(Relative) Biggest/ Smallest Crowd Size Predictions

kemosabe

3 hours ago, JayDiesel said:

It's been fairly seldom referenced, but Gossip on Woodsies is going to be a ghost town. I can't comprehend how they're headlining that stage with such a small status. I don't mind a few of their tracks, but they hold neither 'popular' relevance (as in, they aren't a big band right now), nor the 'artistic' relevance (as in, have acclaimed works and a cult fanbase - think Fever Ray last year). 

I think it's heavily leaning on Beth's massive political persona on stage but it feels a bit awkward that this huge, grand, brash political performance is going to be seen by about 100 people (slight exaggeration)

Gossip is likely where I'll end up on Saturday night. Fully expecting it to be quiet there, but hoping it's not too dead.

Definitely strange booking, would probably have killed it as a sub-headliner with slightly less competition. 

3 hours ago, incident said:

Maybe his personal "brand" isn't as well known as those names.

But in terms of the actual music being played, I'd say he beats both comfortably for recognition especially once you get past the 2 or 3 biggest songs. The Housemartins were all over mainstream radio in the 80s, and the Beautiful South likewise in the 90s - with both still getting airplay today.

And I say that as someone who cannot be anywhere near the field that day, due to the very real risk that he plays Perfect 10.

Fairly sure that Perfect 10 and 36D aren't haven't been on the playlist for a while, for obvious reasons.  Think Mr Heaton is more alive to such issues than most.

1 hour ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Fairly sure that Perfect 10 and 36D aren't haven't been on the playlist for a while, for obvious reasons.  Think Mr Heaton is more alive to such issues than most.

He’s definitely playing Perfect 10. Not actually a bad sentiment TBF. 

On 6/4/2024 at 8:41 PM, TiZuff said:

coldplay sitting at 48% on the core CF then take into account all the people who dont use a CF more than likely also going to coldplay ! Will not be elton big but it will be very very busy.

What is the "CF"? Maybe I'm being dumb? Chat Forum?

14 hours ago, LinvoyPrimus said:

Gossip is likely where I'll end up on Saturday night. Fully expecting it to be quiet there, but hoping it's not too dead.

Definitely strange booking, would probably have killed it as a sub-headliner with slightly less competition. 

I think that’s where I will be also. I like actually like the new Gossip album 

• Upvote 2

I reckon The Gossip will pull a bigger crowd than people are predicting. Jamie T did well up against Macca in that slot and they do higher numbers on Spotify than him (though that song may skew things). Beth Ditto still has something of a profile too. 

Edit:

Just checked the where the new album charted, maybe not!

Edited by Joey Peeps

18 hours ago, FloopFiller said:

Think people are massively underestimating Shania’s pull to a general non-nerdy/efests/discord crowd. Couple of huge tune singalongs and a whole lot of cheese? People are gonna be all over it, and Nothing But Thieves/Steel Pulse/Blondeshell etc aren’t gonna draw away a ton of people. 

Gonna be a monster crowd.  There's a general lack of acts on the Pyramid who've got big singalong bangers and people are going to be desperate for something the likes of which PJ Harvey isn't going to give them.

2 hours ago, Joey Peeps said:

I reckon The Gossip will pull a bigger crowd than people are predicting. Jamie T did well up against Macca in that slot and they do higher numbers on Spotify than him (though that song may skew things). Beth Ditto still has something of a profile too. 

Edit:

Just checked the where the new album charted, maybe not!

Gossip is a nostalgia booking. It helps that the new album is actually rather decent, but I’m not sure the ‘hook’ is the new album.

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Gonna be a monster crowd.  There's a general lack of acts on the Pyramid who've got big singalong bangers and people are going to be desperate for something the likes of which PJ Harvey isn't going to give them.

If you dont know the words that maketh murder thats on you! PJ will be spellbinding. Hardly a singalong no. But theres sugababes on west holts for that. And, er, keane?!

55 minutes ago, LinvoyPrimus said:

Gossip is a nostalgia booking. It helps that the new album is actually rather decent, but I’m not sure the ‘hook’ is the new album.

Yeah that's a fair point. The singles were pretty good though not sure it's went beyond much more than 6 Music. 

I think Nia Archives is going to have a massive crowd for West Holts. Feel she's really taking off at the moment, and it's just before Justice as well. Against Burna Boy, Two Door and Romy, who no doubt will all take people I reckon, but it is a Sunday with the extra crowds as well.  

7 minutes ago, kemosabe said:

I think Nia Archives is going to have a massive crowd for West Holts. Feel she's really taking off at the moment, and it's just before Justice as well. Against Burna Boy, Two Door and Romy, who no doubt will all take people I reckon, but it is a Sunday with the extra crowds as well.  

Yeah I was hoping to catch some of Burna Boy and then head over to the second half of Nia but wondering if that’s a dumb idea if I want a decent space for Justice. Can’t imagine there will be too much crowd churn afterwards…

12 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

Yeah I was hoping to catch some of Burna Boy and then head over to the second half of Nia but wondering if that’s a dumb idea if I want a decent space for Justice. Can’t imagine there will be too much crowd churn afterwards…

There's a full out between Nia and Justice, so I don't think you'll have any issues if you get there at the end of Nia's set. Many people won't just stand in the same place for an hour. 

Ben

Dixon into Jobse , Thursday in San Remo is going to be rammed! 

Seems an odd booking when Dresden ( although one of my fave DJs ) aren't half as well known and on the Assembly stage which is a little bigger.

Edited by badger80
  • Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

There's a full out between Nia and Justice, so I don't think you'll have any issues if you get there at the end of Nia's set. Many people won't just stand in the same place for an hour. 

Ben

I dunno like, I did Bonbo and Bicep a few years ago and there really wasn't much change in crowd. People were pretty content to keep still from what I remember 

1 hour ago, bennyhana22 said:

Ben

Good point, probably gonna need a piss break in between regardless… probably just feel this one out on the day tbh. Can’t say I’m too fussed over either Burna or Nia anyway, just see how it goes. 

Sunday night is all up in the air for me. 

Curious about Burna Boy as never seen live Afrobeats, but zero interest from the rest of my group who seem split between Romy and Nia Archives.

Then I'm also the only one with any interest in SZA but sounds like she didn't set Primavera on fire at the weekend.  Ideally I'd check her out and swing to Justice to join the gang if she's tanking - but gonna be like sardines over at the Holts.

2 hours ago, badger80 said:

Dixon into Jobse , Thursday in San Remo is going to be rammed! 

Seems an odd booking when Dresden ( although one of my fave DJs ) aren't half as well known and on the Assembly stage which is a little bigger.

Great news, I'll be at Mall Grab at the Glade on at the same time which hopefully wont be as busy