TBA on Woodsies

Justiceforcedave

25 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Yeah, there was no inside word on Pulp last year. However this year there is.

I really hope its not. Its so annoying when they do secret sets of acts who are clearly way too huge for the setting, and there's no chance of most people getting in. Kasabian etc make sense as it'd be busy but not too busy. Foo Fighters was perfect last year

Edited by efcfanwirral

I'm still can not get out my head that this set will  be Peter Hook & The Light features Rowetta doing the songs of Joy Division.

I know people are stamping there feet and saying it can only be Kasabian. But me and many others have no concept of the individual who shared the info so in my head its currently no different to any other person online having a guess.

But her post about singing these songs at Glastonbury felt like a subtle hint, and it's kind of parallel to last years Smith's secret set.  

Edited by Ben7amin_
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Ben7amin_ said:

What the f was Kings of Leon doing all those Glastonbury posts about....  trolls 

I never understood why people took that as gospel. It was from a fan account was it not and not the official kings of Leon page 

13 minutes ago, Ncahir94 said:

I never understood why people took that as gospel. It was from a fan account was it not and not the official kings of Leon page 

Is this not there official account? I followed it after the first story. I caught the next few myself on this same account??

Screenshot_20240606-133621_Instagram.jpg

3 minutes ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

Wasn't it before their BST date was announced?

Cant remember but I guess they just see England as England.  And probably have more photos from Glastonbury than any other outdoor venue!  Might make sense I guess

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ncahir94 said:

It was from their official account, and 2 or 3 times was Glastonbury clips. On the face of it seemed too much to be coincidence, I can’t recall another major act being so blatant but also, apparently, so misleading 

2 hours ago, FloopFiller said:

KOL thing almost definitely just because there is tons of good quality Glastonbury footage available unlike most of their other gigs so they used that footage to allude to their return to the U.K. 

That could well be it tbf. Much as I agree it could lead to people who live here drawing a different conclusion.

Also odd when one considers they have professionally filmed two separate gigs at London O2.

There was solid info around that Churnups were the Foos last year, anybody saying it was Pulp was just choosing to Ignore that intel, but it was there none the less. A lot of people jumped on the "if you churn something it becomes pulp' bandwagon, and then refused to see past something they thought was them being clever.

There has been intel for some time this slot is Kasabian, its ok to not want it to be Kasabian and put your fingers in your ears and say you think it is someone else, but it wont change the fact its Kasabian, in the same way it was always Foos last year if you cared to acknowledge the intel and not go into denial.

Seriously most of the bands mentioned as "massive " secret sets I couldn't be arsed about.  Never liked the Killers or Blur. Was at Glastonbury 95 for Pulps big moment but never bought an album and think they are old hat. 

Churnups..couldn't be bothered with them either. 

The one secret set would be interested in would be Radiohead.... hopefully all the twats that talked all through their Pyramid set last time wouldn't be there..I walked off to see Flaming Lips  last time they were doing my head in that much.

Bands I'd really like to do a secret or not set would be the likes of Bodega, Deadletter. Sports Team and Deja Vega. 

Edited by Popsider75
  • Like 1

On 6/7/2024 at 2:51 PM, Mcbatesman said:

Imagine it turns out to be talking heads reunion....

Let's file this suggestion next to when people thought that Sault were going to make their live debut in a secret gig on the bbc Introducing stage last year 😀 

On 6/7/2024 at 2:20 PM, The Orgazoid said:

There was solid info around that Churnups were the Foos last year, anybody saying it was Pulp was just choosing to Ignore that intel, but it was there none the less. A lot of people jumped on the "if you churn something it becomes pulp' bandwagon, and then refused to see past something they thought was them being clever.

There has been intel for some time this slot is Kasabian, its ok to not want it to be Kasabian and put your fingers in your ears and say you think it is someone else, but it wont change the fact its Kasabian, in the same way it was always Foos last year if you cared to acknowledge the intel and not go into denial.

As far as I understand it the info on Kasabian is some guy posted that it was Kasabian may have also give info on  Coldplay Dua et etc....

Now fair play a lot of the efestivals peeps are happy to believe this and fair play if you choose to abd it may well be right!! Well done web bragging rights for you.

BUT!!!!  I for one beleive  it is absolutely 100% f**king essential for the survival of the human species that everyone does not automatically believe random stuff there told by people they do not know on the internet. We the people have no way of knowing who knows what and who does not. 

Its not in anyway weird for people to hear some guy as info that is Kasabian and to choose to carry on speculating in fact it may well be common sense.

16 hours ago, Popsider75 said:

Seriously most of the bands mentioned as "massive " secret sets I couldn't be arsed about.  Never liked the Killers or Blur. Was at Glastonbury 95 for Pulps big moment but never bought an album and think they are old hat. 

Churnups..couldn't be bothered with them either. 

The one secret set would be interested in would be Radiohead.... hopefully all the twats that talked all through their Pyramid set last time wouldn't be there..I walked off to see Flaming Lips  last time they were doing my head in that much.

Bands I'd really like to do a secret or not set would be the likes of Bodega, Deadletter. Sports Team and Deja Vega. 

Thankfully for a festival of so many stages you and I are on opposite sides of the coin. 

Can't pretend I'm a Radiohead fan, was curious about their headline set, but left for flaming lips as it was very much not my bag. 

When they did their secret set up the park I left beforehand, as I recall there were enough people heading up it looked like they would close it, so I could only see them doing a secret set in future on a very big stage, too much fear of overcrowding now that it's so hard to keep secrets. 

I thought the Woodsies was a foregone conclusion this year? 

Im sure i saw Somebody on fb post a screenshot from the new app listing Kasabian at Woodsies.. There was also Beth Ditto listed for the new Scissors stage which has now gone. Been trying to find the fb post since but seems to have been removed.

Edited by Euphoricape

45 minutes ago, Euphoricape said:

Im sure i saw Somebody on fb post a screenshot from the new app listing Kasabian at Woodsies.. There was also Beth Ditto listed for the new Scissors stage which has now gone. Been trying to find the fb post since but seems to have been removed.

FB_IMG_1717869432230.jpg