Worst Clash / Best Run

CharlotteB

What is your worst Clash? And to balance the karma out, what is your best run?

Worst Clash: Paul Heaton / Stornoway on the Friday

Best Run: Mannequin Pussy into Soccer Mommy into Fat White Family into TBA (all at Woodsies on the Saturday)

Worst clash is probably Shania and Janelle vs Blondshell and Alvvays.

Don't think I'll actually end up doing this but the Woodises run from Mannequin Pussy all the way to Yard Act on Saturday is pretty good.

Worst clash personally is Sunday with Janelle Monae / Avril Lavigne / Baby Queen / Lottery Winners. I’ve only got 6 shortlisted for Sunday and 4 of the f**kers clash! 

Clash: Shania vs. Blondshell/Alvvays (will be at Blondshell then try to catch the last bit of Shania before heading to the Other Stage for Avril)

Best Run: The Ks into NewDad into Blondshell absolutely makes the festival for me

17 minutes ago, CharlotteB said:

I noticed that clash too, but Stornoway are in the Wishing Well later on Friday (19.45), can you catch them then?

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Worst clash personally is Sunday with Janelle Monae / Avril Lavigne / Baby Queen / Lottery Winners. I’ve only got 6 shortlisted for Sunday and 4 of the f**kers clash! 

My sunday is pretty thin on the ground with must-sees acts, but I really want to see Pillow Queens on LF and Alvvays on Woodsies. Trouble is, Pillow Queens finish right when Alvvays start and it's a fair walk. So that's my worst clash or partial clash.

Best run - Zawose Queens, Frank Turner, Heilung on the Sat.

19 minutes ago, BookAngel said:

I noticed that clash too, but Stornoway are in the Wishing Well later on Friday (19.45), can you catch them then?

You are a genius!!! 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

55 minutes ago, CharlotteB said:

Best Run: Mannequin Pussy into Soccer Mommy into Fat White Family into TBA (all at Woodsies on the Saturday)

I will be at woodsies all day Saturday from kneecap opening through to Sleaford Mods. Absolutely the heart of the festival for me this year. 

Worst Clash for me is idles/fontaines. Also Sleaford mods/Orbital/ The Streets is a triple nightmare.

• Like 2

The Idles/Fontaines clash is a killer for me too but I'm seeing both later in the year so I'm going to stick with my heart and see Idles.  I think the energy they'll bring to a headline slot on Other will be incredible.  As an added bonus now the set times are confirmed, I might be able to catch the last 20-30mins of Fontaines if crowd dispersal allows.

Sleaford Mods vs The Streets on the Saturday is a horrible one too.  I've seen SM so many times but loyalty might drag me back once more

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Worst clash is either….

Janelle vs Avril or Bonobo vs LCD 

Tbh that’s about it for me clash wise, I’ve come out fairly unscathed.

Best run…..

Barry Can't Swim > Confidence Man > Sugababes > LCD Soundsystem > Faithless > Joy Orbison > Haai b2b Ki/Ki

The Little Simz/Yard Act/English Teacher clash is killer for me. Why they would clash 2 of the biggest Leeds-based post-punk acts of the moment I have no idea. I was really hoping English Teacher were doing another set somewhere

Edited by Acid_Haze
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Euphoricape said:

I will be at woodsies all day Saturday from kneecap opening through to Sleaford Mods. Absolutely the heart of the festival for me this year. 

Worst Clash for me is idles/fontaines. Also Sleaford mods/Orbital/ The Streets is a triple nightmare.

Woodsies has played a blinder. There have been years where I haven't been there at all, but I can see myself spending a lot of time there this time round. The Tree Stage is very interesting too.

Still completely undecided on most things but some really good runs I’ve spotted are:

Kneecap > High Vis > Mannequin Pussy > Soccer Mommy > Fat White Family (Woodsies)

Barry Can’t Swim > Joy Anonymous B2B Salute > Hot Chip > Eric Prydz

The K’s > NewDad > Blondshell > Alvvays 

Just noticed English Teacher and John Cooper Clarke clash, which is an annoying one for me. That one will depend on what mood I'm in on the day.

12 hours ago, Acid_Haze said:

The Little Simz/Yard Act/English Teacher clash is killer for me. Why they would clash 2 of the biggest Leeds-based post-punk acts of the moment I have no idea. I was really hoping English Teacher were doing another set somewhere

Add The Breeders to YA and ET and you've got my most frustrating 3-way clash! But geography and exact times means that ET will get the nod. Which is also pretty great. 

Ben

Edited by bennyhana22