Access options on Tuesday 25th June

Soulphuric

Hi - just looking for some suggestion and knowledge share from anyone who has previously travelled down on the Tuesday of Glasto week.

We have 2 vehicles going down in our party, 1 with a caravan staying at the Bath & West offsite camping area. The 2nd is hoping to park in the general parking area paying at the gate.

From what we have read, the Bath & West offsite camping area is advertised at opening in the afternoon, but people mention it can open sooner. And the general car parks do not open until 9pm.

Plan is to arrive down there between 1-2pmish both vehicles - where we hopefully will get access to the Bath & West area, would anyone suggest where would be best to temporarily car park the other car, or knowledge of which car park is walkable (if any) to Bath & West?

I'm assuming there's limitations with readily getting on and off Bath & West, one way systems and a risk of getting stuck in further traffic if we try to pickup our 2nd car members from the other side (Gate A) if they car there.

Hope the query makes sense, I couldn't find a similar topic covering parking info - cheers 🙂

Hi again - just a bump on this one to hopefully get the other parts I was looking for.

I found this in the Questions area - I assume that the best time to attempt to park in the car parks is around 7pm, with an approach of driving past the car park entrance to see if they have started accepting cars? 

Also is there any disadvantage to buying a car park ticket at the gate (if not already) other than they cost a bit more?

53 minutes ago, Soulphuric said:

Hi again - just a bump on this one to hopefully get the other parts I was looking for.

I found this in the Questions area - I assume that the best time to attempt to park in the car parks is around 7pm, with an approach of driving past the car park entrance to see if they have started accepting cars? 

Also is there any disadvantage to buying a car park ticket at the gate (if not already) other than they cost a bit more?

cash only but other than that nope no disadvantage 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Soulphuric said:

They might run out before you get there 😉

Edited by Johnnyseven
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry another bump on this thread, rather than start another. 

If anyone has stayed at Bath & West Campsite before, please could you let me know what time the access usually starts. I've heard its straight on at the advertised 12pm slot, but I am assuming that means it is open earlier than this (on Tuesday 25th June)

Another query (linked to this) as I'm still trying to find help to get ready for the journey next Tuesday.

I'm trying to work out which bus timetable to use to get from Gate A (where family members parking) to Bath & West from the links on the Glasto site below suggested :

By bus | Glastonbury Festival (glastonburyfestivals.co.uk)

This link is for the Drop & Collect, or DC they call it - it doesn't reference Bath & West but wondering if that is what it means (also doesn't mention when service starts) :

Drop and collect point | Glastonbury Festival (glastonburyfestivals.co.uk)

What would help is if there was a map to accompany the shuttle bus timetables to understand the route it takes if anyone has seen one of those.

37 minutes ago, Soulphuric said:

Another query (linked to this) as I'm still trying to find help to get ready for the journey next Tuesday.

I'm trying to work out which bus timetable to use to get from Gate A (where family members parking) to Bath & West from the links on the Glasto site below suggested :

By bus | Glastonbury Festival (glastonburyfestivals.co.uk)

This link is for the Drop & Collect, or DC they call it - it doesn't reference Bath & West but wondering if that is what it means (also doesn't mention when service starts) :

Drop and collect point | Glastonbury Festival (glastonburyfestivals.co.uk)

What would help is if there was a map to accompany the shuttle bus timetables to understand the route it takes if anyone has seen one of those.

Yes - the Drop and collect point is at (just inside the entrance to) B&W Showgrounds, and so the terms B&W / D&C can be used interchangeably. Public services officially start at 7am Wednesday, and run 24/7, but it's operational for Staff use before that (starting from 9am Tuesday) so you'd likely be allowed on if you turned up earlier.

Here's the official bus map:

image.png.cf64d57b84e9c4331f98fdc9fa0efc98.png

• Thanks 1