem and fontaines dc in the opening slot 

sabrina carpenter, chappell roan and charli in the middle slot

jamie xx, central cee and twigs in the closing slot. 

wednesday headliner? no idea

turnstile, idles, haimm maybe denzel curry look like amazon headliners to me; 
tv on the radio, anhoni, caribou, stereolab-->peak time cupra material? 

floating points, kelly lee and confidence man late night ron brugal/cupra? 

Edited by Whos3000_

LCD SoundSystem  - Sabrina Carpenter / Chapele Roan  - Jaime xx

??? - Central Cee - FKA twigs 

??? - Sabrina Carpenter / Chapell Roan - Charli XCX

Charli XCX and Jaime XX for sure will close their days and maybe FKA since her album will take inspiration from underground rave culture in Prague (at least its that what she said)

Edited by diancieprince

6 minutes ago, Whos3000_ said:

There are 3 main slots each day (vampire weekend -->pulp -->justice // ldr-->national-->disclosure) with some exceptions (depeche mode-->Kendrick-->fred again+skrillex, for instance). 

I could see: 

beach house, lcd soundystem and fontaines dc in the opening slot 

sabrina carpenter, chappell roan and charli in the middle slot

jamie xx, central cee and twigs in the closing slot. 

wednesday headliner? no idea

turnstile, idles, haimm maybe denzel curry look like amazon headliners to me; 
tv on the radio, anhoni, caribou-->peak time cupra material? 

floating points, kelly lee and confidence man late night ron brugal/cupra? 

Beach House on Mordor would be awful. Hope that doesn't happen 

Just now, scatteredscreens said:

Beach House on Mordor would be awful. Hope that doesn't happen 

me neither but who would you place instead? they have played several times. With a new album incoming I can see them upgrading to headliner-level, as it should be fair tbh

Just now, Whos3000_ said:

me neither but who would you place instead? they have played several times. With a new album incoming I can see them upgrading to headliner-level, as it should be fair tbh

Haim would be better.

To be honest I just hope they program it to keep the non pop stuff away from Mordor. I think Idles and Turnstile might be on Mordor though given Turnstile did the Amazon stage last time.

I could see Beach House, Idles, Denzel Curry, TV on the Radio, Floating Points, Turnstile and maybe Wet Leg being the Primavera stage/Ray Ban stage (are they amazon and Cupra now? I wasn't there last year) big acts. Albeit it's lacking a little on the electronic front maybe. 

Beabadoobee is a banker for Mordor on one of the pop headliner days I'd say. Clairo too. Wet Leg a possibility too?

I think it'd be a real mistake to waste, say, TV on the Radio on an evening Mordor slot as opposed to a late night headline/sub headline slot on a small stage. We've seen beach house, cigarettes after sex etc do great shows on these sorts of slots over the years. 

Edit: That said, a run of Beach House - > TVOTR -> Idles -> Fontaines -> LCD would be f**king magic no matter the stage.

Edited by ConfidenceMan

10 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

Haim would be better.

I was curious they weren't higher up in the announcement billing. But maybe that's my UK brain talking given here they drew one of the largest crowds at Glastonbury 2 years ago and sold out an arena run. Their London O2 tickets were tricky to get, and that's even before the rush that would've come had it been known in advance that Taylor Swift was going to turn up and sing a song with them.

30 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

Haim would be better.

To be honest I just hope they program it to keep the non pop stuff away from Mordor. I think Idles and Turnstile might be on Mordor though given Turnstile did the Amazon stage last time.

nope, turnstile did early mordor, before headliners

30 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

Haim would be better.

yes, agree about haim

36 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

Haim would be better.

Turnstile did Mordor last time, that did Fontaines too. IDLES has never done Mordor. I hope we get all of them at Amazon, but would expect that Turnstile (and Fontaines) is doing Mordor again, since they "always" plays the big stages on festivals (don't really know why they do this).

As long as Anohni, Beach House and TV on the Radio dont clash with Twigs and LCD, I'm fine.

Agree that Beach House should not be on Mordor, especially given the many popfans that will be there for the headliners. Would only work on a day where for example LCD and Fontaines are the biggest names and even then I'd prefer them on the Amazon stage.

Also think the popladies will be one per day to maximise sales, but would love to have them all on Saturday and ignore the area that day 😃

1 hour ago, ConfidenceMan said:

Still feels a bit empty. And if this lineup was announced by the end of November I wouldn’t even have any ideas of them adding new artists, but the fact that they released it so early, added an artist that is not that big the next day, and have weird division in the lineup poster makes me wonder if they are going to add something else. And in theory they easily can, we are still in October, all the other festivals are not even selling the tickets for the next year, let alone announcing new artists. Plus I cannot imagine all of the pop girls being all on different days, I feel like one of the days will have 2 girls on the same day, Central Cee doesn’t look like someone that can headline alone and LCD Soundystem were not announced as headliner, and that is also very strange. 

30 minutes ago, Martin_89 said:

Turnstile did Mordor last time, that did Fontaines too. IDLES has never done Mordor. I hope we get all of them at Amazon, but would expect that Turnstile (and Fontaines) is doing Mordor again, since they "always" plays the big stages on festivals (don't really know why they do this).

Amazon is a massive stage to be fair and if Deftones/Charli were playing it i doubt they'd turn their nose up at it.

1 hour ago, Marty76 said:

As long as Anohni, Beach House and TV on the Radio dont clash with Twigs and LCD, I'm fine.

Agree that Beach House should not be on Mordor, especially given the many popfans that will be there for the headliners. Would only work on a day where for example LCD and Fontaines are the biggest names and even then I'd prefer them on the Amazon stage.

Also think the popladies will be one per day to maximise sales, but would love to have them all on Saturday and ignore the area that day 😃

if beach house are on the same day of lcd or twigs, they will 99% clash with those headliner. More likely that someone pop will clash with sabrina carpenter, so that they will be able to always have a crowd split in two

Edited by Whos3000_

2 hours ago, scatteredscreens said:

Haim would be better.

Turnstile did Mordor last time. Can see them headlining Amazon Stage. Hopefully whilst Sabrina Carpenter is on. 

I'm interested in the regard in which beach house are held, I have seen them years ago and as far as I'm aware they have never topped that amazing song of at least a decade ago ("what comes after this, momentary bliss"). Happy to be corrected. But I would guess they are further away from playing Mordor now than they were 

in the past. 

5 minutes ago, Johndenis said:

I'm interested in the regard in which beach house are held, I have seen them years ago and as far as I'm aware they have never topped that amazing song of at least a decade ago ("what comes after this, momentary bliss"). Happy to be corrected. But I would guess they are further away from playing Mordor now than they were 

in the past. 

I loved Once Twice Melody, the album they put out a few years ago now. As good as their best stuff for me. 

With Beach House, it's all about setting and mood. Right stage, right crowd, it's gonna be a lovely evening. 

Chatty crowd on a big stage... Maybe not so much. 

Like Cigarettes After Sex, they seem to have had a bit of a popularity/reputation bump in recent years. Might be a socials/tiktok thing? 

I know the last time they played, I was very excited. About half my group was really into them and Low. The other half didn't care at all about either.