Can you go in any venue?

2 hours ago, A Particular Grey Chihuahu said:

I've heard people saying there are some venues at Glastonbury that are women only, and there's one where you need to pay extra to get in by buying a moustache 🤔 is this BS or true?

There’s a women’s only venue - Sisterhood. You need a moustache to get into NYC Downlow, a gay club on site. I don’t recall ever paying for one, but that doesn’t mean much it’s usually quite late 😜

I heard someone mention a SE Asian area this year but I think anyone can go (although there are some festivals that have people of colour only areas, but I don't think Glastonbury has one of those).

8 hours ago, irnkrtn said:

There’s a women’s only venue - Sisterhood. You need a moustache to get into NYC Downlow, a gay club on site. I don’t recall ever paying for one, but that doesn’t mean much it’s usually quite late 😜

Thanks for the info.

55 minutes ago, CanWeRest said:

I heard someone mention a SE Asian area this year but I think anyone can go (although there are some festivals that have people of colour only areas, but I don't think Glastonbury has one of those).

Thank you.

16 hours ago, A Particular Grey Chihuahu said:

I've heard people saying there are some venues at Glastonbury that are women only, and there's one where you need to pay extra to get in by buying a moustache 🤔 is this BS or true?

The Mustache are on sale to get into NYC Downlow, all proceeds going to AIDS Charities if memory recalls 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, donthaveacoolname said:

The Mustache are on sale to get into NYC Downlow, all proceeds going to AIDS Charities if memory recalls 

Correct.  It's only £3-4 but if you've already got a real one then you're in, but it's courtesy to chuck a couple of quid in the bucket.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, irnkrtn said:

Does anyone know how the women's only venue is polices, and are trans or people who identify as women allowed in there? 

Sixterhood is not a woman only venue this year - from the website - 

The Sistxrhood continues to evolve in step with the gender revolution and this year will be open to all, whilst remaining a safe space hosting everything from workshops to parties.

However, it will be maintained as a safer space for women and NB festival goers, and they have staff to manage this - basically, don't be a dickhead, and you'll be good.

1 hour ago, jfaragher said:

The Sistxrhood continues to evolve in step with the gender revolution and this year will be open to all, whilst remaining a safe space hosting everything from workshops to parties.

However, it will be maintained as a safer space for women and NB festival goers, and they have staff to manage this - basically, don't be a dickhead, and you'll be good.

I think I'll probably steer clear to avoid awkwardness 😅 plenty of other venues.

9 hours ago, jfaragher said:

Doesn’t surprise me tbh. It’s the only exclusive space in the whole festival (don’t say backstage/crew bars etc you know what I mean!)

12 hours ago, irnkrtn said:

Doesn’t surprise me tbh. It’s the only exclusive space in the whole festival (don’t say backstage/crew bars etc you know what I mean!)

Not sure about that. I think if they're selling it as a safe place for women, it should be women only.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Iphigenia said:

Not sure about that. I think if they're selling it as a safe place for women, it should be women only.

I suspect they aren’t selling it as that anymore! Don’t disagree with you at all. 

• Upvote 1

On 6/3/2024 at 8:33 PM, A Particular Grey Chihuahu said:

You appear to think a lot of things discussed on here are "BS". Have you actually ever been to a Glastonbury Festival? 

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, StoneCircle said:

You appear to think a lot of things discussed on here are "BS". Have you actually ever been to a Glastonbury Festival? 

I don't know what you mean. I was asking a question based on something I heard elsewhere, on a Facebook page. It wasn't meant to be confrontational. I apologise. I've never been to Glastonbury before and that's why I'm asking questions. I'm keeping them here so as not to clog up the chat forum. I assumed this was the safe place to ask away? If not, I'll stop.

But, in my defence, it turns out that it was BS. Many thanks to the user here on this forum who clarified it for me @jfaragher

Edited by A Particular Grey Chihuahu
Adding namecheck
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, A Particular Grey Chihuahu said:

I don't know what you mean. I was asking a question based on something I heard elsewhere, on a Facebook page. It wasn't meant to be confrontational. I apologise. I've never been to Glastonbury before and that's why I'm asking questions. I'm keeping them here so as not to clog up the chat forum. I assumed this was the safe place to ask away? If not, I'll stop.

But, in my defence, it turns out that it was BS. Many thanks to the user here on this forum who clarified it for me @jfaragher

Ask as many questions as you want, it'll make little difference and you'll forget most of the answers once the sensory overload kicks in.

Nothing can prepare you for what awaits.

Just bring a smile and money and you'll be just fine...

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Nice hymer said:

Ask as many questions as you want, it'll make little difference and you'll forget most of the answers once the sensory overload kicks in.

Nothing can prepare you for what awaits.

Just bring a smile and money and you'll be just fine...

Thank you. Mental note : must remember money 😅

3 hours ago, A Particular Grey Chihuahu said:

It is a safe place to ask questions. Ask away but there is no need to be confrontational. People are happy to help 😊

43 minutes ago, StoneCircle said:

It is a safe place to ask questions. Ask away but there is no need to be confrontational. People are happy to help 😊

Wait a minute, you were the one that was being confrontational. You literally followed him from a different thread to have a go at him because you didn't like the (fairly common sense) things he was saying 🤔

37 minutes ago, CanWeRest said:

Wait a minute, you were the one that was being confrontational. You literally followed him from a different thread to have a go at him because you didn't like the (fairly common sense) things he was saying 🤔

I don't feel that I had a go at the person in question. I apologise to @A Particular Grey Chihuahu if that's how it seems. 😊

Edited by StoneCircle

I find it very easy to wonder why someone wants to know the answer? 

The simplist explanation would be when it's a specific venue and you've seen something on the line up and wonder if you can get in, but that doesn't appear to have come up here. 

19 minutes ago, clarkete said:

I find it very easy to wonder why someone wants to know the answer? 

The simplist explanation would be when it's a specific venue and you've seen something on the line up and wonder if you can get in, but that doesn't appear to have come up here. 

No need to wonder, I'm happy to explain. Keep in mind I've never been to Glastonbury, and I've seen people saying how some areas are exclusive. 

I didn't want to waste time queuing somewhere to be turned away. I didn't want to end up in a venue where I am not welcome. I didn't want to be pressured to pay extra to get into a venue after paying all that money for my ticket. 

Just out of interest, what other reasons for knowing the answer to my question could there be?