TBA on Woodsies

Justiceforcedave

25 minutes ago, Physical_graffiti said:

also their stock has dropped slightly since they (correctly) booted out the wife beater

I was surprised when I looked up their tour earlier in the year. They’re back playing clubs and small venues like when they started out. 

Edited by Madyaker

7 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

I was surprised when I looked up their tour earlier in the year. They’re back playing clubs and small venues like when they started out. 

Though they are playing a big show in Leicester with Kaiser Chiefs as support in early July at a similar size to their 2014 show at the same venue, so they've not totally given up on the big spots just yet.

Why is there only one secret set across the 5 main stages? Some good secret sets was my saving grace this year! Last year we had Foo Fighters, Rick Astley & Blossoms, The Pretenders and Hozier across the Pyramid, Park and Woodsies didn't we? 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

They did like 3 brixton nights and some mid sized festivals - its perfectly reasonable they do the slot

there's also info no

Just now, HotChipWillBreakYourLegs said:

Could be Hot Chip.  They're all on site doing other things, DJ sets and Al is in LCD Soundsystem.

This would be very disappointing would be like fatboy doing it lol

41 minutes ago, The Orgazoid said:

Its Kasabian and always has been, funny how people choose to ignore it on favour of what they want.

Works for me, its exactly what I want for that slot. If if gets "confirmed" or at least pretty much confirmed before the festival like previous, they'll be one of my must sees

Whenever I hear the name Kasabian my mind drifts back to a time at uni when we were in a student bar and Club Foot came on. The long intro is obviously pretty quiet and indistinct, but as soon as the guitars kicked in, some lad lifted up his three-quarters full pint, screamed "KAAAASSSSAAABIIAAAAANNNNNN!" at the top of his lungs and just smashed his pint into the centre of bar. 

Still gets me giggling after all these years.

Edited by MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

32 minutes ago, al_coholic said:

George Ezra was bloody brilliant in that slot in 2022. A real highlight. But it won't be him again. 

I wouldn't usually see him but he was on after Sports Club (who were great by the way) and I thought as I was in a good spot and there was nothing else I wanted to see, I might as well hang on.  He was good actually.  I wouldn't bother seeing him on a main stage or later in the day or anything but for a nice cheesy earlyish feelgood slot, he fit the bill.