(Relative) Biggest/ Smallest Crowd Size Predictions

kemosabe

1 minute ago, CharlotteB said:

Do you think the Tree Stage will be rammed on the Thursday with the ambient stuff? It's a bit of an unknown quantity imo.

I doubt it. Think people will head over for a bit of a nose at what it’s like but can’t imagine it’s gonna keep people there for long. Very interested to see how popular that is on the main days - very much not the vibe I’m after but I’m sure there’ll be some people keen for something other than thumping electronic music all night. 

13 hours ago, Porcelina said:

They really need to switch Janelle and Avril's slots - there will genuinely be 100k+ people migrating from the Pyramid to the Other in that hour. Shania will have the biggest crowd of the weekend - she's had a real revival given the similarities to Taylor.

I would guess Janelle will have literally 25% of Avril's crowd size.

Funny world we live in if Shania Twain and Avril Lavigne draw the biggest crowds. But I suppose Rolf Harris always used to. People seem to love naff nostalgia. 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Glastonbury101 said:

Do people think Skream and Benga will be hard to get into on the Thursday?

Yes, great opener but also totally wrong if that makes sense?

It's one of my sets of the weekend, I'm expecting it to be so busy that I might end up ditching it.

OK Williams playing The Levels at the same time, that might take some of the crowd...

48 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

I doubt it. Think people will head over for a bit of a nose at what it’s like but can’t imagine it’s gonna keep people there for long. Very interested to see how popular that is on the main days - very much not the vibe I’m after but I’m sure there’ll be some people keen for something other than thumping electronic music all night. 

Yes, especially as it's only on "after hours" on the main days. I think I'll give it a go just out of interest and to see what the vibe is like.

1 minute ago, EZYSEY said:

Is it risky for me to watch Fontaines at the Park and still hope to get a good spot for Bicep at IIcon? Really don't want to miss either.

Yes, as a LOT of people will be making the same trip post-headliners and Fontaines finish half an hour after all of the other main stages so by the time you’re heading over most of the site will have already arrived and claimed their place.

42 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

Yes, as a LOT of people will be making the same trip post-headliners and Fontaines finish half an hour after all of the other main stages so by the time you’re heading over most of the site will have already arrived and claimed their place.

I thought as much. Might have to suck it up and watch Jungle instead.

Planning on watching part of Honey Dijon at Genosys before Bicep.....Would I be ok going from Genosys into IICON field around 30 mins before Bicep's set or will they send me all the way back round? 🤦‍♂️

58 minutes ago, CH0161 said:

Planning on watching part of Honey Dijon at Genosys before Bicep.....Would I be ok going from Genosys into IICON field around 30 mins before Bicep's set or will they send me all the way back round? 🤦‍♂️

You can move freely between Block9 West and East, between Genosys and IICON - you'll be fine.

Ben

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

That’s what I’m thinking! Fancy going real early and getting a good spot. 

It does make me laugh that his wife has been put on before him to get the benefit of everyone who has turned up for him. Think on the poster they were initially the other way around which might have caused some marital tension when she was left playing to nobody after the mass exodus 😂

4 hours ago, EZYSEY said:

I thought as much. Might have to suck it up and watch Jungle instead.

Personally think its fine mate. Yes will be slow moving but ICON is pretty big and usually heaps of space near the front. Bicep obviously will be busy but dont think they will close the stage. @bennyhana22 may have some more thoughts.

I am planning on going Fontaines to Bicep

22 minutes ago, mpdow2 said:

Personally think its fine mate. Yes will be slow moving but ICON is pretty big and usually heaps of space near the front. Bicep obviously will be busy but dont think they will close the stage. @bennyhana22 may have some more thoughts.

I am planning on going Fontaines to Bicep

I went from Arctic's to Four Tet who had the same slot last year and it was fine. It was a proper effort breaking through the crowd crust though. I'm just conscious of the Park headliners finishing half an hour later which may make things difficult.

Edited by EZYSEY

4 hours ago, EZYSEY said:

I went from Arctic's to Four Tet who had the same slot last year and it was fine. It was a proper effort breaking through the crowd crust though. I'm just conscious of the Park headliners finishing half an hour later which may make things difficult.

Yeah worst case you miss 15 mins or something but there is 45 mins to get there and that crust is from all the other stages finishing same time going to SEC. The later finish may actually mean its much smoother going

On 6/6/2024 at 6:14 AM, Joey Peeps said:

I reckon The Gossip will pull a bigger crowd than people are predicting. Jamie T did well up against Macca in that slot and they do higher numbers on Spotify than him (though that song may skew things). Beth Ditto still has something of a profile too. 

Edit:

Just checked the where the new album charted, maybe not!

I liked the singles that I heard on, yes, 6 music. Though they did sound like the sort of thing Rick rubin had worked very hard on, and would probably be butchered live. Is the live band just guitars and drums? Headlining Woodsies often seems a poisoned chalice. I saw Phoenix with half a tents worth of folk there on the Saturday night in 2017. FFS Franz - sparks struggled for a crowd there a decade or so ago? I saw metronomy fill the tent - just - on the Sunday in 2017.

3 hours ago, Johndenis said:

I liked the singles that I heard on, yes, 6 music. Though they did sound like the sort of thing Rick rubin had worked very hard on, and would probably be butchered live. Is the live band just guitars and drums? Headlining Woodsies often seems a poisoned chalice. I saw Phoenix with half a tents worth of folk there on the Saturday night in 2017. FFS Franz - sparks struggled for a crowd there a decade or so ago? I saw metronomy fill the tent - just - on the Sunday in 2017.

yeah I agree I think it is a hard slot.  But I've seen some fantastic headliners in Woodsies.  Hot Chip last year were great but there was loads of space to dance.  Metronomy and Phoenix were great in 2017 again plenty of space . I think the busiest was Sigur Ros in 2016...but I was very drunk for that so could be misremembering.

On 6/7/2024 at 9:57 AM, EZYSEY said:

Is it risky for me to watch Fontaines at the Park and still hope to get a good spot for Bicep at IIcon? Really don't want to miss either.

My plan is Fontaines to Katy B but now you've made me think that might be ambitious.

On 6/7/2024 at 8:58 AM, kpins said:

Funny world we live in if Shania Twain and Avril Lavigne draw the biggest crowds. But I suppose Rolf Harris always used to. People seem to love naff nostalgia. 

Never got the Rolf Harris thing, even before all the offences came to light. I went along to the West Holts set one year and it was completely rammed and easily the worst thing I've ever seen at Glastonbury. I think it was supposed to be funny(?) but was embarrasingly poor and cringey and a nightmare to try and escape while he was still on.

18 minutes ago, Parched said:

Is getting into Strummerville for Fat Dog on the Thursday going to be a struggle? I told myself I'd avoid anything crazy busy on Thursday but really liking them and don't think I'll be able to make other slots.

Anything moderately popular is gonna be busy on the Thursday given the lack of major competition elsewhere on site so definitely be a ‘turn up an act or two before’ type deal if you’re really wanting to see them imo. 

On 6/7/2024 at 11:50 AM, donthaveacoolname said:

Ha, I'm in the same boat but going to go the opposite way and stick with fontains and head to Arcadia after.....

the pinch point between Park and Arcadia will be less traumatic this year - they have widened the gap - over doubled so that should reduce crusgh and I think the toilets that were opposite are being moved bacause it was clearly too crowded there in the last couple of years - I was there a week ago and the gap is deffo doubled 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Johndenis said:

Yeah come to think of it every headliner I've seen there has had a pretty small crowd. Wonder if the perceived distance of Woodises from other parts of the site has an impact. Have a feeling Jamie xx might buck that trend this year as think a lot of our group are doing LCD > Jamie xx and can see that being a popular move. 

34 minutes ago, mouserat said:

Yeah come to think of it every headliner I've seen there has had a pretty small crowd. Wonder if the perceived distance of Woodises from other parts of the site has an impact. Have a feeling Jamie xx might buck that trend this year as think a lot of our group are doing LCD > Jamie xx and can see that being a popular move. 

The Streets' headline set in JPT (as it was then) in 2019 was rammo. 

Ben